Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel so bad seeing her post her mum crying- it’s such a sad situation to not be with your family on christmas. Sadly this was a choice made, Jade chose to risk going to a new country in a pandemic, that was her choice and she knew it was risky because she might not be able to go home in a lockdown and that was why she was considering going to London. I think if she had known she wouldnt be able to see her family at christmas she might have made the same decision though, as she missed christmas with them when she was I Australia. It’s a very unfortunate situation and I do feel sorry for them now as much as I disagree with the whole Switzerland thing.
I feel bad for her mum, as anyone would, but why didn't her parents advise her not to travel ?! I also find it weirdly exploitative to film her mum and post it online tbh, I hope she asked her mum before posting

Reactions: 31
The number of her fans who are blindly supporting her and instantly arguing with people criticising her on Instagram is unreal.

Especially as they’re responding with #BeKind. You want to know what’s really kind? Not travelling during a global pandemic and putting others at risk
Valid criticism is spun as 'nastiness' now. Never mind it's normally the #BeKind lot who are actually the nastiest.

I feel bad for her mum, as anyone would, but why didn't her parents advise her not to travel ?! I also find it weirdly exploitative to film her mum and post it online tbh, I hope she asked her mum before posting
She's only posted that picture because she's getting criticism. I bet if no one had called her out for her crappy choices we never would have seen something like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The number of her fans who are blindly supporting her and instantly arguing with people criticising her on Instagram is unreal.

Especially as they’re responding with #BeKind. You want to know what’s really kind? Not travelling during a global pandemic and putting others at risk
Right? No one here hates Jade, and I don't think anyone is coming from a place of malice. I, for one, am sorry that she'll spend Christmas alone. But being kind to people doesn't mean condoning everything they do!

Reactions: 11
Who the heck receives a picture of their mum crying and thinks 'you know what, this needs to go on instagram'?!

I actually find this kind of behaviour pretty manipulative tbh. Doesn't respond to any criticism whatsoever, instead exploits her mum's crying to gain sympathy. Yikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I actually find this kind of behaviour pretty manipulative tbh. Doesn't respond to any criticism whatsoever, instead exploits her mum's crying to gain sympathy. Yikes.
I think this sums up my feeling towards Jade entirely, manipulative is what I’d describe her as

• Haha
Reactions: 16
nobody here is disagreeing that it sucks ass to have to spend christmas alone in a foreign country during a pandemic but I had a few friends who had the choice to try and do their abroad semester like jade and all of them chose not to because they were afraid of not being allowed back in the country. it has been a very real possibility since jade left that she would be stranded in Berlin but she lives in her own weird mindset where nothing bad can ever happen to her.

Reactions: 15
I don't understand how Minerva is okay with what she posts in regards to breaking the rules. She is very obviously linked to the "university" on social media so anything she does is bad press for them. Surely they should have stepped in by now and said something??

Reactions: 12
Who the heck receives a picture of their mum crying and thinks 'you know what, this needs to go on instagram'?!

Yeah you really have to take a step back and think about why influencers are posting what they are. There is no other reason to be posting such intimate moment than to garner sympathy in a moment when a fair few of her subscribers criticising her. I think at the moment she can really see people turning on her and is using a tactic that has previously worked for her; when she showed herself crying during her A-levels she got a lot of positive attention from the UK press. She might not realise what she’s doing but this seems like a desperate attempt to keep her subscribers on her side.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Yeah you really have to take a step back and think about why influencers are posting what they are. There is no other reason to be posting such intimate moment than to garner sympathy in a moment when a fair few of her subscribers criticising her. I think at the moment she can really see people turning on her and is using a tactic that has previously worked for her; when she showed herself crying during her A-levels she got a lot of positive attention from the UK press. She might not realise what she’s doing but this seems like a desperate attempt to keep her subscribers on her side.
Yeah even if her mum consented to having it posted I still find it wildly inappropriate tbh. I actually couldn’t imagine posting a pic of someone I knew crying, regardless of the reason and especially not my own mum.

Reactions: 25
Also I’m not sure on the rules on travelling between Germany and the Netherlands but if she’s ‘sooo close’ to her Dutch family could she not go to see them for Christmas?

Reactions: 3
Jade: gets valid criticism

Also Jade: Posts photo of mum crying trying to make people feel sorry for her rather than call her out ://

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Shocking lack of sense continued. What matters to her is quite clear. Enough sucking up on her social media and enough stamps on her passport. Wish she would take a step back and truly consider what matters.

Attachments

Reactions: 7
Can't deal with the people saying "she was in a remote cabin she was isolating when she was there!!" Sorry but no, there is no way she got into Switzerland and to the cabin (including doing things like a food shop, collecting a rental car etc) without coming across a single person.

Reactions: 29
And she still remains silent!!!!! Not even bothering to address any of the comments- makes her look even worse to be honest. She needs to realise what she’s done 😪

Reactions: 15
And she still remains silent!!!!! Not even bothering to address any of the comments- makes her look even worse to be honest. She needs to realise what she’s done 😪
Shes not going to address it and further publicise it, because theres literally no excuses she can give to explain it away or defend it.

Reactions: 16
Shes not going to address it and further publicise it, because theres literally no excuses she can give to explain it away or defend it.
She said she was going off social media on her last story. Probably running away from the rightful criticism and covering her behind.

Reactions: 14
She said she was going off social media on her last story. Probably running away from the rightful criticism and covering her behind.
Yeah, it must be a tit place to be when you're being forced to read criticism on your stupid actions. She should go and pamper her ego while manifesting even more freedom for the new year.

Reactions: 12
New member here, hi all. I started watching Jade in her A-level days. I am a year older than her and I was in the same path then, heading to uni/having started uni. At first I liked watching her because of her studying videos and her motivation. I liked how she was intending to study Biology and she had been thinking of doing some kind of biology related internship (I think?, dont really remember) during her gap year. I even liked some of the traveling that she did, like the Australia trip.

But ever since she entered Minerva, she has just been unbearable. And this whole time I thought I must have been the only one to feel that way because her views and subscribers kept growing and I never read anything negative in her comments, apart from that first Minerva video where people were telling her it was a scam. So I'm just glad to have found this forum, where people see through her annoying "inspirational" persona and constant hippie messages and through her sub-par university experience. Hopping from cafe to cafe to study is not something to be proud of Jade. It's actually quite embarrassing that Minerva does not provide you with a safe and comfortable space to study. Even during the pandemic, my uni has still given access to a world-class library for students. Let me not start on the lack of labs and the ridiculousness of the essay titles she has shared. Doing literature reviews is not enough for a science degree and guesstimating a company's financials is not enough for a business degree.

Recently, I have started comparing her to Paige Y (graduated from Cambridge and working as an actuary), another studytuber. The latter is pragmatic, has an actual passion for science and academia (she studied freaking Astrophysics) and does not constantly share dumb inspirational statements. She works hard and does not complain all the time about all the ACTUAL hard work she has to do. She chose a sensible career path and is being a responsible young adult. I really wish more of Jade's viewers, who must be young and impressionable, would watch Paige instead.

Finally, what I don't like about Jade since she has started at Minerva is how obnoxious she has become regarding her traveling. She has become one of those people who think that traveling and living in another country for 4-6 months somehow makes you a superior person with a better understanding of the world. It's very condescending to poor students who do not get to travel. As an international student in the UK myself, I never felt like I was somehow superior to my friends back home. I have also met many British people here who have never/barely traveled abroad and are far more intelligent and worldly than Jade will ever be. Also, judging from Dinara's vlogs, the best way I can describe Minerva students' short stints abroad is as 4-month tourist stays for rich kids who barely interact with the people of the country they go to. They study all day on their computers at an American institution, with American curriculum and values and they only hang out with other Minerva students, thus not experiencing what it's like to actually study in a foreign country, where you spend most of your time meeting and living with people from that country and you experience that country's educational system. It's much better to just do your bachelor in one country (e.g the UK but also elsewhere in Europe), do a full year Erasmus somewhere else, and maybe also do a Masters in a third country, if you want to actually experience life in another country.

Sorry for the long rant x)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Recently, I have started comparing her to Paige Y (graduated from Cambridge and working as an actuary), another studytuber. The latter is pragmatic, has an actual passion for science and academia (she studied freaking Astrophysics) and does not constantly share dumb inspirational statements. She works hard and does not complain all the time about all the ACTUAL hard work she has to do. She chose a sensible career path and is being a responsible young adult. I really wish more of Jade's viewers, who must be young and impressionable, would watch Paige instead
Yes! I also really like Paige, she seems very down-to-earth (unlike Jade and most other popular UK studytubers) and despite people saying that her actuarial job is boring compared to what she studied at Cambridge – which is understandable and she even admitted it herself – I like watching her make advancements in her new career.
Jade, however, has just shown to be an idiot and much as I enjoyed her content back at her A-level days and almost sort of looked up to her (I’m a little younger than her), she has just turned into an unbearable person. Sometimes an old video of hers pops into my recommended and sometimes I watch these and am just struck by how much she’s changed for the worse.

Reactions: 24
Cases are surging in South Korea. It would be horribly irresponsible of Minerva to even consider sending their students there in January. That's just a few days away.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.