Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When my binge-eating disorder was at its worst and I was at my heaviest weight, I remember Jade's 'body-positive' comments making me feel 100x worse and it's comments like that that triggered me into a super restrictive eating disorder. Seeing as I was significantly bigger than she was at that point, all I could think was 'if she thinks those tummy rolls are bad, mine must be absolutely atrocious' (not to mention, doesn't almost everyone have stomach rolls when they sit in an extremely odd position and pinch their skin like mad?? lol.). She's coming from a good place, but she acts so irresponsibly sometimes and needs do be so careful with what she puts out there, especially to young impressionable viewers.

Same with minerva - if she want to make her own mistakes, that's fine - it's her life. But what's not fine is raving about such a problematic university, potentially inspiring a number of young naive viewers to also go there because they take her word as gospel. The idea that some people might end up at Minerva because of Jade actually saddens me, because that place is just objectively toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
When my binge-eating disorder was at its worst and I was at my heaviest weight, I remember Jade's 'body-positive' comments making me feel 100x worse and it's comments like that that triggered me into a super restrictive eating disorder. Seeing as I was significantly bigger than she was at that point, all I could think was 'if she thinks those tummy rolls are bad, mine must be absolutely atrocious' (not to mention, doesn't almost everyone have stomach rolls when they sit in an extremely odd position and pinch their skin like mad?? lol.). She's coming from a good place, but she acts so irresponsibly sometimes and needs do be so careful with what she puts out there, especially to young impressionable viewers.

Same with minerva - if she want to make her own mistakes, that's fine - it's her life. But what's not fine is raving about such a problematic university, potentially inspiring a number of young naive viewers to also go there because they take her word as gospel. The idea that some people might end up at Minerva because of Jade actually saddens me, because that place is just objectively toxic.
i wonder if anyone dods sign up based on her recommendation? seems unlikely based on the latest video comments lol

Reactions: 3
Realistically, only a tiny proportion of her followers could even think about attending Minerva. I had a poke around their website and the way they justify their fees is ... interesting, and their financial support for those who can’t afford it is pretty much non-existent. It’s a uni for the very wealthy and that won’t be 99% of her followers. That’s partly the issue though isn’t it, in that it doesn’t really matter whether Minerva provides a good or effective education because most of the kids attending will come from a background that’ll be able to rectify any deficit. Dodgy degree? No problem, your family contacts will get you an internship with a FTSE100 company anyway.

Reactions: 9

hope you are doing better now- I did think this when I saw her post this sort of content- she posted a whole igtv video about wearing this dress and being like "embrace your imperfections"- girl? not having a completely fat stomach is not an "imperfection"- it's normal

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She must get compensated from Minerva for her videos, either in reduced fees or otherwise. Or maybe she just feels guilty about thinking anything negative about it (because she must be such a positive✨ gal all the time) and has to justify spending so much money on such a crappy online university that doesn't grade normally to both herself and the people that have stuck with her since A levels.

Reactions: 8
I think they definitely get paid because of the stuff that they all say whenever they talk about it. They may as well be following a script.
It also makes sense from a business point of view. If they're such a good school, they shouldn't need to advertise themselves publicly, so these 'influencers' are really good to spread the word.

i
She must get compensated from Minerva for her videos, either in reduced fees or otherwise. Or maybe she just feels guilty about thinking anything negative about it (because she must be such a positive✨ gal all the time) and has to justify spending so much money on such a crappy online university that doesn't grade normally to both herself and the people that have stuck with her since A levels.
definitely think both her an Dinara are compd in some way, even when they say something obkjectively awful they always follow it with a positive, it owuld be strange (IMO) for a uni with a tiny cohort to have 2 very highly subscribed youtubers

Reactions: 4
i wonder if anyone dods sign up based on her recommendation? seems unlikely based on the latest video comments lol
I've seen comments that some followers applied and didn't get in and were sad but also i saw someone comment recently they got in but decided to take a gap year because covid happened. So she has definitely influenced her young followers to apply but also people did complain that they couldn't afford it but wish they could. I once saw a ridiculous comment from a med student asking if they could transfer to minerva on one of her first few uni videos.

I think they definitely get paid because of the stuff that they all say whenever they talk about it. They may as well be following a script.
It also makes sense from a business point of view. If they're such a good school, they shouldn't need to advertise themselves publicly, so these 'influencers' are really good to spread the word.
Last month I read an article on minervas website and one sentence read "minerva is different" and I was like wow haven't I heard that before

Last edited:
  • Wow
She’s gone mega quite since that video? I do hope she is actually okay

Reactions: 5
I'm pretty sure it's Minerva's equivalent to 'finals week' at the moment, where all the final assignments are due before Christmas. I imagine it's probably that, combined with a potentially stressful move back to the UK.

Reactions: 1
She hasn't posted anything on her Instagram in a while. As much as I dislike her, I do hope she's okay. I think she clearly needs some media training and needs to learn how to read the room, especially with things like body positivity.

Reactions: 9
Jade: stresses that she has a ton of assignments to do
Also Jade: lemme just✨💫go on a road trip✨💫

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This may be me misinterpreting what she's saying, but did she have to tell the company how to find solutions to their problems? As in, imagine a 'university' student with surface level knowledge interviewing you about your company and telling you how to improve it? Wow.

Edit: It wont let my post the screenshot for whatever reason but if you look at her instagram story it is the one about 'choosing a Berlin startup'

Reactions: 8
Welp, Jade’s been seeing somebody for a couple weeks/months max, so excited for her to start acting like an expert on love and dating

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Isn’t Berlin about to go into a strict lockdown and Jade is here crossing borders into Switzerland for a bit of fun? Is she still planning to then fly to the UK after this, and then Korea, all within about a month? I cancelled my UK holiday from one city to another because the other city was in a lower tier, so I didn’t want to risk spreading it. Yet Jade is out here flying and crossing international borders like there’s no pandemic, it’s infuriating.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.