Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

n8459

Chatty Member
The universe ✨didn’t want✨ me to to be in Korea so got me ✨deported✨ by the ✨Korean authorities ✨

• Haha
Reactions: 53

lespotins

Who the heck receives a picture of their mum crying and thinks 'you know what, this needs to go on instagram'?!

I actually find this kind of behaviour pretty manipulative tbh. Doesn't respond to any criticism whatsoever, instead exploits her mum's crying to gain sympathy. Yikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

nissigossips

Screenshot_20201230-223404.png

Switzerland. Being in love. Meeting his family (!!!), eventual reality shitshow of...

The smell of his hoodie. Walks with Lochan. Filming and editing Claro

Such a Niklas simp, got cold filming positions TikTok, talked about first kiss exp...

In bed with Niklas

Dinner at Kaymin S, bought lingerie, painted with Linnae, cultural differences...

Talked to Niklas (!!!!). Bittersweet. Met Milna x2. Michalle is dating Mariane..????

Mentally exhausting day, period. Anna hears. "Fall into my Arms" and hugging

One day I'm going to marry John Fish, FACTORY with Kaymin, Lara and Niklas

Uke with Allie. Heads up with Anni, weekend with Niklas

Dull day of class. Hramibals + CHRISTMAS MUSIC. Jingle Bell Rock Dance

Met up with Niklas for first time in 10 days! Malaria and second quarantine mood

morning gratitude

Niklas called me "fave British friend" ew, 3 classes, study with me video

Product can't read call w Danny, finished SSHO assignment, Niklas...

Meeting Maura and Toff (Gabriel's friends) and Creating Niklas can't read package

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

MrsMarshmallow

What the fuck? I’ve been missing out on meeting my friends, traveling and embarking into new projects all year long, just because I wanted to protect myself and my loved ones as much as I could. And this brat goes and crosses a border just to go f*ck (but it’ll be ✨ casually magic sex ✨ which I guess makes it OK) with her newfound (German) German lover in the Alps, in a Heidi-meets-Juice-Plus fashion. Poor German person - they’ve yet to realize the dummkopf they’re with.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
So a little about Korea for those who don’t know. Which will explain why Jade may annoy me, when she lives in Korea.

Currently we are in the middle of a bad third wave. 700 cases a day. Because that number is ‘small’, it is very easy for one individual to have an effect on the emergency level. So one person going to a café and wearing a cotton mask could spread it to 50 people in there. The extra 50 people mean we get tipped over into level 3.

The level effects us! The higher level means my husband is not allowed home from work (he is in the military). He has missed 2 months out of our 6 months old girl’s life .. because of people who don’t take covid seriously. Since last January I have not been to a café. I have not been to a restaurant. I have not seen a single friend!!! Literally just me and my baby, and my husband when he is allowed home. So if Jade comes here and studies in cafes, starts travelling around the country on trains wearing her nonK95+ mask, yes I will be annoyed.

My husband is a commissed officer. The enlisted soldiers have it a lot worse. Their leave is constantly being cancelled, because the army can’t risk them going home and bringing something back to the whole bass. Covid is destroying their mental health and relationships. Lets not get into the people who work in the jobs directly dealing with Covid. People have killed themselves over the pressure. Each wave brings a tremendous stress .. as well as danger. Korea has a very old population.

We have worked so hard in Korea, and sacrificed a lot. So Jade coming here, after her actions in Berlin, worry me ..

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

rennys

New member here, hi all. I started watching Jade in her A-level days. I am a year older than her and I was in the same path then, heading to uni/having started uni. At first I liked watching her because of her studying videos and her motivation. I liked how she was intending to study Biology and she had been thinking of doing some kind of biology related internship (I think?, dont really remember) during her gap year. I even liked some of the traveling that she did, like the Australia trip.

But ever since she entered Minerva, she has just been unbearable. And this whole time I thought I must have been the only one to feel that way because her views and subscribers kept growing and I never read anything negative in her comments, apart from that first Minerva video where people were telling her it was a scam. So I'm just glad to have found this forum, where people see through her annoying "inspirational" persona and constant hippie messages and through her sub-par university experience. Hopping from cafe to cafe to study is not something to be proud of Jade. It's actually quite embarrassing that Minerva does not provide you with a safe and comfortable space to study. Even during the pandemic, my uni has still given access to a world-class library for students. Let me not start on the lack of labs and the ridiculousness of the essay titles she has shared. Doing literature reviews is not enough for a science degree and guesstimating a company's financials is not enough for a business degree.

Recently, I have started comparing her to Paige Y (graduated from Cambridge and working as an actuary), another studytuber. The latter is pragmatic, has an actual passion for science and academia (she studied freaking Astrophysics) and does not constantly share dumb inspirational statements. She works hard and does not complain all the time about all the ACTUAL hard work she has to do. She chose a sensible career path and is being a responsible young adult. I really wish more of Jade's viewers, who must be young and impressionable, would watch Paige instead.

Finally, what I don't like about Jade since she has started at Minerva is how obnoxious she has become regarding her traveling. She has become one of those people who think that traveling and living in another country for 4-6 months somehow makes you a superior person with a better understanding of the world. It's very condescending to poor students who do not get to travel. As an international student in the UK myself, I never felt like I was somehow superior to my friends back home. I have also met many British people here who have never/barely traveled abroad and are far more intelligent and worldly than Jade will ever be. Also, judging from Dinara's vlogs, the best way I can describe Minerva students' short stints abroad is as 4-month tourist stays for rich kids who barely interact with the people of the country they go to. They study all day on their computers at an American institution, with American curriculum and values and they only hang out with other Minerva students, thus not experiencing what it's like to actually study in a foreign country, where you spend most of your time meeting and living with people from that country and you experience that country's educational system. It's much better to just do your bachelor in one country (e.g the UK but also elsewhere in Europe), do a full year Erasmus somewhere else, and maybe also do a Masters in a third country, if you want to actually experience life in another country.

Sorry for the long rant x)

• Heart
Reactions: 44

n8459

Chatty Member
At least she’ll get her own room and privacy for the first time in 2 years of studying at Minerva

• Haha
Reactions: 43
My favourite part of her recent stories was that I knew that was soy milk. Not because I speak any ounce of Korean, but because of the GIANT SOYBEAN on the carton.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
in her latest video she says "I bet you can't even put a date on the worst day of your life" lmao in my opinion this shows her privilege because a lot of the time when something significantly bad happens eg a death of a parent or someone as close or a traumatic event people will remember the date

"I was plugged into poor mental health following the pandemic paranoia" jeeez is this the sort of stuff they do in their creative writing classes? That's like a 10 year old who just learnt what alliteration was for the first time.
omg. I just cannot how privileged!!!!

I don’t know Jade! Maybe when my Dad died, or when my family couldn’t even afford school uniform so i had the shame of needing to take it out of the school’s lost property. Or when my mum told us she was going to kill herself and i didn’t see her for a week. Or when my daughter was put into NICU and i only had 15 minutes visitation a day. I could name so many ‘worst days’!! And I know all of my friends could as well. I have multiple friends who were raped. Who have lost parents. Who have been attacked by their boyfriends! One friend (who is from the middle east) literally spent a year locked in her bedroom because her father was controlling. Like what the fuck!!!! I just cannot relate to her one bit.

Surely her worst day was being rejected from Oxford anyway?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

Oatmeall

I really don't understand vegans who say they are vegan for sustainability/moral reasons but then waste food. Jade said she'd try to take out the 'egg' on her sandwich, which was already there, and would just be food waste if she didn't eat it. For me, that is just wasteful and nonsensical. People need to be less concerned with being "pure" vegans and more holistically focused. It's like people who return a burger or something because it has something not vegan on it - it will just be thrown away then and the damage is done!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

lemonlime

VIP Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but towards the end of her video past the 30 min mark she talks about a cultural difference between herself and her roommates and talks about commitment. She then says how in the Uk n in Germany if someone says they're going to do something they're actually going to do it but in Brazil they don't stick to their word. How is it a cultural difference??? Commitments works differently for everyone, to me it has nothing to do with where one is from. I'm from Africa and sometimes I wake up and say I'm going to do something; sometimes I'm just lazy and just don't it.
She's just a condescending little fuck and likes to wrap up her stupid microagressions in a ✨culture magic✨ packaging. One cannot really forget "students come even from Africa!!" and "German Germans". It's the little things that tell you a lot about a person. I've stopped following her after her approach to pandemic and her romance trip to Switzerland in the middle of a lockdown but I dread to think what kind of nonsense she will spew during her time in Korea.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

ECH

VIP Member
also, just watching her new video and the part where she talks about how casual magic isnt toxic positivity sounds a lot like what we were saying on the last thread... I think she is reading here
She can say that if she wants but it so clearly is. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a positive person and trying to see the best in bad situations and all that, but the fact of the matter is Jade refuses to accept anything negative and is clearly harming her own mindset by doing so.

EDIT-just saw the video and she said her mental health is good because she's been meditating for 20 minutes a day. No Jade, your mental health has been good because it already was. Some of us have mental health issues and on amount of meditation is going to fix that.

Reactions: 37
new thread name... unjaded jade #4: pretending to be an academic so she can travel abroad during a pandemic ???

• Haha
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
so now we know she was meant to be flying home today- the fact she left it so late to have more time to go to Switzerland or whatever is just ridiculous. You can't cut it this fine in a pandemic when we know travel restrictions change with zero warning
I have to say, the last few days have been great for exposing how thick and out of touch influencers can be. They're *pikachu shocked face* at the news of Tier 4 and the border restrictions but what do you expect travelling internationally during a pandemic a few days before Christmas? I've said this on another thread but so many people have self-isolated in the run-up to Christmas so they can safely see their families, yet these idiots expected to be able to gallivant around Dubai (or Switzerland lol) a few days before Christmas and it'd all be fine.

They're all experiencing the first disruption to their lives for the first time during this pandemic and it shows. Funny how they'll all post a flurry of compassionate stuff about the pandemic when it affects them despite having stayed silent on the matter for most of the year.

hpprotego

Chatty Member
The fact Jade said she has to ‘come to terms with the fact she’ll be in Germany for Christmas’ just shows it never really crossed her mind that she might not have been able to fly home. Your privilege & ignorance is showing Jade and it’s not a good look.

Reactions: 36