Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think Elle Darby deserves the tit she's getting and I don't agree that she needs to be cancelled. I've never even heard of her but if you want to tell me you didn't say dumb tit at 16 then you are a LIAR!
I was a mean girl and I thank god every day that social media wasn't around when I was younger. I cringe at all the horrible tit I said. I'm not on twitter but from everything I hear and see it is a cesspit
Im not too sure about this tbh, I’ve pretty much had social media my whole life, from MySpace and Bebo days 😂 Yes I’ve said dumb tit, had opinions that have changed, worn very VERY questionable outfits etc There is nothing racist or homophobic on my old pages though, I guarantee it.

Reactions: 44
Im not too sure about this tbh, I’ve pretty much had social media my whole life, from MySpace and Bebo days 😂 Yes I’ve said dumb tit, had opinions that have changed, worn very VERY questionable outfits etc There is nothing racist or homophobic on my old pages though, I guarantee it.
I don't think I would've posted that sort of stuff either but I think it is unrealistic to think some of the "bigger" personalities wouldn't do that trying to look cool (is cool even used anymore? showing my age)
But I think it is very unfair to cancel a person for what they posted at 16. If she apologised and if it was sincere then that's where it should stop, otherwise nobody is safe from making mistakes.

Reactions: 9
I don't think Elle Darby deserves the tit she's getting and I don't agree that she needs to be cancelled. I've never even heard of her but if you want to tell me you didn't say dumb tit at 16 then you are a LIAR!
I was a mean girl and I thank god every day that social media wasn't around when I was younger. I cringe at all the horrible tit I said. I'm not on twitter but from everything I hear and see it is a cesspit
Definitely said dumb and probably unintentionally racist stuff but never said I hate a whole group of people just because of their nationality. It's also the sheer volume of those tweets that makes it worse. I think she deserves it, tired of shite people being popular for nothing

I don't think I would've posted that sort of stuff either but I think it is unrealistic to think some of the "bigger" personalities wouldn't do that trying to look cool (is cool even used anymore? showing my age)
But I think it is very unfair to cancel a person for what they posted at 16. If she apologised and if it was sincere then that's where it should stop, otherwise nobody is safe from making mistakes.
Didn't sound sincere. Standard influencer apology of "I'm sorry I've been called out"

Reactions: 9
oh for god sake have you seen her bile.
“Dumb tit” hardly represents what she regularly tweeted and continued doing 5 years ago.
she deserves to be called out on it. And nobody is ever cancelled.
Be as big a witch as you want online, racist, animal abuse, fatphobic, whatever, but don’t then try and play “girl next door/everyone’s online best friend” and profit from it.

Definitely said dumb and probably unintentionally racist stuff but never said I hate a whole group of people just because of their nationality. It's also the sheer volume of those tweets that makes it worse. I think she deserves it, tired of shite people being popular for nothing

Didn't sound sincere. Standard influencer apology of "I'm sorry I've been called out"
exactly!!!!!!

Reactions: 28
Elle & Polly absolutely need to be held to account for the absolute mass of hatred they posted.

Reactions: 10
The image of the tortured artist seems so glamorous when imagining some Byronic Romantic poet of the nineteenth century. As usual, real life doesn't live up! :ROFLMAO:
I wish I could send you pics.. he's hardly starving. Far from it.. probably eats more in a day than I do in a week from the look of him.He wrote 1 play that the Guardian rated when it was Zoom performed last year and it's totally gone to his head. He thinks he's it because he knows Juliet Stevenson.. but believe me he does not want to start a pissing contest with me re who knows who I will totally trounce him.. either by myself or via my partner

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are they the Vietnamese places?
Yes, most of the dodgy places are staffed by Vietnamese people. They pay a lot of money to come to the UK and basically work like a slave to pay back their debt.

Of course, not every nail bar with Vietnamese people working there is dodgy, but there are usually red flags. Years ago I got my nails done in a place with a row of workers who were all wearing masks (before covid), all worked almost in complete silence and spoke barely any English. Weird atmosphere. I later found out the place had been busted and there were a dozen workers who lived upstairs and were basically treated like slaves. I would definitely report now if I had suspicions.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
“Dumb tit” hardly represents what she regularly tweeted and continued doing 5 years ago.
Be as big a witch as you want online, racist, animal abuse, fatphobic, whatever, but don’t then try and play “girl next door/everyone’s online best friend” and profit from it.

exactly!!!!!!
What has she said?

What has she said?

Scroll down a bit for a lovely variety of tweets!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
As I've got older, I get more anti - whatever. I'm stuck in my ways and I don't fecking care & so bollox to PC- Ness, woke - Ness and people screeching at me about saving the planet.

I like my car
I like my gas central heating
I like my holiday once every two years
I like sandwiches in cellophane wrappers
I like grilling bacon for sandwiches

I'll be dead in 25 yrs time, so duck them 😀😀

• Haha
Reactions: 36

exactly!!!!!!
I was just reading on there a few nights ago I thought the new members were way OTT the reg posters were right in what they said ,the only downside of it is the regulars will miss the thread now she's not posting on SM but at 17 you're mature enough to know right from wrong ,that's all...

Reactions: 6
As I've got older, I get more anti - whatever. I'm stuck in my ways and I don't fecking care & so bollox to PC- Ness, woke - Ness and people screeching at me about saving the planet.

I like my car
I like my gas central heating
I like my holiday once every two years
I like sandwiches in cellophane wrappers
I like grilling bacon for sandwiches

I'll be dead in 25 yrs time, so duck them 😀😀
the heating one resonates with me!
I hate being cold and spoke to my dad (ex gas engineer) about these new proposed Heat Pumps. They are not going to work for the majority of people. The pumps only heat to a certain degree centigrade but the countries radiators only work on a much higher degree...so people will replace their boilers but it looks like these won't work in conjunction with our current heat methods...so how exactly are these going to help heat peoples homes?

Reactions: 12
the heating one resonates with me!
I hate being cold and spoke to my dad (ex gas engineer) about these new proposed Heat Pumps. They are not going to work for the majority of people. The pumps only heat to a certain degree centigrade but the countries radiators only work on a much higher degree...so people will replace their boilers but it looks like these won't work in conjunction with our current heat methods...so how exactly are these going to help heat peoples homes?
Doesn't the house have to be perfectly insulated for it to work as well? They're also not compatible for a lot of brick built building as they need ventilation breath.

Reactions: 1
Yes, most of the dodgy places are staffed by Vietnamese people. They pay a lot of money to come to the UK and basically work like a slave to pay back their debt.

Of course, not every nail bar with Vietnamese people working there is dodgy, but there are usually red flags. Years ago I got my nails done in a place with a row of workers who were all wearing masks (before covid), all worked almost in complete silence and spoke barely any English. Weird atmosphere. I later found out the place had been busted and there were a dozen workers who lived upstairs and were basically treated like slaves. I would definitely report now if I had suspicions.
Those cheap nail bars with the eastern Asian girls - they are modern slaves, many of them are forced into prostituting as well. They also use them as money laundering fronts for drugs.
I’ve been in those cheap high street nail places before, not for several years as I tend to do my own nails now (when I can be bothered) but will definitely give them a definite swerve from now on.

Reactions: 5
I’ve been in those cheap high street nail places before, not for several years as I tend to do my own nails now (when I can be bothered) but will definitely give them a definite swerve from now on.
I went in one once and the atmosphere made me uncomfortable - the women didn’t speak and were just like robots doing nails. Plus they used electric buffers and tore my nails to shreds! I would never use a place like that now.

Reactions: 8
I dislike people who say "I can't trust anyone that's sweet and nice all the time. It's not normal." That just means you are cynical and unpleasant, so I won't want to spend time with you

(I am certainly not sweet and nice all the time, I have a horrible temper but at least I acknowledge it's a failing; I don't hold with the idea that "flaws are REALISTIC and give us CHARACTER!!" Maybe little things like forgetting your keys or making horrible coffee but not personal issues that you should work on - being late, inconsiderate or in my case losing my temper)

Reactions: 17
The nail bar I go to is owned by a Vietnamese lady. She married a local who sadly died and she has a grown up daughter who is away to uni just now but used to do shifts (not doing nails other than soak offs). She employs mainly Vietnamese men who look to be around the age of 30. My favourite, who does a fabulous job of my nails, goes home every year, pre pandemic, on holiday and I see him out and about in town. The materials they use are expensive good quality ones. The shop is pristine.

I’m as convinced as I can be there aren’t any slaves working there.

It’s also round the corner from the police station.

Reactions: 14
I don't want to #bekind

I want to be a witch, sometimes
I ALL CAPS APPRECIATE THE HONESTY AND AGREE!!! 🤣🤣

you know what. Sometimes. I enjoy pretending Twitter bullcrappery doesn’t exist, pretending normal humans are still out there amongst us with their balls intact and stuff 😏
We’ve become a generation that carry around a mental health *look what hap Caroline Flack* branded sympathy pass, regardless of the fact you probably have duck all wrong with you mental health wise, and you’re just a snowflake, you can whip that out at any time and tell the world you’ll top yourself if they say they don’t like you hair/top/child’s face.

your child is ugly, suck it up and move on. It’s a gremlin,
Excellent film, but unfortunate looking child.

Anyway, I can’t with the book 🤣🤣
They make her look like a woman going through menopause while her husband is shagging the nanny in every damn photo 😂😂

4A04C572-421A-4E8F-BA08-4256ED2BF7A1.jpeg
FCBAB9DB-0968-41F1-BCEA-ECB68D48EDC8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.