Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I should have put a bet on Jade bringing out a book eventually 😂

Bet Eve Bennet is next.

Reactions: 12
No, it is not. My brother goes to oxford and is part of two sports teams and regularly goes on nights out. You can criticize Jade without getting all pretentious about life at oxford.
And you can disagree with someone’s experience of an institution without calling them pretentious and thinking your limited understanding of Oxford through your brother is any kind of indication of what life is like here. I don’t think I’m better than anyone for being at Oxford and frankly if I could go back I certainly wouldn’t come here again. Please keep your personal attacks to yourself, thanks.

Anyway it was more a figure of speech but yeah, that is largely what it’s like if you actually want to do well. The environment can be very toxic and you don’t have time for much else unless you’re massively sacrificing your grades. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Certainly not enough to write a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ah yes. Writing a book on studying when Jade seems to have breakdowns and overworks every second she can. Can’t wait to see the advice she lays out- she could maybe even do with reading it herself!!!

Reactions: 26
Jade come on, please tell us what magical information you’ve got as middle class white female who went to a good school knows about GCSEs….. honestly these influencers need to just be called out for the scammers they are

• Angry
Reactions: 38
her capitalising off of people struggling to revise rubs me the wrong way. what people need to buy is revision guides, not this. she’s no more qualified than any other person in the UK to write this. and £15 for a paperback written by a non professional is ridiculous, she is really exploiting people tor her own monetary gain

Reactions: 38
I think another layer of 'bad' that hasn't been discussed yet about this 'book' (if you can even really call it that) is the fact that Jade is completely disconnected from the experience of doing exams/graduating from school/applying to unis was like during Covid-19. As someone who actually is/did go through that, it makes her 'advice' feel all the more belittling and condescending tbh.

Reactions: 35
"I’m no expert and definitely don’t have a PhD in Exam Etiquette"

Does anyone? Isn't that just making sure you arrive on time, bring a pen and double check that your phone is switched off?

Reactions: 32
I just really really hope her young fans don’t fall for this crap. £15 is a lot to spend on something like that, when you can literally get advice from your teachers or google ways to revise.

Reactions: 24
Also though, they approached her and proposed the idea? Now, I have no idea about publishing but surely that's not the norm? It just sounds like they thought she'd be a good target because of her following, just like the research paper
It isn't for "normal" writers but it is the norm within youtuber/influencer/celebrity publishing sadly

Reactions: 6
"I’m no expert and definitely don’t have a PhD in Exam Etiquette"

Does anyone? Isn't that just making sure you arrive on time, bring a pen and double check that your phone is switched off?
And no watches anymore! Not even just the regular kind!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I hate how she says that she has unacademic parents and no older sibling so felt like she was uniformed. Many, many people are first generation university students/oldest children/only children and they cope just fine at university and they don’t feel compelled to write a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
OK, so I stopped Jade when she started at Minerva as she got way too annoying, but I just had her latest video come up as a recommended from Ruby Granger, what the hell's going on!?

Reactions: 5
"I don't have a PHD in study methods why does my voice matter why should people take my advice" jade you hit the nail on the head in the first minute of your video

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Anyway it was more a figure of speech but yeah, that is largely what it’s like if you actually want to do well.
You're a fresher, you haven't even got your first year grade yet, don't think you can say that you need to do that to do well. Yes Jade is being ridiculous hyping up Minerva's workload but so are you with hyping up Oxford's workload.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
"The only study guide you'll ever need"
Way to throw Jack Edwards's "Uni-verse" under the bus there Jade, as well as any future studytuber books..

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
And you can disagree with someone’s experience of an institution without calling them pretentious and thinking your limited understanding of Oxford through your brother is any kind of indication of what life is like here. I don’t think I’m better than anyone for being at Oxford and frankly if I could go back I certainly wouldn’t come here again. Please keep your personal attacks to yourself, thanks.

Anyway it was more a figure of speech but yeah, that is largely what it’s like if you actually want to do well. The environment can be very toxic and you don’t have time for much else unless you’re massively sacrificing your grades. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Certainly not enough to write a book.
I reckon this goes for a lot of “hard” degrees too. Your medicine, law, physics and maths students (plus more) probably have a lot of work and can’t afford to be doing a lot of extra activities without the risk of falling behind

even generally speaking uni is meant to be a “full time” thing and a lot of it is being expected to work 8 hours a day. Plus some unis have a “recommended” time for part time work which, at my university at least, can be as little as 8 hours a week

Reactions: 17
ok I'm definitely done with Jade
the only study gahhhide you'll ever need...

how pretentious!

will she private her study videos now?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
New video; jade you're feeling imposter syndrome and feeling not worthy enough because you're not. You are not a pedagogy expert by any means. Completely unqualified.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.