Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
two words...capitalist pig
Remember that cringe video where a friend is playing a guitar (IIRC) and someone shouts something like "duck capitalism", such a joke when all they are being prepared for is working in business

Reactions: 10
Isn’t Berlin about to go into a strict lockdown and Jade is here crossing borders into Switzerland for a bit of fun? Is she still planning to then fly to the UK after this, and then Korea, all within about a month? I cancelled my UK holiday from one city to another because the other city was in a lower tier, so I didn’t want to risk spreading it. Yet Jade is out here flying and crossing international borders like there’s no pandemic, it’s infuriating.
I’m pretty sure it went into the strict lockdown two days ago? And I’m the same as you, I was meant to go to London to visit my family (outside not in their house) yesterday but I cancelled because London went into tier 3 and I didn’t want to bring it back. I’m sick and tired of Jade’s privilege- I haven’t seen my family in a year because they live in London and Greece, yet Jade is able to go travelling across Europe when she had the choice to stay in the UK and is now jetting off to South Korea. It’s one rule for them another for us. Just because Minerva is a “global university” it shouldn’t give you any more entitlement or special privilege to travel in a pandemic yet they act like it does. Now she’s gone to Switzerland just for fun. She should have stayed in London.

Reactions: 12
Jade: stresses that she has a ton of assignments to do
Also Jade: lemme just✨💫go on a road trip✨💫
she has more social life than anyone I know/knew during exam periods at "normal" unis.. not to mention the travelling in a pandemic. I hope Germany don't let her back in :LOL:

Reactions: 13
Isn’t Berlin about to go into a strict lockdown and Jade is here crossing borders into Switzerland for a bit of fun? Is she still planning to then fly to the UK after this, and then Korea, all within about a month? I cancelled my UK holiday from one city to another because the other city was in a lower tier, so I didn’t want to risk spreading it. Yet Jade is out here flying and crossing international borders like there’s no pandemic, it’s infuriating.
Lockdown measures in Germany started on December 16th. What the duck Jade.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Lockdown measures in Germany started on December 16th. What the duck Jade.
Ah thanks to you and Peterbread for correcting me. Does anyone know what the German restrictions on travel atm out of interest? Especially international travel like Jade is doing

Reactions: 2
Why the duck is she travelling?

I had to stay distant to the person I'm seeing the last time I saw them because they got tested so they could go home for Christmas just incase I was asymptomatic. Why the hell does she think she's above any distancing, travel or lockdown rules?

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Her assignments sound very... basic for any uni. Like, I'm not exactly sure why anyone would care what her assignments actually are because we have our own tit to do if we're in education, and Christmas time seems extremely busy. A level students are probably studying for their mocks, uni students are probably doing assignments/studying for exams/doing catch up. The whole story just seems very pointless and in no way shows anything 'special' about Minerva.

As for the travelling, it's irresponsible and I do question why you would go on a get away with someone when you weren't committed to the idea of long distance to begin with - I'm guessing this is the case due to her 'finite time'. Unless she's looking for something casual, and I personally cannot see Jade making those sort of moves online since that still seems to be a slightly taboo subject.

Edit:
Also the whole 'upperclassmen' thing on her IG lol. Minerva is basically made for rich kids, so I'm 80% sure that she has met people who have a wealthy background and good connections. Also, the whole thing once again ignores the huge class divides in places like this - sometimes it's very hard for working class people to overcome those class barriers and make connections with people who have such different experience of life to them.
ALSO JADE, your dad is pretty high up in the MLM market and I'm a 100% sure he knows people even if they're shady. She would definitely qualify as one of those 'upperclassmen'

Her assignments sound very... basic for any uni. Like, I'm not exactly sure why anyone would care what her assignments actually are because we have our own tit to do if we're in education, and Christmas time seems extremely busy. A level students are probably studying for their mocks, uni students are probably doing assignments/studying for exams/doing catch up. The whole story just seems very pointless and in no way shows anything 'special' about Minerva.

As for the travelling, it's irresponsible and I do question why you would go on a get away with someone when you weren't committed to the idea of long distance to begin with - I'm guessing this is the case due to her 'finite time'. Unless she's looking for something casual, and I personally cannot see Jade making those sort of moves online since that still seems to be a slightly taboo subject.
And I might be nitpicking hmeone new? Like I only met the same three people in the last months (as in hung out enough to have at least a friendship)... Idk, seems strange to me

Reactions: 7
I said this on Dinara’s thread when she decided the best response to London being in lockdown was taking a holiday for Scotland, and I’m saying it again!

I’m so so tempted to report these idiots who are flouting the rules and travel guidelines to Minerva, but I’m sceptical their “university” would take the complaint seriously

• Heart
I find her neuroscience assignment very weird. She found research papers and had to come up with a new research proposal. Okay fair enough that's all good. But then to write their own full research paper off a question with no results? That's not very good for science, because so often you have unexplained results and have to come up with new hypothesis to explain it. Even for a second year science lab things go wrong and you'd have to explain how to improve accuracy of results for example.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m tempted to send articles of how bad the epidemic is in Germany and Switzerland... she’s an idiot for travelling.

Also, maybe her new “love” is one of her housemates? I can’t really see how she’s managed to develop a relationship with someone new in these times?

Also the whole 'upperclassmen' thing on her IG lol. Minerva is basically made for rich kids, so I'm 80% sure that she has met people who have a wealthy background and good connections. Also, the whole thing once again ignores the huge class divides in places like this - sometimes it's very hard for working class people to overcome those class barriers and make connections with people who have such different experience of life to them.
ALSO JADE, your dad is pretty high up in the MLM market and I'm a 100% sure he knows people even if they're shady. She would definitely qualify as one of those 'upperclassmen'
I could be wrong but I'm assuming she means people in the years above her? It's more of an American thing to call them 'upperclassmen'.

DO IT. PLS
I’m very tempted, but I’m not sure if that violates and form of forum rules? A couple sites and subreddits I use have rules against contacting “influezers” or breaking the fourth wall, I don’t want to overstep any boundaries

I’m tempted to send articles of how bad the epidemic is in Germany and Switzerland... she’s an idiot for travelling.

Also, maybe her new “love” is one of her housemates? I can’t really see how she’s managed to develop a relationship with someone new in these times?
she talked about joining online dating... maybe that's it

Reactions: 6
I could be wrong but I'm assuming she means people in the years above her? It's more of an American thing to call them 'upperclassmen'.
Her comments about Linkedin made me think it's definitely people with some good connections

I find her neuroscience assignment very weird. She found research papers and had to come up with a new research proposal. Okay fair enough that's all good. But then to write their own full research paper off a question with no results? That's not very good for science, because so often you have unexplained results and have to come up with new hypothesis to explain it. Even for a second year science lab things go wrong and you'd have to explain how to improve accuracy of results for example.
I came here to say this too, how can you do a scientific paper with no experiments/lab work? none of these assignments make any sense, and I would be pissed if I was working (presumably on something like minimum wage) in a cafe and had to answer the innsane questions of some deluded uni student :rolleyes: I wonder what would happen if the company refused to participate?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I came here to say this too, how can you do a scientific paper with no experiments/lab work? none of these assignments make any sense, and I would be pissed if I was working (presumably on something like minimum wage) in a cafe and had to answer the innsane questions of some deluded uni student :rolleyes: I wonder what would happen if the company refused to participate?
But guys, the cafe are good because they pay their staff more than minimum wage!!!!!

I know Berlin is very international but all I could think about when I read her stories was how irritated I would be if a deluded privileged student like Jade came in and started asking me all sorts of questions in English, simply assuming the staff/cafe would A) have time for her during a pandemic and B) speak good enough English to assist with her project

I wonder if Minerva has deals with some of the businesses for that. Essentially sponsoring them in some way or promising them a customer base from their students (extra points if it's a cafe!). I imagine it's especially attractive for local businesses or student-run projects, especially with impacts of COVID.

Reactions: 3
As a PhD student that's actually really infuriating.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.