Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, her glasses clearly don't fit. Getting glasses to fit is not an easy task and drives me insane when people order online and just go with whatever (partner is an optometrist).
I don't think it's prescription i thought it's to protect her eyes from the computer screen? I've seen a lot of influencers promote and order them during lockdown

Reactions: 6
Doesn't matter - glasses need to fit properly to your head otherwise it can cause issues. There's a reason people train for this stuff

Reactions: 2
They’re blue light glasses and they fit if she wore them properly, don’t know what vibe she’s going for with the round and big look, she said they were a Christmas present (but didn’t say who from) because I don’t know if her parents could actually send her anything that fast so maybe it was her “secret boyfriend” as the minions are calling him

Reactions: 10
Doesn't matter - glasses need to fit properly to your head otherwise it can cause issues. There's a reason people train for this stuff
I simply meant that these type of glasses are probably mass produced as a one size fits all not like when you go to an optometrist and actually get your specs fitted and yeah she wasn't wearing it properly anyway

Reactions: 3
This ‘M e’ person on Jade’s recent video is literally making me want to bang their head against a brick wall- how can you defend someone so blindly?! I hate that valid and constructive criticism is being bashed by people who blindly follow these ‘influencers’.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
I wonder if she will do what Zoella did years ago, posting a dedicated crying video "it's all a bit too much", so that people will flood her socials with praise and worry and criticism gets buried for a bit?

Reactions: 5
This ‘M e’ person on Jade’s recent video is literally making me want to bang their head against a brick wall- how can you defend someone so blindly?! I hate that valid and constructive criticism is being bashed by people who blindly follow these ‘influencers’.
can you post the excuses this person is telling in order to protect jade from "all the people who are soo jealous" of her??

her description says - 'fave BTS song rn is 00:00. Like wow, the lyrics gahhhh.'

what is with the 'gahhh'!! it's ridiculous!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It’s why she’s determined to keep travelling in the pandemic. Minerva is nothing but a rip off, without the studying abroad hook it’s obvious what a pile of crap it is.

Reactions: 13
It really bugs me that her idea of researching a culture is only looking up the negatives and issues instead of appreciating. Big white superiority

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Dammn those prices :eek:
That's a lot to pay for ✨casual magic✨ (travel costs need to be paid extra by the student).
Source: https://www.minerva.kgi.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees/
Their website makes me cringe. They are continuously bashing the traditional universities and keep saying that they do everything better :rolleyes:
I feel so fortunate with the education of my home country. Uni costs around €2000 where I live.
Those prices from Minerva are insanely high for an online course, imo.

A quote from their website: "What we do offer is a rigorous academic and experiential undergraduate program you can afford."
Hell no, I could never afford that!

Also, that testimonial makes absolutely no sense. I think sport clubs and student associations on campus can be really fun and a great addition to the uni experience.
Those prices are insanely high for an online course, imo.

The word "manifest" immediately catched my eye hahah

Attachments

Last edited:
It really bugs me that her idea of researching a culture is only looking up the negatives and issues instead of appreciating. Big white superiority
Don't forget BTS, gaaaaah!! I love that they're not even like, a slightly less famous group like Red Velvet (who are still super popular!), like she couldn't even be bothered to actually try and find kpop groups she just chose the most famous one

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dammn those prices :eek:
That's a lot to pay for ✨casual magic✨ (travel costs need to be paid extra by the student).
Source: https://www.minerva.kgi.edu/tuition-aid/tuition-fees/
Their website makes me cringe. They are continuously bashing the traditional universities and keep saying that they do everything better :rolleyes:
I feel so fortunate with the education of my home country. Uni costs around €2000 where I live.
Those prices from Minerva are insanely high for an online course, imo.

A quote from their website: "What we do offer is a rigorous academic and experiential undergraduate program you can afford."
Hell no, I could never afford that!

Also, that testimonial makes absolutely no sense. I think sport clubs and student associations on campus can be really fun and a great addition to the uni experience.
Those prices are insanely high for an online course, imo.

The word "manifest" immediately catched my eye hahah
that testimonial is so condescending what the duck. when I studied abroad I still used the gym in my dorm's basement because exercising really helps my focus and overall mental wellness. he makes it seem like people who go to traditional universities are uncultured idiots because some people appreciate a stable routine while trying to get a degree

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why the backwards desk 😂

Also, she LOVES talking about how bad capItALIsm is and how companies and entire industries profit off women’s insecurities... and I’m like... your Dad works at juiceplus?! Hello? Has that registered yet? Or is her saying all this her way of rebelling against her Dad lol

Ultimately SHE has benefitted from this industry she claims to despise. Her family income? Her Minerva financial backing (probably from her Dad) so I’m seeing some conflict here 😂😂
This is hilarious to me because mere weeks ago she was creaming herself about "the power of companies to change the world" and how they should be given more power because they alone can make something substantial while she was practically saying that NGOs were cute for trying. Now she's against capitalism suddenly? Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
it kills me how every time she barely learns something and decides to teach her viewers about it lmaooo that hangul segment was beyond belief

• Haha
Reactions: 25
'M e' and 'Someone' are literally replying to every negative comment on her videos ... is it just me or are those names kinda sus?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
'M e' and 'Someone' are literally replying to every negative comment on her videos ... is it just me or are those names kinda sus?
Ahahah totally, I'm betting it's either her triggered brother/boyfriend/family member

Hilarious thread btw I'm glad I'm not the only one fed up with this fake woke attitude

• Haha
Reactions: 14
.... oh my god. that pronunciation :sick::sick::sick::sick::poop:

thanks to my early koreaboo years circa 2008-16 i'm able to speak korean quite well (!) and this ... this was the worst attempt at speaking korean i've ever heard. no cap. jesus christ, she's been learning for months? i'm not exaggerating just because it's jade either – it's awful. i laughed, cringed and tried my best not to skip through the embarrassment. the sheer condfidence at butchering the words, oh dear
Her talking about hangul in general just seemed really dumb? Like, sure it's interesting but I wouldn't say it's genius or 'easy'.

I'd love to know what she has learnt about North Korea since I genuinely love the subject and have done a lot of research/reading into it. I have found that a lot of people are rather misinformed about the country or very ignorant, and don't really focus on its relationship with the South too much.

The videos are obviously pre-recorded so I'm interested to see if she adds anything in to address the criticism or not. Clearly the BTS stuff attracted the fanbase so most of the criticism is drowned out, but she also seems to be very quick at deleting it at the moment too

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.