Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally, what I don't like about Jade since she has started at Minerva is how obnoxious she has become regarding her traveling. She has become one of those people who think that traveling and living in another country for 4-6 months somehow makes you a superior person with a better understanding of the world. It's very condescending to poor students who do not get to travel. As an international student in the UK myself, I never felt like I was somehow superior to my friends back home. I have also met many British people here who have never/barely traveled abroad and are far more intelligent and worldly than Jade will ever be. Also, judging from Dinara's vlogs, the best way I can describe Minerva students' short stints abroad is as 4-month tourist stays for rich kids who barely interact with the people of the country they go to. They study all day on their computers at an American institution, with American curriculum and values and they only hang out with other Minerva students, thus not experiencing what it's like to actually study in a foreign country, where you spend most of your time meeting and living with people from that country and you experience that country's educational system. It's much better to just do your bachelor in one country (e.g the UK but also elsewhere in Europe), do a full year Erasmus somewhere else, and maybe also do a Masters in a third country, if you want to actually experience life in another country.
When I first saw that travel restrictions were being put in place everywhere, I knew that Jade is the type of person to think that she's above all that, and continue to travel anyway despite the rules. She's basically proving me correct.

So many people using travelling as a replacement for a personality, or boast about their travels years after it has become irrelevant (like with travelling gap years). Jade is going that way fast.

Reactions: 19
Soo I’ve been doing a little bit of research on covid misinformation and it turns out most of it can be traced back to certain institutions that push a free market capitalism agenda.

I’ve been reading some of their “papers” and honestly the whole Minerva mindset makes much more sense now. Like everything from ‘businesses as a lever of social change’ up to their student’s irresponsibility.

Reactions: 16
So many people using travelling as a replacement for a personality, or boast about their travels years after it has become irrelevant (like with travelling gap years). Jade is going that way fast.
True, and Minerva basically seems like a four-year ‘gap yah’ anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She said she was taking a break, probably to hide the fact she blatantly broke the rules over Christmas.
Ahh yes, ‘taking a break’ - influencer shorthand for ‘I’m doing something I shouldn’t and I don’t want anyone to point that out to me’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Ahh yes, ‘taking a break’ - influencer shorthand for ‘I’m doing something I shouldn’t and I don’t want anyone to point that out to me’.
Aka getting that dick again and not self isolating

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Also she says she dressed up and it's the most bland picture of her face she's ever uploaded with nothing to suggest dressing up.

Reactions: 8
View attachment 361301
if she didn’t go anywhere I wonder why there aren't more pictures of the past days

Also it would be more sustainable to by a proper film camera than buying a disposable one...
And easier to transport too? Like just carrying the rolls around with you? And why limit it to just 27?

Reactions: 5
Not to defend her but if it's a gift she might not have had much choice in it! That said, if she decides to keep shooting film a nice vintage camera is the best choice!

Reactions: 2
Interested in how she got a gift? I'm very much guessing that she is meeting up with people and not self-isolating but isn't posting about it due to the IG comments

Reactions: 11
Really annoyed me that she posted a half assed summary of her Christmas break just so she could post her ad.

Reactions: 10
Yep, very interesting. The camera was obviously bought in Germany so we can rule out her family or friends posting it to her from abroad. It may have been dropped off on her doorstep, but she’s given absolutely zero reason for us to believe she cares about the rules. I’d say the silence speaks volumes!

Reactions: 11
She’s just trying to ride it out and hope people forget about it- won’t damage her image because she has so many people who will still follow her. Instead of ‘just keep swimming’ maybe it should be ‘just keep commenting’🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 10
After watching her latest video (albeit on 2x speed) I feel like I need a nap... so much pretentious drivel... and someone made a comment about her voice & Elizabeth Holmes, I think about that every single time I hear her

After watching her latest video (albeit on 2x speed) I feel like I need a nap... so much pretentious drivel... and someone made a comment about her voice & Elizabeth Holmes, I think about that every single time I hear her
oh my GOD I did not realize that but that's so true.. though I think Jade's voice is like this naturally

Did Jade really get a diploma from Barack and Michelle Obama? God. The brat will be even more unsufferable from now on.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.