Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ECH

VIP Member
'Slow travel' hhahah. Nothing about Jade's approach to travel strikes me as in-keeping with slow travel or living. View attachment 2530797

"I didn't realise the extent of the issue". Did Minerva not teach their students how to google or read the papers. Did none of the comments on her previous video and IG posts not sink in?

(and she absolutely has not worked hard!)
'Keen to learn how foreigners can be more mindful'...maybe listen to all the Portuguese people who expressed to you that you shouldn't be moving there because 'digital nomads' are wrecking things for them?

Reactions: 30

londongirl92

Ugh I’m annoyed by her Instagram stories. She’s having a rant about how the queer running club she joined was “full of white men” and she was the only female.

Jade, you’ve come in to a safe, queer, space and jumped straight to assumptions about people. Queer spaces are for people of all genders. Simply because you went in and it didn’t meet your expectations of what it would look like. There’s no need to shit all over it.

There are many femme specific queer running clubs in London. But why not be more positive rather than making this a “pick me” moment? Share that you’ve joined a club, but it wasn’t what you were looking for, ask for recommendation or see if anyone wants to come and join you. Rather than turning this into some “I’m such a strong female for sticking with this” narrative. 🙄

Reactions: 30
View attachment 2907908
View attachment 2907909

More great comments. Wonder when everyone is gonna open their eyes..
---
View attachment 2907915View attachment 2907916

News flash, Jade: not all of us need to travel in order to understand human empathy.

This coupled with the "I didn't know politics" thing..yikes. I feel like she's preaching to her younger self to "get out of your bubble." Literally not everyone is as ignorant or selfish as you lol.
She’s literally wearing a £168 Reformation top in this video (the Paola linen top). She needs to get a grip on reality

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 29

cheesecakes

Jade's latest reel just filled me with so much visceral anger. Why is she acting like this move has been the biggest change of her entire life? Talking about mothering herself and being an "adulting queen" - Jade, you are 24 now, every other 24 year old in this country is doing the exact same stuff as you (except without the sponsored cleaning products, us plebians have to buy those for ourselves).

She's pretending to be a "career gorl" and making a big deal about being an adult like she's not now almost in her mid-twenties and doing... exactly what is expected of a 24 year old. Except for the fact that she's able to live in London without a job, whilst most people her age are struggling to make ends meet if they're lucky enough to not have to stay living with their parents.

I'm sticking around just to watch her inevitable downfall. It must be coming soon right? A serious reality check that makes her realise that she's not special and her life has been surrounded by privilege that she's never addressed or cared about.

Posting videos and photos of herself to talk about Gaza instead of centering any of the victim's narratives or sharing footage to her 324k strong Instagram following. Co-opting people's spiritual beliefs because it's trendy and crystals look cool, when she can't even get her terminology right. Talking about being burnt out after uni when she had the ability to go to her parents' house and go on holiday rather than having to run the capitalist rat race. Crying constantly on camera to show how relatable and quirky she is! She's a Pisces guys!! (I'm also a Pisces and we do NOT claim her.)

I hate this girl so much. I hope I meet her eventually so I can tell her to her face exactly what I think of her.

Edit: also, Jade - crying because you're stressed about moving is NOT a "mental breakdown". How can you claim to be such a kind, compassionate girlie when you trivialise mental health so often and so badly?

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
1712412844090.png

The moment I saw her story about her uni reaching out to her about the deadline to apply I just knew

• Haha
  • Sick

n8459

Chatty Member
My favourite of her “fall poems” will always be when she fell off her bike and wrote “how fitting of me to fall in fall” 💀💀💀

• Haha

Shabbar

Ok. Read a few threads and I think I’m kind of caught up. I’m obsessed

Probably sounds ridiculous to say but she’s like the purest expression I’ve seen of wealthy elites coping with a world in crisis by appropriating all the language of progressivism and doing so in a completely empty way. It’s all such waffle!!

its interesting cause she can put out all this emptiness and platitudes but at the heart she’s just a very rich hollow person and the big issue of wealth disparity and capitalism is like the elephant in the room that she can’t address, so everything is pure vapidity. So she looks like the most ridiculous person to anybody who isn’t like her.
I would seriously love to see her friendships cause my guess is it’s really surface level.
Great content. I despair but wow.

yerdasellsavon

Shave your pits jeez
I'm no fan of Jade and there are plenty of things worth criticising her over, but I just cannot get behind this one. I don't shave my armpits; I haven't done for about three years or so as I found it a faff and I shouldn't have to do it just because it's "expected". I don't care if it grosses people out because it's not their body, and I see no problem with it.

If Jade doesn't want to shave, she shouldn't have to do so. Feel that's that.

• Heart

Chief_Brody

Today's video "Pack with me to move to London" is unsettling. She uses the words mourning and death in reference to her breakup and new changes in her life, which are inappropriate imo (one chapter in the video is titled "death of me in my childhood home." WTF?!)
Couldn't watch the whole video as I felt as though I was watching someone on the cusp of a major breakdown. I hope I'm wrong but she is in desperate need of stability and dare I say it, normality in her life.

Reactions: 28

justonemorepage

VIP Member
She is so out of touch. Telling people to book holidays/flights in a cost of living crisis when the cost of flights and holidays has shot up since the pandemic. Yeh I'll get right on that, jade. Fucking hell. I can barely afford a holiday in this country since most places want to charge £100 per night.

missmina

VIP Member
Can I ask, what's the "banana legs model" pose? I think I know but I'm not sure. Also, I follow a few vintage fashion accounts and the poses they strike and the facial expressions are all the same. It really does my head in! But I'm interested in vintage (especially 60s and 70s) fashion, so I put up with it.
You asked for it
05951F6D-DC59-4036-816C-0820B2707BD4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Mystery07

This is low stakes tea, but I work in HE and today found out my chance that the place I work for doesn't recognise Minerva as equivalent to a UK bachelor's for further study. For reference any regular US bachelor's with a 3.5 GPA is equal to a 2:1 😬

• Haha

Merpedy

VIP Member
Imagine following up a video where you got called out for being ignorant of your privilege with another video in which you say something to the effect of “I went on a gap year around Europe and studied abroad in 6 countries”

…it’s really a choice

• Haha

ECH

VIP Member
jade uploads videos here and there, galavants around cafes, takes holidays after 2 weeks of her first "remote" job, moves countries for fun but acts like her exhaustion is on the same level as the 9-5 girlies
I'm sick of YouTubers complaining about how exhausting it is to post online when they chose this life for themselves. Some of us had no choice but to get an office job staring at screens all day.

• Heart

lespotins

Eh, the whole point Jade is making is really unconvincing tbh. I never remember anyone explicitly explaining to me the difference between right vs left wing, nor was my family particularly political. It's just one of those things that you come across over time and gradually get to know the meaning of, just by being interested in the world around you. I know people that left school at 16 who were more than able to keep up with political discussions. Blaming her education/family is a shitty take when in reality it all boils down to ignorance and a lack of interest in the world around her, essentially wilfully living in a bubble.

Reactions: 27

mindlessness

VIP Member
I was in a Waterstones branch this week when a young couple marched right in. He proceeded to film her while she wandered along the shelves looking pensive, stopped to pick up a book to show the camera, put it down and carried on. Another customer got in their shot so they had to move to another part of the store to continue making content. It was very cringeworthy and reminded me of Jade/Ruby/Jack and all that lot.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27