Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ALL CAPS APPRECIATE THE HONESTY AND AGREE!!! 🤣🤣

you know what. Sometimes. I enjoy pretending Twitter bullcrappery doesn’t exist, pretending normal humans are still out there amongst us with their balls intact and stuff 😏
We’ve become a generation that carry around a mental health *look what hap Caroline Flack* branded sympathy pass, regardless of the fact you probably have duck all wrong with you mental health wise, and you’re just a snowflake, you can whip that out at any time and tell the world you’ll top yourself if they say they don’t like you hair/top/child’s face.

your child is ugly, suck it up and move on. It’s a gremlin,
Excellent film, but unfortunate looking child.
Knew my main witch would agree

You hold a special place in my heart @Oohthedrama because you make me laugh and call me out on my bs. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Knew my main witch would agree

You hold a special place in my heart @Oohthedrama because you make me laugh and call me out on my bs. ❤
dragging around Carol Flacks coffin with that soap box can be left in 2021 in my opinion 😐
Accept that as humans we don’t need to be wrapped in cotton wool and protected from verbal boo boos 😢 at the grown ass age of 30

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I had no idea who Flack was until she died.

The Be Kind stuff was aimed at women, nice bit of stealth misogyny.

Reactions: 32
The nail bar I go to is owned by a Vietnamese lady. She married a local who sadly died and she has a grown up daughter who is away to uni just now but used to do shifts (not doing nails other than soak offs). She employs mainly Vietnamese men who look to be around the age of 30. My favourite, who does a fabulous job of my nails, goes home every year, pre pandemic, on holiday and I see him out and about in town. The materials they use are expensive good quality ones. The shop is pristine.

I’m as convinced as I can be there aren’t any slaves working there.

It’s also round the corner from the police station.
Mine is similar. All Vietnamese but all appear to be married and live locally with kids at local school etc etc who go home to visit regularly. Some of the younger one where obviously born here and just help out while at college and Uni.

Reactions: 5
As I've got older, I get more anti - whatever. I'm stuck in my ways and I don't fecking care & so bollox to PC- Ness, woke - Ness and people screeching at me about saving the planet.

I like my car
I like my gas central heating
I like my holiday once every two years
I like sandwiches in cellophane wrappers
I like grilling bacon for sandwiches

I'll be dead in 25 yrs time, so duck them 😀😀
👏👏👏 me too 😀😀😀

And can I please add

I like a plastic straw with my diet coke!!!

I work with older people and have been taking LFT tests daily for months. I look at the amount of plastic used and think it's funny how we're not bothered about plastic in the oceans now!!!

• Heart

Plus you didn't have to scroll back far to find the people using the hashtag #BeKind often had some tweets that were anything but.

We all like a witch now and then. As long as it's not abusive, then it's fine and cathartic.

Reactions: 13

Yeah I’ve never heard or seen a man say the phrase ‘be kind’ and I’ve never seen anyone tell a man to be kind either. It’s always aimed at women.

No one is kind and nice all the time. We all have our moments.

Reactions: 17
Quinoa tastes like sand ans meat free alternatives never compare to the real thing.

Sick of this being aggressively pushed on us. If I want to eat a steak I will.

I think most people probably do try and recycle and be mindful but why should we pay the price for all the other countries that don't give a tit?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I reckon there will be a big push back against the promotion of plant based diets sooner rather than later. There's already a TV ad on promoting meat and dairy.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I just checked up on my old friend who I currently don't speak to:

"If you have thought to yourself at any point over the past 24 hours that #InsulateBritain supporters deserve to be locked up rather than given medals, for example, then you are a TRAITOR to this country and to the vulnerable people who will die this winter from the cold, as well as future generations who will barely have a chance to live.

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!
duck this FASCIST government! "

Even his mother commented: :ROFLMAO:

1641670058035.png

1641670534400.png

1641670827253.png

Eat and believe what you want to believe, just don't expect others to act and think the way you do. 🎃

I like quinoa and I can't find it in my local aldi anymore. Same with couscous. 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Smoking DOES look cool AND sexy. The only reason I haven't taken it up myself is because it's flipping expensive 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I hate when you are on a thread and someone pops up and tries to ban a particular topic because they don’t like it/they can identify with the situation and project onto it/say it’s triggering to them. Seriously.. We can’t tip toe incase people are offended.

I think it’s selfish to try to control it because they don’t like it. Scroll past or click off.

• Heart
I like cats and dogs. I grew up with cats and dogs but I’ve noticed when someone on social media says they don’t like them or they’re just not an animal person, there will always be some cat lover or dog owner who will reply with a rant about why animals are better than humans 😴 and take it really personally that not everyone is cat/dog obsessed like they are and start personally attacking them.

I find it really childish when people get upset at others for not liking the same things as them.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I like cats and dogs. I grew up with cats and dogs but I’ve noticed when someone on social media says they don’t like them or they’re just not an animal person, there will always be some cat lover or dog owner who will reply with a rant about why animals are better than humans 😴 and take it really personally that not everyone is cat/dog obsessed like they are and start personally attacking them.

I find it really childish when people get upset at others for not liking the same things as them.
I heard two people talking about another girl who didn't like children. So? She wasn't the child catcher and locking them in cages.

Reactions: 8
Another from me (on a roll tonight) people who take out lians/debts then claim they have bern missold...... no you weren't!

You asked to borrowing amount, told how much to pay back and when and how long for.

Its just a cop out!

I dont like paying my car or mortgage and I don't read every bit of small print but I wasn't missold anything.

My cousin must have used every pay day lender, cheque shop etc to fund a lifestyle she cant afford then moans its not her fault ... eh yes it is your fault 😂

Reactions: 10
I hate when you are on a thread and someone pops up and tries to ban a particular topic because they don’t like it/they can identify with the situation and project onto it/say it’s triggering to them. Seriously.. We can’t tip toe incase people are offended.

I think it’s selfish to try to control it because they don’t like it. Scroll past or click off.
If something is triggering then keep the hell away from it.

I’ve been in those cheap high street nail places before, not for several years as I tend to do my own nails now (when I can be bothered) but will definitely give them a definite swerve from now on.
When they first started popping up I don't think anyone knew what they were. Just cheap and easy place to get your nails done.
But then the police started cracking down and it all came out that they are massive criminal enterprises. A bit like the eatern European car washes. I used those loads before it came out they were all slaves.

One in a local town was growing cannabis in local properties and using the nail bar as a means to buy all the chemicals and lights without raising suspicion. Then laundering the drug money through the nail bar. Plus the workers of the nail bar were slaves and being pimped out. Pretty much all the nail bars went after that - but now they suddenly have loads of Turkish barbers.

They do say that one criminal gang gets taken down and another one is just waiting to take their place.

• Wow
Quinoa tastes like sand ans meat free alternatives never compare to the real thing.

Sick of this being aggressively pushed on us. If I want to eat a steak I will.

I think most people probably do try and recycle and be mindful but why should we pay the price for all the other countries that don't give a tit?
Been a veggie half my life and hearing the eco nuts makes me want to get back on the meat wagon just to piss them off 😂 😂
I'm glad more people are eating less meat but hate the way it's been shoved at people.

Reactions: 11
Hate when people plead poverty then get an extension built and a new car 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hate when people plead poverty then get an extension built and a new car 🙄
I know someone like this. Is moaning she can only have 6 months maternity because she can't afford to be off longer but is building send extension and got a new car last month.

How about keep the house the size it is (it's plenty big enough and they only bought it last year!!!) and spend more time off with your kid??

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.