Unjaded Jade #14 she's not like other gorls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone watch the latest video "my brother goes to an untraditional university too"? is it just me that thinks folk turned out the way he did because he had jade as a role model? personality aside, he had amazing grades and got into a great university and threw it away to follow in jades footsteps of gap year/untraditional university.
It's really common for people who come from privileged backgrounds to take unnecessary risks. They can afford to go to a university that is largely not respected because they're not getting degrees to be able to get a job.

Reactions: 23
I love how she points out that he got into Minerva and says "smart boy" - I wonder how these geniuses explain how two siblings both managed to get into a university that supposedly has a 1% acceptance rate and is harder to get into than Harvard, yet somehow didn't get accepted into other elite universities. Not quite smart enough to figure out that conundrum I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
anyone watch the latest video "my brother goes to an untraditional university too"? is it just me that thinks folk turned out the way he did because he had jade as a role model? personality aside, he had amazing grades and got into a great university and threw it away to follow in jades footsteps of gap year/untraditional university.
I’m watching it now with a coffee and cinnamon scroll. Some light entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm just 2 minutes in to the vlog with Folk, he made a comment about getting in to minerva but prioritising his mental health , another indication of how awful it is

Reactions: 6
See, I don't think Fox is the way he is because of Jade. Jade and Fox are both the way they are because of their parents. It's generational delulu vibes.

Reactions: 11
Why waste money and time to apply to a place you know you won't go to, because you saw how stressed it made your sister? weird

Reactions: 8
do they do sibling discounts at mond
I'm just 2 minutes in to the vlog with Folk, he made a comment about getting in to minerva but prioritising his mental health , another indication of how awful it is
do they do sibling discounts like they do at some private schools / more likely to get a place in an elite state school ?
also who manages jades student loans? is it student finance england?
wonder what minervas interest rate is on loans?
hmmmmmm reckon its suuuuper hiiiigh.....

Reactions: 1
do they do sibling discounts at mond

do they do sibling discounts like they do at some private schools / more likely to get a place in an elite state school ?
also who manages jades student loans? is it student finance england?
wonder what minervas interest rate is on loans?
hmmmmmm reckon its suuuuper hiiiigh.....
She definitely wouldn't have got it through SFE considering her uni is based in America. If she's got loans, they're private ones.

Reactions: 2
Tbh I think that the reason why Jade was so overwhelmed was because she grew up in the UK. Both systems have their pros and cons, but in the UK there are fewer assignments due throughout the year that count towards your final grade and most UK universities don't track your attendance for a grade, so I think Jade was struggling to get used to the different system. Most US universities aren't crazy about attendance but Minerva is far from the only US university where if you miss more than a few classes you automatically fail or have your grade drastically changed. Even at my university, it was at the discretion of the professors and I had a music TA for keyboarding (like the piano) that if you had more than 2 absences she dropped your grade by an entire letter grade regardless of how you performed. It seemed very wild to me because this was just a general education class for non-music majors so I really don't understand what all the fuss was about. I don't think Minerva was all that rigorous compared to other US universities the way that Jade is making it seem.

Reactions: 2
Nah Jade basically went to crappy scam uni and her embarassed self was trying to make it seem harder and more serious than it actually was

Reactions: 9
I love how she points out that he got into Minerva and says "smart boy" - I wonder how these geniuses explain how two siblings both managed to get into a university that supposedly has a 1% acceptance rate and is harder to get into than Harvard, yet somehow didn't get accepted into other elite universities. Not quite smart enough to figure out that conundrum I guess.
Lmaooo I cannot believe she still thinks acceptance to Minerva indicates smarts; I do wonder if she’s lying to herself to keep up the farce or if it’s humanly possible to be so deluded

Hey squad, now all these influencers suck or have stopped vlogging, I’m looking for reccs on people who are at uni who vlogged like Eve Cornwell! I loved her motivation/honesty. I’m writing my research thesis this year and want videos like her ones to watch

Reactions: 3
Hey squad, now all these influencers suck or have stopped vlogging, I’m looking for reccs on people who are at uni who vlogged like Eve Cornwell! I loved her motivation/honesty. I’m writing my research thesis this year and want videos like her ones to watch
You liked Eve Cornwell’s “motivation and honesty”? She was honestly one of the worst of the lot. Patronising, trying to make coffee her personality, and all around bad vibes. Got a place in a Magic Circle firm probably just to prove she could do it, then gave up after a year.

Reactions: 18
You liked Eve Cornwell’s “motivation and honesty”? She was honestly one of the worst of the lot. Patronising, trying to make coffee her personality, and all around bad vibes. Got a place in a Magic Circle firm probably just to prove she could do it, then gave up after a year.
Agree here I think you may have been taken in by her @Fastgirl154 (I don't blame you she one of the more sneaky ones when it comes to this but I realised long ago she is a full on bleep). Eve Cornwell fits squarely in to what we all hate here.

Reactions: 3
Baha lol, that was a poor choice of words, I made it sound like I loved her a lot more than I meant it. I definitely had the wool over my eyes when I first watched her - I did like the fast paced vlog style with lots of study clips. Just looking for something that mirrors that.

Her weird money grabbing coffee club thing was my awakening to everything though

Reactions: 4
Baha lol, that was a poor choice of words, I made it sound like I loved her a lot more than I meant it. I definitely had the wool over my eyes when I first watched her - I did like the fast paced vlog style with lots of study clips. Just looking for something that mirrors that.

Her weird money grabbing coffee club thing was my awakening to everything though
I haven't come across any recently, I think the old group of vloggers have started to fizzle out and it seems like new students are doing instagram and tiktok instead. I haven't come across many doing what I call proper vlogs on Youtube these days.

At least Eve Bennett realised it was time to step away at the right time.

I haven't come across any recently, I think the old group of vloggers have started to fizzle out and it seems like new students are doing instagram and tiktok instead. I haven't come across many doing what I call proper vlogs on Youtube these days.

At least Eve Bennett realised it was time to step away at the right time.
They fizzle out because their content and following was about studying and going through GCSEs, A Levels, University etc. They've all reached the end of that now so their relevance to that market is gone. Eve Bennett bless her was clearly the most intelligent and genuine of the lot of them and she had the ability to recognise that and move on. I genuinely like her and am really pleased for her that she seems to have started on a proper career which is not what you can say for the rest of these study tube losers like Jade, Ruby Granger, Eve Cornwell etc.

Reactions: 22