Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Jade really get a diploma from Barack and Michelle Obama? God. The brat will be even more unsufferable from now on.
That close up of her face! What is she doing with all the gurning and silly dances and face pulling?

Is she trying to be a quirky, adorable but oh-so-wise and cheery Manic Pixie Dream Girl? Has the sleep deprivation at Minerva got to her? I get it though. She is young and figuring herself out.

I look back on my late teen/twenties era and cringe a lot. I will probably be cringing at me now in nine years when I hit forty. I don't like how stuck up Jade is acting because of Minerva, which sounds like an utter rip off.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Minerva will be rubbing their hands together at the attention her doing this will get them

Reactions: 4
I remember watching a clip of Jade doing the Obama thing. She was in it for about 30 seconds and she made a graduation cap out of paper. I really don't think this did anything to "remind graduated they have a brighter future" and it sure wasn't very "inspiring". I was the class of 2020 but leaving high school, and I remember seeing Jade put up a load of stories about the fact that we were leaving school in a pandemic and trying to give us advice about it and also about A Levels being cancelled. I get that it was done with good intentions but I'd rather she and other people just accepted that this was not a situation they knew anything about and they were not in a position to give us advice. For a number of reasons I was very upset about my school school ending. I wasn't able to go to my last day of school because my sister had symptoms of coronavirus and so I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone, including teachers who had played a very important role in my life. In addition to that, A Levels being cancelled gave me so much fear because my mock grades were so awful due to stuff going on outside of school. Seeing Jade trying to give advice about it honestly felt like she was belittling the situation, as if this was something casual magic could fix. If anyone deserves a letter from the Obamas, it's anyone who actually graduated in 2020, and not someone who made a paper graduation hat.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember watching a clip of Jade doing the Obama thing. She was in it for about 30 seconds and she made a graduation cap out of paper. I really don't think this did anything to "remind graduated they have a brighter future" and it sure wasn't very "inspiring". I was the class of 2020 but leaving high school, and I remember seeing Jade put up a load of stories about the fact that we were leaving school in a pandemic and trying to give us advice about it and also about A Levels being cancelled. I get that it was done with good intentions but I'd rather she and other people just accepted that this was not a situation they knew anything about and they were not in a position to give us advice. For a number of reasons I was very upset about my school school ending. I wasn't able to go to my last day of school because my sister had symptoms of coronavirus and so I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone, including teachers who had played a very important role in my life. In addition to that, A Levels being cancelled gave me so much fear because my mock grades were so awful due to stuff going on outside of school. Seeing Jade trying to give advice about it honestly felt like she was belittling the situation, as if this was something casual magic could fix. If anyone deserves a letter from the Obamas, it's anyone who actually graduated in 2020, and not someone who made a paper graduation hat.
That's actually a really good point about them admitting they don't know what to do. If they'd held their hands up and said 'I cannot do anything to make the pain and upset you're feeling better, but here's some resources for self care/people you can talk to if you're feeling low and anxious' or something like that. This was definitely one situation where we didn't need to find a bright side, because quite frankly, there wasn't one.

Reactions: 11
Imagine being a student and somehow having the time to essentially write an essay on this year and your hopes for next year that you'll probably forget in two weeks time. Just lol.

Reactions: 3
Interesting that she talked about dealing with criticism in that video and how she often takes things personally; can't help but think it's linked to the rise in negative comments she has been getting. She definitely takes any critique personally - deleting the Minerva Q&A videos, or more recently, just ignoring the criticisms of her uneducated take on capitalism and on her antics during a pandemic. She says she wants to be able to engage in difficult conversations and not take it personally, but then looking at the quotes she has saved on her Notion, e.g. "don't take criticism from someone you wouldn't take advice from" and "it's not about you, it's about them" makes me think she is adopting the classic influencer mindset of categorising anyone who critiques you as a hater. I could be reading too much into it but the stuff she has written like "smallest viable audience <3" makes me think she doesn't think it's her core audience that is having trouble with her recent content, but that it's random people that are attacking her. But I think it was clear that lots of the comments on that Q&A video for example were coming from long-time followers of hers - her followers haven't stayed GCSE/A-Level students forever, and they're gonna challenge you and call you out and your BS sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Surely if it’s a natural relationship or even fling you would just text and call whenever? Not schedule it in......
Also once a week?? Seems very strange to only 'schedule' to talk to them once every 7 days, unless she put that is so her audience could start getting suspicious, like how she posted the ~vague~ instagram stories.

Reactions: 11
So she is still going to South Korean then? Given that she wants to learn about Korean culture

Reactions: 5
Also these are her goals? Like dip into a culture for a short amount of time by doing thing like learning a k pop dance?!? That’s not appropriate, and write a book for students..... just like jack edwards and every other study tuber..... oh give over Jade
Also the languages thing seems crazy. She's trying to learn three languages at once, which is so hard. I don't blame her for wanting to learn hangul so she can understand signs in Korea, but Dutch and German on top of that and her degree? She's a classic example of trying to do everything and not doing anything well.

Also, I feel like her wanting to read Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche says a lot about her keeping up with the news, considering it came out a while ago that she's a massive TERF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Also it wont let me post screenshots but she is writing a book. Multiple points say 'finish chapter 7, 8 etc.' and she literally has one around 9:26 mins in that says 'Finish first draft of book'. I'm assuming this will be study related? Also a bit strange that she kept these in the video don't you think? Most people keep this really secret until they announce it, she obviously knew people would be able to see it.

Reactions: 5
Also these are her goals? Like dip into a culture for a short amount of time by doing thing like learning a k pop dance?!? That’s not appropriate, and write a book for students..... just like jack edwards and every other study tuber..... oh give over Jade
I'm really sick of studytubers thinking they are the authoritative voice on all things relating to studying and university. If she's qualified to write a whole book on GCSE and A-Levels, then so are the other 50,000+ students who get A*s in their A-Levels every year. She isn't even actively tutoring school students - someone like Holly Gabrielle could maybe get away with writing a book like this because at least she actively tutors students so is still somewhat engaged with the GCSE/A-Level world. But it has been years since Jade has studied the syllabus of her courses closely, and the course content can change year on year so I can only imagine she would have the vaguest revision tips in the world.

I swear these studytubers will be 30 years old and still be making videos like "HOW I ACED MY A-LEVELS". Your 3 A*s when you were 18 should not be your peak!!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yeah, I would not be interested in advice from this group of privileged YouTubers. The transition to uni is easy when you have money for everything you need and didn't need to work through your A levels or have any responsibilities other than studying.

Reactions: 10
Okay final point because it just made me laugh...the part that she blurred out because it was full of 'all the tea' of her life is still readable and one of them says 'Niklas called me his fave British friend ew' .... what does that even mean?

Edit: It also says 'meeting his family' at the top as well as 'in bed with Niklas'. Guess that was more people she met whilst completely disregarding the pandemic...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Okay final point because it just made me laugh...the part that she blurred out because it was full of 'all the tea' of her life is still readable and one of them says 'Niklas called me his fave British friend ew' .... what does that even mean?

Edit: It also says 'meeting his family' at the top. Guess that was more people she met whilst completely disregarding the pandemic...
Lol timestamp please? I skipped through so I missed this.

Yikes the classic fuckboy friendzone line... been there Jade, get out while you can.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Lol timestamp please? I skipped through so I missed this.

Yikes the classic fuckboy friendzone line... been there Jade, get out while you can.
From around 11:16-11:20, you have to pause it a bit to read. I guess I'm just quite nosey lol.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.