Unjaded Jade #4 Tragic Magic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeh I agree, she really speaks down to her fans IMO, which is ridiculous really as why would they be following a study channel if they weren't quite academic/interested in studying and probably quite clever? (obviously not all of them would follow her for this, but it msut be a very large proportion). I think she will just take some kind of "mental health SM break", which she hopes will work to make people forget but won't, as many influencers seem to
Also shows they’re able to think critically, one thing Minerva doesn’t seem to be doing

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lol I would have zero sympathy. She's been banging on about travel!!1! for months now, it's like she exists in an alternate universe without this Covid-19 nightmare. Now she's trying to save her arse for better publicity and she's pushing Minerva under the bus when a bunch of Minerva students apparently chose to ride this out at home due to the risks and restrictions. She should have asked for a PR 101 from conman extraordinaire daddy Bowler before running her mouth online. Countdown to some ugly crying selfie, "being real", bad mental health day and complaining about stress so she can manipulate people to back off. I still laugh when I think of her posting a random pic of her weeping mother on Instagram because people were going off at her because of Switzerland. She's so transparent.
is this photo still up? Would love to read the caption

is this photo still up? Would love to read the caption
I think it was just an Instagram story so I doubt it would still be up. She was waxing tragic about how she was not able to go(read: didn't choose to) home for Christmas and her mother was crying that they couldn't be together.

Reactions: 2
Anyone shocked that she still doesn't address the situation in this video? I hope people fill her comments up with comments asking her to address it all and it continues to the point she can't ignore it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
She's still sitting at the wrong end of the desk haha

And yes too bad that she straight up ignores everything

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She is poorly informed, the more she keeps running away from the comments the worse it’s gonna get, either put a statement out or actually do a video on it

Reactions: 15
Not her bringing up kpop and BTS constantly knowing fully well the comments from stans will override the critical comments.😭

Does she know that BTS had to cancel their world tour in 2020 due to Covid? Yet she can travel freely to S. Korea.

Reactions: 24
.... oh my god. that pronunciation :sick::sick::sick::sick::poop:

thanks to my early koreaboo years circa 2008-16 i'm able to speak korean quite well (!) and this ... this was the worst attempt at speaking korean i've ever heard. no cap. jesus christ, she's been learning for months? i'm not exaggerating just because it's jade either – it's awful. i laughed, cringed and tried my best not to skip through the embarrassment. the sheer condfidence at butchering the words, oh dear

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is so irrelevant compared to all the other bullshit shes done recently but why tf is she wearing her glasses like that? They’re supposed to rest on top of your ears not like in your hair? Im baffled by this
FE5B7CE8-D734-43FC-A4E4-88A1A9EDC294.png

• Haha
Reactions: 24
yet again does not address.. fill up those comments.

not watching her anymore until she takes accountability, this whole thing has been so manipulative

Reactions: 12
Why the backwards desk 😂

Also, she LOVES talking about how bad capItALIsm is and how companies and entire industries profit off women’s insecurities... and I’m like... your Dad works at juiceplus?! Hello? Has that registered yet? Or is her saying all this her way of rebelling against her Dad lol

Ultimately SHE has benefitted from this industry she claims to despise. Her family income? Her Minerva financial backing (probably from her Dad) so I’m seeing some conflict here 😂😂

Reactions: 21
I'm glad that an actual Korean person has commented and condemned her activities. She can brush the rest of us off as not understanding the situation, but she can't brush them off.

Reactions: 29
Also, this is all making me think of what happened with the Korean Englishman and Gabie Kook.

I really recommend reading about the controversy. They had very big audiences in Korea with really big names in both Korea and outside featuring on their channels (I remember them having Arnold Shwarznegger on there and the Kpop group NCT 127) (so different to Jade in that regard as there are much higher expectations of them). But after breaking the Covid rules (they welcomed (masked) friends at the door for Gabie's birthday and Gabie took her mask off), there has been huge outrage.

It is very interesting to see how a small flout in the rules (it is small compared to what we've seen UK influencers do) has provoked so much outrage. To the point where it provoked a petition on the South Korea parliament website and Gabie Kook's channel is devoid of all videos now. I recommend this video to learn more about it.

This happened in October and I'm surprised this hasn't affected Jade's decision to go to South Korea. If she had actually researched any videos about South Korea on Youtube, the Korean Englishman channel is so popular that is bound to have seen them. How can she not understand how seriously they are taking the restrictions and how many sacrifices people have made? And also how much outrage is caused when a public figure flouts the rules, even to a small extent. Also, recommend reading about the 97 liners (who are some of the most popular male kpop idols) controversy with Dispatch which highlights this even more. Even if Jade and the other Minervans that went to South Korea were not aware of how strict people are about coronavirus, surely Minerva would?

(I don't live in South Korea nor am I Korean so all I know about this is from videos I've seen on Youtube, so I'm not the most qualified to talk about it - I don't intend to generalise what Koreans think regarding Covid and am aware my perspective is not from personal experience so if any Koreans/people living in South Korea could corroborate this information, that would be great:)).

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
My god, her minions are actually idiots I stg :ROFLMAO: It's the same couple of accounts replying to EVERY critical comment with the most childish of comebacks - either they're very young and obsessed with her, or they're Jade/her friends under fake accounts lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This is so irrelevant compared to all the other bullshit shes done recently but why tf is she wearing her glasses like that? They’re supposed to rest on top of your ears not like in your hair? Im baffled by this
LOL right?? it also looks like it's in her hair on one side and on the ear on the other so her glasses are wonky?? How can she stand that :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Yes, her glasses clearly don't fit. Getting glasses to fit is not an easy task and drives me insane when people order online and just go with whatever (partner is an optometrist).

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.