Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

July9696

Chatty Member
she just posted on her story she's sending good energy to brighten up a 'heavy online world' does she not grasp that like people exist outside of her in real life? The infographics she's sharing aren't just slightly sad internet thing they are real life human beings dying, but to her they're just making her sad whilst she scrolls how inconvenient what an empath.
“Heavy online world” killed me. These are real experiences real people are living through in the REAL world?!? Sorry if that’s seeping into your ✨online community✨

If the online world is getting too heavy turn your fuckin phone off. Ffs 😭

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
"I’m no expert and definitely don’t have a PhD in Exam Etiquette"

Does anyone? Isn't that just making sure you arrive on time, bring a pen and double check that your phone is switched off?

Mars46

That part of the video reaaaallly frustrates me. There is a huge paradox in what Jade is doing. She is passionnate about change, inequality, the climate crisis, yet look at the Minerva graduates, those that go elsewhere that minerva itself are hardly choosing jobs that are linked to sustainability and "social change"...
I know that we have been over the Minerva problem loads of times but their mindset is messed up... The fact that Jade says stuff like "give me an hour to dig into the mind of the CEO of BP" and omg people do things for money really shows how privileged these students are, and to be honest quite naive. As someone who actively works in the environment "sector" I can tell you that those who are doing the most aren't the NGOs, or the activists but the people in local communities trying to make quality of life better. Yet the minerva team seem so disconnected from simple grassroots solutions. Perhaps because they too want power, they thrive on ambition and ego.

emm

VIP Member
Honestly if I was Jade I would dread my own company. The more time she spends taking herself on dates the more annoying and dumb she becomes.
View attachment 609819
I know it is not just her, but I hate this whole thing of "taking yourself on a date" , what about just "taking a trip in London by myself" ? How is spending time alone something so amazing she is "daring" us to do so?
Her lack of quarantine is just ridiculous, people like her are the reason we are now debating the June 21st deadline and cases among yougn people are rising again

• Heart

anfp

how did Jade go from 'guys comment how you deal with all the heaviness in the world if you're an empath like me' to I can only feel feelings on my period

• Haha

swishswishbish1

Nothing screams sustainability like accepting a smartphone you don't need and participating in an ad to encourage people to get a new one even if their current phone is fine <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
let's not forget flying across the world every couple of weeks <3 and constantly buying clothes even though you claim to be a minimalist <3 we love our sustainable queen!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

• Haha
Reactions: 31

nissigossips

Remind you of anyone?
View attachment 574674
I feel like Jade has only talked about this issue at surface level and only because she feels obligated to
Don't know if I agree with Ibz tbh, there's always horrible sh*t going on in the world and its only a few issues that have gone mainstream where you have to talk about them or share an instagram graphic otherwise you're a Bad Person.

Don't agree with Jades stupid book (£15?! You joking?!) but in general I don't think you should expect people to pause their business ventures because of one world issue, or have to talk about one particular issue. Eg Ibz was selling 'bring them your seasoning' mugs while the Uighur genocide was happening in China, and there were over 40 million modern day slaves around the world, doesn't mean he thinks any of these things are right.

HollyLeaf

Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, the rest of us have spent the last year isolating and NOT going out for adventures and soaking up our own company every damn day.

She is completely clueless about the pandemic and how it has affected us all.

rennys

In 20 years' time, when Jade's children ask her about the great pandemic of 2020, Jade will be like 'Pandemic? What pandemic?'

• Haha
  • Angry

mooncat

hey there, i dunno how to quote from another thread but there was this video of the girl who said minervas fees were 15k. i actually couldn't quite believe it so i had a look at their website:

you do indeed pay about 15k (undergrad tution), but you also have to pay 11.5k for accommodation (ehhh what? have you ever looked at those rooms?) and 2k for mental health support (remember, this is the uni who say in their handbook that they'll exclude students with mental health problems because it's about their bad mindset...) so you actually pay about 30k a year.

i mean it's still less than at brown or some other *real* uni, but they'll probably need the saved tutions for the time after uni because i doubt you'll get a decent job with this "minerva diploma".

these 2 kids who work at "millionaire companies" that they constantly brag with probably got these jobs just like they got into minerva - connections. i'm afraid this will be a shock for you, but minervans aren't actually the worlds greatest minds or whatever, they are probably all rich kids that didn't get into oxbridge and mlm daughters minerva can get into other students parents' businesses

edit. sorry for my english, i just read it again and it does not make much sense actually but here we go

• Wow
  • Sick

peterbread

I think there's a lot of room for realistic portrayal of bodies on social media, but the way influencers and Jade are going about it is just not it
It would probably be more progressive to just post the pictures and not draw attention to physical features that need to be "embraced". Just treat it like a normal body, Jade drawing attention to her stomach/whatever makes it seem that for some reason it's seen as a negative thing? I remember she made that igtv of her wearing the red dress and spoke for like three minutes about her "tummy". Idk about you guys, but on social media when I see people talking about specific "Imperfections" that we need to embrace, it makes me a bit self conscious because until that point I had never even considered that certain features could be seen as imperfections. I get the same feeling with Jade sometimes.

• Heart

treasuredintention

I gave in and started watching her video... sis claims to have learnt the language but has a flashcard for "Das : The"...
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE A FLASHCARD FOR AN ARTICLE?? and like? wouldn't "Der, Die, Das : The" make more sense for her to remember all the words that means The? but surely articles don't belong in a vocab list?
maybe the critique of her technique is me being a bit snobby, but I'm so done with her saying she has an intuition for German and then seeing a flashcard like this... what's next? "Hallo: Hello"?

• Haha

anfp

she just posted on her story she's sending good energy to brighten up a 'heavy online world' does she not grasp that like people exist outside of her in real life? The infographics she's sharing aren't just slightly sad internet thing they are real life human beings dying, but to her they're just making her sad whilst she scrolls how inconvenient what an empath.

lushstudent

Jade reckons that if she took the CEO of BP on a '1 week meditation retreat' and had time alone to talk with him, she'd be able to convince him to change their climate impact ??? what
please tell me you're joking she did not actually say this??? why is she so far up her own bum

• Haha
  • Wow

n8459

Chatty Member
it’s only a matter of time until she buys herself a self engagement ring, mark my words

• Haha

July9696

Chatty Member
So she’s back in the UK. Really annoying she comes back just in time for everything to open up. The rest of us have been in national lockdown since Jan and some people under local lockdown since October or even earlier...

• Sick