Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

beaki167

why does she think she sounds dutch when speaking german 😭😭😭 that‘s the only tragic thing about it. i don‘t mind her beginner mistakes and accent but why does she think her dutch identity revolves around everything

• Haha
Reactions: 33

rennys

She is always talking about stuff she sells like we should all be excited about them, on the edge of our seats, ready to spend our hard earned money on her crap. The countdown being the most embarrassing example of all. It's so narcissistic, but I'm convinced it's some sort of marketing technique either her management or her dad taught her. Giving the impression that there is a lot of hype around her.
Also, once again, she looks crazy/manic in that video. Tone it down, Jade, your MLM genes are showing.

Also, can we call her out on Instagram about deleting her "apology" (if anyone could call it that) video? Once again showing how insincere and fake she is about her statements.

• Haha

mooncat

the comments on her latest tiktok are ... enlightening
oh my god i swear 50% of this was you guys, or did her minions actually grow up? also cancel culture? for basically calling herself the worlds 3rd bestest mind or whatever you'd actually think she knows better

mtess21

DAY 1 MEDITATION 💫🥴
First video:
Second Video:
The second video is ACCESSIBLE FOR FREE ON YOUTUBE...
DAY 1 Journaling 💐😑
What is one behaviour or pattern that you'd like to change to be the best version of yourself? If there was one new habit you could implement in your life, what would it be? If there was one habit you could remove, what would it be? How can you use the next 14 days to make this a reality?

• Haha
  • Sick

fwooper

VIP Member
Her use of the word "violence" is really... not okay in this context. The only time I've heard the world violence being used for online hate is when someone is being subjected to racist/sexist/homophobic abuse, or if the hate itself is violent (e.g. death threats). Being criticised for wantonly travelling during a pandemic really does not fit into 'violent' online hate.

We have proof she lied about the date she went to Switzerland, and her claim that she quarantined with her all her flat mates was proven to be a lie too, wasn't it? Not sure what she is referring to re: extrapolating rumours when there's actual screenshots. Her decision to stop talking about Switzerland is probably because people were pointing out she was still lying.

missmina

VIP Member
Honestly can’t wait to see the day when she drop this crap and has a personality transplant, she’s so horrible it’s insane
Yes please. She's insufferable.
Besides most probably Folkert is more intelligent than her. The biggest giveaway is that he's not flaunting it everywhere on social media.

924692D4-7B61-4B67-BB48-AFFB026641B4.jpeg

And then the guy looked at the title and thought „what a dumb kid lol”.

• Haha

xaannaa

Also Jade: laughs as she talks about people dying from climate change (12:50)
She ALWAYS does that, like why does she laugh at everything? Can she not see how that isn't appropriate? I know some people do that as a coping mechanism when something is sad but she can edit this, why does she not realize how weird it looks while editing?

I also hate how when she said "if your thoughts are troublesome [...], listen to a podcast [...] you're the main character" wow Jade, thank you for curing my depression, I've NEVER thought of that!!!

Also, it annoyed me how she called the video "study with me" when it wasn't a study with me video? That might be me being pedantic because obviously she can call it whatever she wants, but still

• Sick
Reactions: 32
View attachment 599007
first of all, i think it's a cute story and i don't want to be disrespectful and speculate about her sexuality. i just wish she could posr something useful as an ally during pride month
ngl some studytubers really annoy me over stuff like this. Like when eve bennet went to the only gay club in Oxford and got really excited because it was a *gay club*. And "omg, there's the gay flag". Like, we're not here for your tourist trip, go away to one of the many, many straight clubs you have.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
they described what my whole year at university in remote felt like ahah
She did a module about social change and slacktivism?????? What the fuck is this bullshit degree? Minerva is literally just a uni for influencers.
Also I hate how much she invades peoples personal space, like she fully drapes her entire body over other people smh

tuneyloon

I know I'm a bit late but that "advice for student writers" video is SO wishy-washy. I am a creative writing undergrad student, I will be working on a novel next year (*sans fancy publishing deal*) and graduating if all goes well. But I just thought I'd share some thoughts, ignore if they've been shared already.

First of all, if this is directed at student writers, they already 100% know all of these things because they are the textbook "tips". I know for a fact that she got a couple of these from online listicles (the "don't tell anyone you're writing a book bc you'll feel like you've already done it", "keep your writing space sacred", yada yada yada). These are the questions that Stephen King answers 1000 times over any time he does a public q&a. At first, I had some hope that Jade would be going into detail about her unique experience writing a non-fiction/self-help book. Yes, I believe that's what is known as "being a fool".

The only good tip on this list is the accountability one but even then, she has an EDITOR!! Whose JOB it is to help work on the project. A lot of students will only have a friend or classmate who has their own life to live and their own goals to worry about so they can't be on 24/7 for you.

1. It's not a relatable video in the least. She has a publishing deal. she has an insane fanbase. she MUST KNOW that she's going to sell a shit ton of copies. For christ's sake, her FIRST book is hitting bookstores and national bestseller lists. Most student writers will publish a shitty poem in a literary magazine that 7 people read, and that's hard enough. Can you spell 'out of touch'?
2. It's skin-deep. "have a routine" but she doesn't really explain why it works... is it because you're in a *cute* cafe?
3. "You're afraid of writing? Then stop being afraid!" Ok for real, I saw that she did share journaling as a tip but this could be a lot better if it were tailored to students. ie. get in touch with someone at your school from the writing department for a chat, or join a school writing group, etc. Unfortunately, the title is deceiving. It's a video for influencers.
4. "It's 'secretly productive' to watch videos of experts but you're just procrastinating" ... *skillshare ad*

It's kind of confusing to me that she's anti-hustling but harps on about "showing up" to write. I don't necessarily disagree with that tip but... I dunno. It's a bit mismatched. It would have been interesting for her to go into the details about publishing and working with editors and designing the product, etc. etc. but nope. It's a shame, this doesn't really give any unique insight whatsoever.

• Heart

quartzen

from following ibzmo for a while, he’s very much all about access and education and free resources, so I get there impression he would be very against a “study tip book” costing 15 quid considering that a lot of money for low income students who don’t have that much money.

Alongside the whole Palestine thing atm it’s very poor timing to try and shill an overpriced study book - what could she possibly include in there that people can’t access for free through YouTube videos and online study guides?

ECH

VIP Member
Germany has banned UK travellers from entering the country. Was Jade planning on going home before she has her semester in Berlin? Although I suppose she might technically have residence rights if she has her student visa for Germany sorted. If she is allowed and is travelling from the UK to Germany she'll face another 2 week quarantine.

I just think if you have to jump through all these hoops to get the 'global experience' you selfishly want, maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be doing it and perhaps you should stay the hell home.
She's probably not going home, she cares more about appearing cool and international than she does about her family. Plus, if she doesn't go home, it means she has another opportunity to post a picture of her mum crying to get sympathy points.

nissigossips

I mean... she really did not kill people 😬😬 she should have stayed put as an act of solidarity, responsibility, and ultimately humulity - but she quarantined, wore a mask, and does not seem to have caught (and also not spread) covid.
How long into the pandemic do we.have to get before people realize that you can catch and spread covid without showing symptoms, so you have no idea if shes had it?! Also she did not quarantine at all when she went from Germany miles into Switzerland and back again (even though she legally should have).

scoobie

VIP Member
Traveling to SK straight from Germany ws actually the one sensible choice Jade made in my opinion...
She didn’t actually make this choice - it was made for her.

Her flight back to the UK was cancelled at the last minute because of the rapidly worsening Covid situation so she was forced to spend Christmas in Germany and travel straight to SK.

She deliberately went quiet at this point about who she was with, possibly because she was mixing with Niklas again. That’s when she posted the photo of her mum crying as nobody was showing much sympathy for the mess she’d got herself in.

emm

VIP Member
I dont think we should be critical about her wanting to become fluent. it's basic respect to attempt to use the language of the country that you're in, and to rely on everyone speaking english is quite a colonialist mindset. but the fact is she wont be fluent unless she keeps german up for years, this isnt something that will happen over the summer
I agree people should learn the language of where they are living and this is one of the fundamental problems of the minerva model, moving around so much, with no language classes offered there is not really a way to do so in any real sense. What annoys me is her narcisstic, arrogant attitude of being able to become fluent in a very difficult language within months

• Heart