Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remind you of anyone?
B060A3D8-CE9F-4FAA-83B0-FBBF3E0A1BC9.jpeg

I feel like Jade has only talked about this issue at surface level and only because she feels obligated to

Reactions: 30
Remind you of anyone?
View attachment 574674
I feel like Jade has only talked about this issue at surface level and only because she feels obligated to
I was just about to come on here to post this - when I saw it I immediately thought he was talking about Jade. She's the only studytuber I know who is coming out with a 'product' right now.

And a study guide... give me strength. I'll take study tips from someone who knows that you shouldn't cite Wikipedia as a source instead, thanks.

Reactions: 22
I mean he's not wrong if it's targeted at Jade considering she went 'BUY MY BOOK oh and here's what's happening in Palestine idk'

Reactions: 26
I was just about to come on here to post this - when I saw it I immediately thought he was talking about Jade. She's the only studytuber I know who is coming out with a 'product' right now.

And a study guide... give me strength. I'll take study tips from someone who knows that you shouldn't cite Wikipedia as a source instead, thanks.
I still can't get over the wikipedia citation... like I get going to wikipedia for a general gist of the topic, and then doing actual research, but something like this wouldn't be acceptable in most school past grade 6-7 (at least not in my experience). Also really speaks to the quality of the education if she's still doing work like this after 2 years.

Reactions: 15
Remind you of anyone?
View attachment 574674
Usually I can’t fw anyone who criticises influencers for not posting about issues like that, bc it’s their account at the end of the day, they can do what they want. However, what he said is so fair about people like Jade who have built their brand off pretending to care about such issues and be woke, it’s pretty disgusting how performative her activism has been lol

Reactions: 38
if she's not gurning on the cover I'm gonna riot
I am hoping it is your profile pic :LOL:

I still can't get over the wikipedia citation... like I get going to wikipedia for a general gist of the topic, and then doing actual research, but something like this wouldn't be acceptable in most school past grade 6-7 (at least not in my experience). Also really speaks to the quality of the education if she's still doing work like this after 2 years.
when I did my undergrad I used wikipedia but used the citations at the bottom of the wikipedia :LOL:, I cannot imagine citing wikipedia itself!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
from following ibzmo for a while, he’s very much all about access and education and free resources, so I get there impression he would be very against a “study tip book” costing 15 quid considering that a lot of money for low income students who don’t have that much money.

Alongside the whole Palestine thing atm it’s very poor timing to try and shill an overpriced study book - what could she possibly include in there that people can’t access for free through YouTube videos and online study guides?

Reactions: 32
from following ibzmo for a while, he’s very much all about access and education and free resources, so I get there impression he would be very against a “study tip book” costing 15 quid considering that a lot of money for low income students who don’t have that much money.

Alongside the whole Palestine thing atm it’s very poor timing to try and shill an overpriced study book - what could she possibly include in there that people can’t access for free through YouTube videos and online study guides?
exactly, and precisely from her own free youtube videos! harldy like she will have learned more about gcse's or alevels years after taking them

Reactions: 10
Remind you of anyone?
View attachment 574674
Don't know if I agree with Ibz tbh, there's always horrible sh*t going on in the world and its only a few issues that have gone mainstream where you have to talk about them or share an instagram graphic otherwise you're a Bad Person.

Don't agree with Jades stupid book (£15?! You joking?!) but in general I don't think you should expect people to pause their business ventures because of one world issue, or have to talk about one particular issue. Eg Ibz was selling 'bring them your seasoning' mugs while the Uighur genocide was happening in China, and there were over 40 million modern day slaves around the world, doesn't mean he thinks any of these things are right.

Reactions: 31
Don't know if I agree with Ibz tbh, there's always horrible sh*t going on in the world and its only a few issues that have gone mainstream where you have to talk about them or share an instagram graphic otherwise you're a Bad Person.

Don't agree with Jades stupid book (£15?! You joking?!) but in general I don't think you should expect people to pause their business ventures because of one world issue, or have to talk about one particular issue. Eg Ibz was selling 'bring them your seasoning' mugs while the Uighur genocide was happening in China, and there were over 40 million modern day slaves around the world, doesn't mean he thinks any of these things are right.
I think generally it's a win/lose situation for a lot of influencers when it comes to mainstream news/human right abuses

They don't say anything because they have no interest in it and people assume that they don't care/support the abuses going on

They do say something and people think that they shouldn't have said anything because the influencers don't care

Though honestly I'd much rather if these people just linked their followers to news that cover it well (balanced view), or journalists/activists that are actually on the ground. There's also a lot of charities and even a Jewish organisation/society that have been talking about it in a balanced way too

Reactions: 13
Just read about the girl who is transferring from BROWN to Minerva. I'm sorry what? You're going from a top tier Ivy that can open doors for you anywhere to Minerva, a place that teaches you how to study (which she already knows seeing as she got into Brown) and leaves out actual factual knowledge? I'm shocked. How are people even find Minerva and think it's a great idea? Of course, there are people for whom the program works such as rich kids with the need to just do some BA/BSc degree as a checkbox tick or people doing it for the experience with another degree in the bag but for a student from Brown or NYU from the other video, no. Just no.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I think generally it's a win/lose situation for a lot of influencers when it comes to mainstream news/human right abuses

They don't say anything because they have no interest in it and people assume that they don't care/support the abuses going on

They do say something and people think that they shouldn't have said anything because the influencers don't care

Though honestly I'd much rather if these people just linked their followers to news that cover it well (balanced view), or journalists/activists that are actually on the ground. There's also a lot of charities and even a Jewish organisation/society that have been talking about it in a balanced way too
Personally, I prefer it when influencers do not talk about these topics at all. Influencers are walking advertisements in the end and nothing more. I never purchase anything promoted by them, and I usually watch them if they have something valuable to offer (which is why I barely follow any), but otherwise, they are nothing more than a walking advertisement to me. If I want to get educated about a topic/current issue, I look for actual news sources or books written by experts, not some random youtuber who got rich off of privileged 12 year olds. What does Jade or Ibz know about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict or the genocide in China? Absolutely nothing at all. I'd rather read a book than listen to them.

Reactions: 15
Personally, I prefer it when influencers do not talk about these topics at all. Influencers are walking advertisements in the end and nothing more. I never purchase anything promoted by them, and I usually watch them if they have something valuable to offer (which is why I barely follow any), but otherwise, they are nothing more than a walking advertisement to me. If I want to get educated about a topic/current issue, I look for actual news sources or books written by experts, not some random youtuber who got rich off of privileged 12 year olds. What does Jade or Ibz know about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict or the genocide in China? Absolutely nothing at all. I'd rather read a book than listen to them.
A part of me agrees but I definitely think that if they at least linked people to reliable sources it wouldn't hurt. These infographic things they post on IG are usually too brief to know the basics and sometimes misinformed (I think someone here on an earlier thread discussed the stuff going on with France and Muslims and how something Jade had posted completely missed that information), plus it gets younger people engaged with the news at least a bit more which is always good

At the end of the day, I honestly don't think we're the audience for a lot of influencers any more anyway - possibly age wise and the fact that we're probably a lot more critical of anything they post

Reactions: 7

I agree I don’t think everything should pause for every world issue, nor should it be expected for them to talk about it, but for someone who prides themselves on being so “woke” it seems she does the bare minimum to keep up appearances.

Reactions: 14
Minerva maybe doesn't have any Palestinians or Israelis she could talk about these issues with so she simply doesn't care as it's not an opportunity to show off how cool and international her friends are.

Reactions: 7
Honestly I've been so conflicted about this forever because on the one hand, even if it is only little information, at least influencers are getting the word out and might prompt their followers into doing further research. They have a large audience and a lot of that audience is sadly easily influenced by what their faves do and think. On the other hand, an instagram post - especially from an influencer - is nothing but performative. Doubly so, if it becomes expected of influencers to post about stuff because then it'll almost be a precaution for not getting cancelled rather than actually trying to spread information.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.