Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gal Gadot can not act! When she is speaking in a film it sounds like she is reading the lines for the first time. She also always has the same expression for everything. If she’s angry - blank face, if sad - blank face, if happy - blank face but with a little smirk.

Whoever she banged to get her roles must really like her because she is genuinely the worst actress in mainstream media.
She is so beautiful. Like, its actually not fair that people can be so beautiful and regular folk like me look like a turnip.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She is so beautiful. Like, its actually not fair that people can be so beautiful and regular folk like me look like a turnip.
See to me she is meh, nothing about her that would make me say wow. she is attractive but not standout beauty

Reactions: 3
See to me she is meh, nothing about her that would make me say wow. she is attractive but not standout beauty
This is how I feel about Margot Robbie, like she’s pretty don’t get me wrong but she kind of reminds me of a blonde frog. Also several actresses look like her or she looks like them.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What’s the point in earning and having money if you’re not going to spend it?
For me it would be because it offers you choice and financial freedom. My father has worked one day a week for the past 8 or 9 years now. My father occasionally does extra days if he wants to if he’s asked but doesn’t need to. He can choose in the morning to spend the whole day watching movies or in Hyde park.

I want to eventually buy my own home so am saving up for that mainly.

Reactions: 6
This is how I feel about Margot Robbie, like she’s pretty don’t get me wrong but she kind of reminds me of a blonde frog. Also several actresses look like her or she looks like them.
They make her in the Hollywood clone factory. They gave her the Aus accent to throw you off the sent. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wish I could go through a minimalist phase. I am a spendthrift and have never been able to change 😞
Start small grow tall.

I started with just a one week no spending on clothes. I had so many hung up my rail actually broke. From there I went to no other areas like no new make up and books only from the library. I still buy things if I need them but my attitude to spending has changed. I used to spend the most on new lipsticks every month because it meant that I had something to look forward to, but it was never enough. That feeling would settle for a while then creep up again.

The first thing would just be becoming aware of your spending. Start writing a list of all of your daily spends in a notebook.

Reactions: 7
For me it would be because it offers you choice and financial freedom. My father has worked one day a week for the past 8 or 9 years now. My father occasionally does extra days if he wants to if he’s asked but doesn’t need to. He can choose in the morning to spend the whole day watching movies or in Hyde park.

I want to eventually buy my own home so am saving up for that mainly.
Financial freedom! My dream is to be able to pay off my mortgage early but also buy a little house to rent out so I can gift my children a business.

The way the world is going I would hate for them to struggle the way I had to so having a business to pass on and the house when I die benefits them and their children.

I dont have a high flying career just a normal office job so for me I'm happy to save where I can so we have extra money for luxuries 😊

I want your dad's work life when I'm older lol

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
People’s who hardships become their personality are such Bores.

Everyone has struggles, yours shouldn’t define you and honestly people probably don’t really give a lot of shits about your life because they are dealing with their own crap. i’m sad if my friends/family are having tough times, but it doesn’t consume my every waking moment, unless its somone super close like my mum/sister

Have a friend on insta who just had a baby via IVF- now she thinks she is some kind of IVF guru and constantly posting about it, and keeps calling herself IVF warrior 🤢 She used to be funny and intelligent and now her personality is IVF mum

get a personality

Reactions: 29
i hate it when you look up something like how to make candles or how to make a lasagna and you’re met with an autobiography from the author.

“When i was a child growing up in X town, my grandma Jean would make Y for me. She was a kind woman born in 1904 and blah blah blah blah blah”

No one cares- just tell me what to do before I whack it in at 200c like I do with everything else
I agree with this and if it's an American writing it, they will very often be someone trading on a very remote claim of X ancestry e.g. "here's soda bread that has been passed down through my Irish family for generations." Your great-great-great grandfather moved here from Ireland like 150 years ago. You have never lived in Ireland, you know zero about Ireland ...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I agree with this and if it's an American writing it, they will very often be someone trading on a very remote claim of X ancestry e.g. "here's soda bread that has been passed down through my Irish family for generations." Your great-great-great grandfather moved here from Ireland like 150 years ago. You have never lived in Ireland, you know zero about Ireland ...
Why do Americans always have to go on about being quarter this and decended from that? Your family moved from Germany to America 100 years ago and your great great grandmother was part Chinese please stop with the ancestry.

Seems odd to me maybe as in UK we don't do this. I'm scottish my great grandparents both sides where Irish, I am not part Irish 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I did a vineyard tour in Italy last year which included a big group lunch and was sat next to a couple from the US. The husband commented on how his wife had "roots" in Ireland after we said we were from there. She didn't have a clue which part of Ireland her family were even from (if they were at all...) just that she was "definitely Irish!" Its so American, I feel like people from Europe do this far less, even when they do have more complex ancestry i.e. if your grandparents are from and live in Norway people say "Oh my grandparents are Norwegian" less so "I'm Norwegian"

Reactions: 12
Financial freedom! My dream is to be able to pay off my mortgage early but also buy a little house to rent out so I can gift my children a business.

The way the world is going I would hate for them to struggle the way I had to so having a business to pass on and the house when I die benefits them and their children.

I dont have a high flying career just a normal office job so for me I'm happy to save where I can so we have extra money for luxuries 😊

I want your dad's work life when I'm older lol
Definitely possible. There's a youtube channel i like called stupid is the norm where he talks about buying property to let out.

Also the humble penny channel is pretty good if you want to learn the basics of investing.

Reactions: 2
American: Oh, you're from Ireland?
Irish: Yeah, Dublin.
American: Do you know the O'Brien's in your part of town?
Irish: No don't think I've heard of them
American: Ohhhhh big name over there the O'Brien's. A lot of influence. You see my great great great great great Grandmother came over from there and boy did she leave a legacy. I feel a connection with Ireland you could provably never imagine because of my Grandmother.
Irish: Oh okay, cool.
American: Are you sure you've never heard of the O'Brien's?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Why do Americans always have to go on about being quarter this and decended from that? Your family moved from Germany to America 100 years ago and your great great grandmother was part Chinese please stop with the ancestry.

Seems odd to me maybe as in UK we don't do this. I'm scottish my great grandparents both sides where Irish, I am not part Irish 😂
Yeah I have 3 Irish grandparents but my parents and me and my brother were born in England. I wouldn’t mention it unless it comes up in conversation 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I see it on Tiktok a lot Americans saying they’re Scottish but they seem to think Scotland is like in the 1800s 🤣. Same with Italian…like why don’t they want to be called American, I don’t get it

Like I get an ancestry test can be fun but don’t make it your identity. If I came back as 3.5% French, i would just think “oh cool” I wouldn’t start telling evrey one I was french

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My dads side of the family has polish ancestry who were Jewish and converted to Catholicism. I don’t call myself Rachel Cohen whilst humming hava nagila to myself whilst cooking my kosher meal.

Unless you’ve got a direct link to the country like a parent, then you can’t be from that country nor do you have any connection 😂

Reactions: 10
Yeah I have 3 Irish grandparents but my parents and me and my brother were born in England. I wouldn’t mention it unless it comes up in conversation 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I see it on Tiktok a lot Americans saying they’re Scottish but they seem to think Scotland is like in the 1800s 🤣. Same with Italian…like why don’t they want to be called American, I don’t get it

Like I get an ancestry test can be fun but don’t make it your identity. If I came back as 3.5% French, i would just think “oh cool” I wouldn’t start telling evrey one I was french
They love jumping on Scotland and Ireland for some reason lol they think it's like braveheart here 🤣

Its madness everyone after my great grandparents was born in Scotland if I started saying I was 1/4 Irish my family would slap some sense into me lol.

I'm away to iron my kilt now 🤣

My dads side of the family has polish ancestry who were Jewish and converted to Catholicism. I don’t call myself Rachel Cohen whilst humming hava nagila to myself whilst cooking my kosher meal.

Unless you’ve got a direct link to the country like a parent, then you can’t be from that country nor do you have any connection 😂
Exactly I think if your parents have been direct immigrants I can understand and more so if you still have family that you speak to or visit in their home country.

Grandparents and those before them don't count 🤣

How's your kosher cooking lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My great gran father deserted the army in the First World War and lived a life in scary obscurity. The reason I think Europeans don’t go on about their ancestry is because it’s much longer and there are many things in it not to be proud of. It seems to me that a lot of Americans are oblivious to historical wrong doing

Reactions: 5
Just catching up on the new thread, I missed the penny pinching convo but here is my bit.

I am a penny pincher 😂 but I do not inflict my penny pinching on anyone else, for example I work from home and keep the heating off for the majority of the day unless it's particularly cold but when my boyfriend comes home the heating goes on.

When it comes to splitting the bill, I'll split evenly. If the group wants to split, I'll split but also happy if people want to add up what they got.

I do the shopping in our house, first we test the cheaper brands and if they are OK then we will buy cheap but if my boyfriend wants a particular brand we get the brand.

I also don't cheap out on presents.
I can afford to have the heating on all day if I want but I choose not to, one time I started turning appliances off from the wall/unplugging them to save on the electricity bill but it didn't make much of a difference so I don't bother.

Some poster mentioned about watching the penny's add up in the bank account, that is me 🤣 I just like watching my balance grow. I am saving for a house deposit and we go on holidays every year so I'd rather save for those then spend my money on 4euro coffees.

I cringe when people are tight with money in a ridiculous way. For example, a friend of mine was offered a drink on a night out by a colleague. So the colleague paid for their drinks. The next day the colleague asked my friend for the price of the pint back (it was like 5.40e or something 🤣)
HAVE YOU NO SHAME 😆

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.