Unjaded Jade #3 All about casual magic because her real life is tragic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah no way they would give it such a normal name as "club", probably something like "cultural enrichment group". side note I would LOVE to see what her creative writing style would be having seen how awful her normal writing is..
I think they should call them “Culturally Unified New Talent Scheme” 🤪🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ve been reading up on all of the Florence Given drama (Basically took the idea for her book from Chidera, a black woman, as well as basically being white washed feminism under the guise of trying to be inclusive, and put out a statement that didn’t make any apology just defending herself)
I wasn’t surprised to see Jade follows her on Instagram and likes the posts such as “maybe I’m too much maybe my abundance just reminds you that you’re lacking” and “don’t worry about being understood by others when you are growing. Just grow” 🧐🙄🙄
Just more of Jades usual bullsh*t

Don’t think I explained the Florence Given situation very well but if you want to know more about that just search her name on Twitter and it’s clearer, and Chidera’s Twitter is @theslumflower

Reactions: 7
A bit off topic, but has anyone else seen ads floating around for the London Interdisciplinary School? I've had a few crop up for me on YouTube and my first thought was "holy crap, Minerva but London!" Might be jumping to conclusions though.

Reactions: 3
TW: Mention of mental health issues (no detail given, but just a warning)

Jade is a textbook example of a privileged, middle-class girl thinking she's got the right to preach because one negative thing happened to her (oxford rejection) and she travelled to some third world countries and became a white saviour. I'm not doubting that she's had struggles in her life - we all have, and it's not my place to assume - but the constant 'positivity' posts, always talking about the oxford rejection because it 'helps' people and the general snobbiness is just so nauseating. As someone who has dealt with some awful mental health issues recently, it's so sickening to see her thinking that 'casual magic' will make it all better. When you can't get out of bed everyday and are having to constantly ask for extensions on assignments, or are barely able to eat because of bad body image, you do not need someone pinching their rolls going 'i'm so happy that i love myself due to casual magic'.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's that insidious way that privileged people show off, without openly boasting. She's stealth boasting.

Jade: Rejection from Oxford isn't so bad, I'm so ✨blessed✨ to have the opportunity to do these ✨casually magical✨ things at Minerva!

Doesn't mention that she's very rich and wouldn't be able to do it otherwise.

Jade: I'm embracing my ✨curves✨!

Doesn't mention that she's tall, slim and conventionally attractive. Etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Tbh don't know how she can be expected to say that without everybody coming for her for boasting for her looks.
it is a bit of a vicious circle. like if she admits she's conventionally attractive then she'll be slaughtered but at the same time like, she knows it, we know it, and her body positivity (along with all her other shitting positivity) is so staged and sickening. everyone sees their body differently, but she knows that she's conventionally attractive and a fat, non-white, disabled woman isn't going to have the same privilege as she is. she can pinch her rolls and it's cutesy and uplifting but if someone who is overweight did that they'd be slammed for presenting an unhealthy lifestyle

Reactions: 10
TW: Mention of mental health issues (no detail given, but just a warning)

Jade is a textbook example of a privileged, middle-class girl thinking she's got the right to preach because one negative thing happened to her (oxford rejection) and she travelled to some third world countries and became a white saviour. I'm not doubting that she's had struggles in her life - we all have, and it's not my place to assume - but the constant 'positivity' posts, always talking about the oxford rejection because it 'helps' people and the general snobbiness is just so nauseating. As someone who has dealt with some awful mental health issues recently, it's so sickening to see her thinking that 'casual magic' will make it all better. When you can't get out of bed everyday and are having to constantly ask for extensions on assignments, or are barely able to eat because of bad body image, you do not need someone pinching their rolls going 'i'm so happy that i love myself due to casual magic'.
She's definitely the type of person to say "You're depressed? Well, just stop being depressed, and be happy instead!"

I also feel like she tries to jump on every bandwagon going - and most of the time it's in poor taste and goes out the window after a week. Objectively, she's pretty tall and slim, so calling herself curvy feels like she's insinuating that anyone who's got bigger proportions than her is fat.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
A bit off topic, but has anyone else seen ads floating around for the London Interdisciplinary School? I've had a few crop up for me on YouTube and my first thought was "holy crap, Minerva but London!" Might be jumping to conclusions though.
I've started getting minerva ads on my instagram

from an article on the guardian about minerva. What Jade said about them getting kicked out of the university if they miss a class twice was astounding to me.

Attachments

Reactions: 13

from an article on the guardian about minerva. What Jade said about them getting kicked out of the university if they miss a class twice was astounding to me.
thats a sure fire way to kill any fun or creativity from students.
so much for 'glorious college years'.
Minerva grads are all gonna be paranoid, anti-social, materialistic, tech freaks.
Would not want to employ, I want some flawed, humorous human beings please!

Reactions: 10
I forgot about her until she popped up in the trending page. Last time I watch her she didn’t get into college. What has happened since for her to have a forum about her ?

Reactions: 2
I forgot about her until she popped up in the trending page. Last time I watch her she didn’t get into college. What has happened since for her to have a forum about her ?
she went on her gap year, planning to go to her second choice college (a very good university in the UK). She decided that she didn't want to go there and instead is now at a college in the US which is 100% online (even in non-corona times) where they travel around the world. We're pretty sure this university is either a huge scam or just a way of getting money off young people. She's obsessed with the idea of "casual magic" and acts like she's in a position to give advice to everyone which comes across as very condescending. Also, a few questionable comments have been made, e.g. her referring to white germans as "German Germans" and to black germans as "foreigners"

Reactions: 16
she went on her gap year, planning to go to her second choice college (a very good university in the UK). She decided that she didn't want to go there and instead is now at a college in the US which is 100% online (even in non-corona times) where they travel around the world. We're pretty sure this university is either a huge scam or just a way of getting money off young people. She's obsessed with the idea of "casual magic" and acts like she's in a position to give advice to everyone which comes across as very condescending. Also, a few questionable comments have been made, e.g. her referring to white germans as "German Germans" and to black germans as "foreigners"
Oh right, thank you for filling me in 😊

Reactions: 1

I actually know Alison and I think this article is probably about Minerva the learning platform-she has absolutely nothing to do with Minerva the university.

Reactions: 2
it is a bit of a vicious circle. like if she admits she's conventionally attractive then she'll be slaughtered but at the same time like, she knows it, we know it, and her body positivity (along with all her other shitting positivity) is so staged and sickening. everyone sees their body differently, but she knows that she's conventionally attractive and a fat, non-white, disabled woman isn't going to have the same privilege as she is. she can pinch her rolls and it's cutesy and uplifting but if someone who is overweight did that they'd be slammed for presenting an unhealthy lifestyle

i think it’d be as easy as saying “i’m generally happy with the way i look but i obviously have some insecurities, i just try to not focus on them and appreciate my body as a whole”. she can be positive about her body without “appropriating” the body posi movement - which i believe should be a platform for other women - and without sounding like she’s bragging about her looks

I actually know Alison and I think this article is probably about Minerva the learning platform-she has absolutely nothing to do with Minerva the university.
Minerva the "university" uses the Minerva learning platform.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.