Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it's just me, but it always baffles me when she uses business words when talking about science.
Compare:
"Had to dive deeeeep into cutting edge research papers in the space"
With:
"Had to do an in depth review of research papers in that domain area" 🤷
It definitely shows her interests have changed from science to business.

Edit: also that Berlin startup assignment was exactly what we needed to do for business GCSE

• Haha
Reactions: 15
But guys, the cafe are good because they pay their staff more than minimum wage!!!!!

I know Berlin is very international but all I could think about when I read her stories was how irritated I would be if a deluded privileged student like Jade came in and started asking me all sorts of questions in English, simply assuming the staff/cafe would A) have time for her during a pandemic and B) speak good enough English to assist with her project
yeah I didn't even consider the langauge issue, regardless of how well they speak English (as most Germans do) it is just a total lack of respect to make no effort with a language in a country you are living in, which imo is one of the key issues with travelling so much for a degree like this (regardless of all the other issues with Minerva...) not like doing a real study abroad programme where you also learn the language. The whole thing probably just plays into the awful impression the rest of Europe has of us in the wake of Brexit :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me, but it always baffles me when she uses business words when talking about science.
Compare:
"Had to dive deeeeep into cutting edge research papers in the space"
With:
"Had to do an in depth review of research papers in that domain area" 🤷
It definitely shows her interests have changed from science to business.

Edit: also that Berlin startup assignment was exactly what we needed to do for business GCSE
this is 100% the influence of Minerva, everything they talk about uses business language (or stupid invented terms for normal things)

Reactions: 11
Her writing makes me cringe and I blame her stupid university for not teaching their students how to write essays. From her Disney/Pixar assignment: "the acquisition of Pixar lubricated the synergy between Disney's different business entities".

I mark undergrad essays sometimes and whenever I have students who write like this I always put a bit of a sassy comment on the side telling them to put down the thesaurus. It's blunt and probably not the most sensitive, but students have to learn that you don't have to find a fancy synonym for every word to produce good writing. It can make you look like you're trying to overcompensate for a poor understanding of the topic with flowery language, and it can also just look silly (the use of the word 'lubricated' being a good example)...

I could rant for days about their assignments, but all I'll say is that it's clear that all their assignments just ask them to play make-believe in some way or another. e.g. guess the income of a random donut shop in Berlin and write a financial report based on that guess. write a research paper despite having done zero research. do a presentation on the fall of the Berlin wall based on a single museum trip. They claim their education has real-world applications but I don't see that from these assignments.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I hope she talks about her new ~love~, I'd be intrigued to hear more. Any guesses on whether they meet organically or online? I'm gonna guess it's another Minerva person.

Reactions: 8
Her writing makes me cringe and I blame her stupid university for not teaching their students how to write essays. From her Disney/Pixar assignment: "the acquisition of Pixar lubricated the synergy between Disney's different business entities".

I mark undergrad essays sometimes and whenever I have students who write like this I always put a bit of a sassy comment on the side telling them to put down the thesaurus. It's blunt and probably not the most sensitive, but students have to learn that you don't have to find a fancy synonym for every word to produce good writing. It can make you look like you're trying to overcompensate for a poor understanding of the topic with flowery language, and it can also just look silly (the use of the word 'lubricated' being a good example)...

I could rant for days about their assignments, but all I'll say is that it's clear that all their assignments just ask them to play make-believe in some way or another. e.g. guess the income of a random donut shop in Berlin and write a financial report based on that guess. write a research paper despite having done zero research. do a presentation on the fall of the Berlin wall based on a single museum trip. They claim their education has real-world applications but I don't see that from these assignments.
that sentence is so weird, I teach English as a foreign language and it reads like something one of my students might write, having translated from their language/not having enoguh knowledge of sentence structure. Just a load fo buzzwords thrown together and I can barely understand what it says. Also, maybe it is just me, but I don't think I would ever use "lubricate"in anything other than a physical-type context?
Having seen more and more of these ridiculous assignments, I genuinley wonder what the professors (who I assume have taught/do teach elsewhere) think about them? If I was an academic I would be embarassed to have my name to a uni like this tbh, although I assume in the precarious world of academia now they probably just need work, especially if you can work remotely and then work in another (reputable) institution

I hope she talks about her new ~love~, I'd be intrigued to hear more. Any guesses on whether they meet organically or online? I'm gonna guess it's another Minerva person.
100% another Minerva person, I barely see how they can even relate to anyone outside of Minerva at this point with all the bizarre language they use, and imagine her going out with someone of a similar age either at a normal uni or at work, they would be incredulous at this insane university IMO. I wouldn't like to hear the constant criticism of a non- MInerva degree I might have taken/this insane level of stupidty about the real world and work

Reactions: 6
She still hasn’t responded to many if any comments on that video about her uni experience, she has piss easy work (no offence) and runs off because she’s in love, just you know as Germany goes into full lockdown, she needs to not come back for Christmas if this was her plan! Also how safe is it to go some where really far with someone you’ve barely known?

Reactions: 9
LoVe iS fUN yOU gUyS. So is saying duck you to pandemic rules and basic common sense, by traveling whenever it tickles your fancy and parking your arse in coffeeshops as you sip you home-made coffee because paying for your time there is for the plebs. Covid is other people's problem, she has the power of manifestation and LoVe on her side.

Reactions: 17
Now who do we think she’s in love with? Female? Male? Flat mate? Internet person? Herself?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
as a native English speaker, her choice of words on her assignments & ig are just so over the top, flowery and out of context. like someone already said here, its like people who use fancy words on their essays to sound more intelligent but it comes off as the opposite. People who write their essays like this definitely fail, at least at my university our profs have told us many times not to write our essays like that

i also can't imagine someone dating her seriously with how she acts on social media alone especially with how she reacted with her first break up

Now who do we think she’s in love with? Female? Male? Flat mate? Internet person? Herself?
im guessing internet person because she made it sound like she wouldn't see this person again once her semester in berlin was done but also im thinking that means she was running around even more during lockdown restrictions to meet this person

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
LoVe iS fUN yOU gUyS. So is saying duck you to pandemic rules and basic common sense, by traveling whenever it tickles your fancy and parking your arse in coffeeshops as you sip you home-made coffee because paying for your time there is for the plebs. Covid is other people's problem, she has the power of manifestation and LoVe on her side.
I wish she had posted that as a normal instagram post not a story, as I would love to see her other followers response to the breaking of lockdown rules. A lot of them never call her out on any of the Minerva bullshit, but I feel like many more would say something when she so obviously ignores the pandemic.

Reactions: 10
I wish she had posted that as a normal instagram post not a story, as I would love to see her other followers response to the breaking of lockdown rules. A lot of them never call her out on any of the Minerva bullshit, but I feel like many more would say something when she so obviously ignores the pandemic.
I feel like that’s why she’s done it, she’s a coward!

I find her neuroscience assignment very weird. She found research papers and had to come up with a new research proposal. Okay fair enough that's all good. But then to write their own full research paper off a question with no results? That's not very good for science, because so often you have unexplained results and have to come up with new hypothesis to explain it. Even for a second year science lab things go wrong and you'd have to explain how to improve accuracy of results for example.
AGREED. I used to study sciences at university and we did similar projects but it was more along the lines of a literature review (a comprehensive look at the scholarship) or a meta-analysis of the academic scholarship. I had done a couple of assignments where you would write a research proposal to do a literature review/meta-analysis...but like...there was never anything experimental going on and the paper would be formatted in the "scientific" way (abstract, question, methods, data, discussion, conclusion) but you weren't testing for a hypothesis or anything of that nature. i'd be inclined to say that she was doing a literature review rather than an actual experiment or hypothesis testing. seems to me that her explanations of assignments are very over-exaggerated...

Do you all think Jade actually reads these forums sometimes? I reckon we really have some *casual magic* going on in here.

Reactions: 1
Also, who is surprised she chose Disney and Pixar? Minerva has a weird obsession with those two companies lmao. I would have thought that people studying business would have made the effort to do at least a tiny bit of research into less obvious companies.

Also, who is surprised she chose Disney and Pixar? Minerva has a weird obsession with those two companies lmao. I would have thought that people studying business would have made the effort to do at least a tiny bit of research into less obvious companies.
I don’t want to defend her but I did business in uni and Disney and Pixar were mentioned ALOT in my course, I never really realised it until you just said

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.