Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
In her latest video she says she knows a bit of Mandarin 😭 As someone who has been studying Mandarin for 3 years and would also say I know 'a bit of' Mandarin.... this hurt me a little. At least she's not claiming to be fluent like she did with German and Spanish, I guess...

• Haha
Reactions: 24

curlysue123

And why is she still making tiktoks about how she was called the teachers pet and put her hand up too many times? Seriously nobody should be holding onto their school years after the first few months of uni at most. I seriously can't take this "i love learning / studying / education" seriously when she made the worst educational choice by choosing an institution like minerva it just doesn't add up. She had other choices of brilliant universities to attend in the UK.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I really get that vibe off her and you know that she makes herself more cultural by going 'I have a [fill in the gap] friend,' and it makes her an expert on the culture etc.

She has always really bothered me over the last few years and I am not sure why, I don't know if it is the fact that she tries to act like she is a very enlightened being because of Minerva and since she has lived in all these countries. It is very much like those posh gap year people who act like they are an expert on the culture and the world since they've left the UK and only speak about the gap year.
Minerva is basically a four-year gap year and you’ll never convince me otherwise.

• Haha

Merpedy

VIP Member
Her yearly stuff about results is giving me Jeremy Clarkson and his U grades vibes... only like the MLM version of it?

"I didn't get into my dream uni but now I'm at this totally legit and respected uni called Minerva! [insert totally real admission stats here]"

• Haha

highlighter2005

Ask and yee shall recieve! around 11:55

Picture proof in case she ever comes to her senses and deletes/ privates the vid:
View attachment 1568493

The way she says it is so hilarious too. Like the CEO of BP would be super honoured to talk with her and she's offering him a one in a lifetime opportunity. "I really want to take this guy on like a retreat with ME" and "we can be besties✌." Her ego really knows no bounds.
Imagine thinking you can convince the CEO of BP to be more ethical when you can't convince your dad to stop running a pyramid scheme ahahah

• Haha
  • Heart

mooncat

Ahh casual magic sounds like those Karen’s who tell you “depression is just in your head!! You have to appreciate how great your life is, that’s going to cure you !!!!!111!!!one1

• Haha
  • Sick

Larancia

Why can't things like this remain a cute private moment between friends? Oops sorry I forgot we need to be reminded that she has a Vietnamese friend
She can not just say "letter for my friend" she has to say something, anything to remind the audience how "world citizen" she is.

The little mermaid makes her re-appreciate nature and oceans?? Wasn’t that entire movie filmed against a green screen? She’ll say anything to make us think she cares about nature and the environment lol

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

HollyLeaf

Loving the comments underneath the video pointing out that traditional unis do all the things Minervans think make them special. Like reading before class. And contributing to discussions. Or studying abroad.

I doubt Minervans will ever admit they've been brainwashed and that they're not special. Their incredibly expensive university experience is average at best.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I never took biology in high school (the extent of my knowledge is the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell), but menopause? As a woman with social media and connections in the real world and working eyes and a working brain, I don't think menopause is an ~unknown casual magic~ or whatever she deems it to be. It's like she just figured out the concept of capitalism is a thing. What's next, oMG gUyS wE livE in A SocieTY!!!?.
It’ll be wild when she works out what an MLM is.

• Haha

inyo

VIP Member
MONTHS to recover from uni? The epitome of privilege.

If they don't already have a job lined up, most people are lucky to even be able to take the weeks off between the end of assessments and graduation before they need to start jobhunting.

Oh gawd, she has done a story talking about her Gap Yah. She really recommends taking a Gap Yah for all the cliche reasons and talks about how amazing it was.

Jade, not everyone is in the position to travel the world like you did. It costs a fortune, even backpacking. I am sick of travellers who insist everyone can do it like they did.

I only managed to travel because my parents let me live at home rent free. I am extremely privileged, and I know how lucky I am for that.

It is so insensitive to brag about taking a Gap Yah travelling and telling everyone they MUST do it. Especially with the state of the economy now, and the eye watering uni fees. She really is so tone deaf.

She shoehorns in that she was head girl at the time, and said NO head girl at her school had ever taken a Gap Yah before. I don't believe that for a second. Again, trying to be so different and special.

Also mentioned being rejected from Oxford again, but she refuses to say the name. Like Oxford is Voldmort. She really is a brat.
We’re probably past this line of conversation by now but I hate it when people talk about gap years like that too. I’m on one right now, things are pretty good, but dear LORD do you need a lot of privilege to travel. It’s cheaper than you think, but it’s definitely not cheap. My big trip is around East Asia, hostels only etc and it’s going to cost around £4000, most people simply DO NOT have that lying around, even if they worked for a few years in school and college. Jade did multiple trips in her gap year, based on my own knowledge of planning such trips I’m guessing it cost at least £20,000, probably closer to £30,000, I’m privileged enough and I don’t have anywhere near that much.

montroseee

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, who is her content actually being aimed at? It feels to me she’s just throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks and you can see it on her viewcount on YouTube, 2 years ago she was hitting a minimum of 150k views per vid, usually way more, and now she’s nowhere near 100k which for someone with 790k subscribers isn’t great 🧐

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
"didn't fact check haha"

The 2 other flat mates are having visa problems that's why they weren't in the video
So she just parrots off information with no critical thinking. How annoyed would you be if you were paying for the accommodation but unable to get there because of visa issues, I bet minerva are no help with this

Reactions: 22

CatCafe234

VIP Member
So she graduated... I wonder what is next.
I noticed on Folk’s Instagram (someone linked to it in his thread, I wasn’t stalking!) that it looks like the whole family flew out for Jade’s graduation. Ah, the ✨CasUal MaGiC✨ of racking up even more airmiles in the name of Jade’s educayshun.

Reactions: 22