Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mooncat

A room with no natural light, jesus. how could you stay long term in a hotel without cooking facilities etc? would be awful
I remember at some point Dinara had a major issue with not having accommodation in Argentina or something didn't she?
She might be exaggerating? I think I saw a window there

Merpedy

VIP Member
I sort of skipped through the new video because it seems awfully boring, but I wonder how they got matched to share or whether it is random? I'm sure there are problems but agreeing on house rules sort of surprised me. I've lived with friends and agreeing and enforcing house rules was basically near impossible and that seems to go for a lot of my other friends also

Just…shut up?
Latin American ain’t dangerous. I’ve been to Guatemala and never had any issues happen to me. Just be wary and stuff and you’ll be fine.

And a way to meet people from outside the bubble of her course/fabs but she's getting lingoda free and being paid for it, I would imagine even if she did in person classes it would be in her contract with them that she definitely cannot talk about it
True. I’ve never thought about that.

emm

VIP Member
Thanks for the Instagram post. Cool that's she's tried it and empanadas :)

In regards to the apartment.. I think they got them a random apartment building but when they moved in it was already furnished. If it's random and doesn't have a laundry that's bad luck but if it is owned by minerva they could've added a laundry machine. I don't know how many roomates she has in the apartment.
Do minerva own the apartments?!

emm

VIP Member
Yeah it was painful to listen to that segment. One of my pet peeves about Jade is the way she reads one book or paper and then thinks she is well-read enough to make 'educational' speeches in her vlogs about a particular topic. e.g. In this vlog she says she keeps up to date with the climate space and reads about "solution finding" - yet she then launches into a painfully basic and un-nuanced explanation of voluntary carbon markets/carbon offsetting.

The author of one of the books she claims she read, Mikaela Loach, is critical of carbon accounting and is very vocal about the fact that we shouldn't be focussing on carbon offsetting - we should be focussed on companies cutting down on emissions in the first place. I'm not convinced she has read the books she claims, and if she has, clearly the message went completely over her head.
What on earth was that segment?! And then going to her using an unreusable mask 🙄

curlysue123

She made a video about going to Taipei but I thought they had to finish their last semester in san Fran? Maybe covid messed it up? But she seems so done with it all. Suppose bullshitting constantly takes it’s time

post uni she’ll be on an MLM for casual magic…. She’ll be launching that app for sure
Can't remember for sure but I think it's just the graduation ceremony that's held in SF

emm

VIP Member
I predict -
she'll transition to some kind of lifestyle vlogger, produce a poorly written book and start a scammy thing like Dinara such as charging her followers for courses on how to take advantage of the casual magic around you. Or something. :LOL: Ofc she's probably not too worried, she's been making plenty from her channel this whole time.
Yeh I agree, some kind of self help type book as opposed to the study guide or whatever the last one was. I can imagine her organising retreats etc. She must have a tonne of money saved considering how much she must be earning from yourube and this endless lingoda publicity

emm

VIP Member
Wasn’t she hinting at releasing a whole video about it at one point? Or mentioning it in a video? I’m guessing it never happened or it happened and there was nothing of substance there

I get the vibe that she would include herself as part of the LGBTQ+ community just for the label tbh
Yes she was! I had.forgotten about that

emm

VIP Member
Gabriel: mentions being rejected from a mentorship programme before finding minerva
Jade: ooofffffffff

girl cannot get over the word "rejection"
I'm just starting to watch this, I don't know why I cannot believe this is almost an hour long

crowleyskeeper1

It's not really suitable for anyone with any kind of health issues (mental or physical) either what with not being able to miss any classes
I'm wondering if that's how minerva gets its accreditation because not only are they fully online, but they tie some of their course outcomes and grades to class discussions. There are some asynchronous degrees in the US, so I don't know, but that's the only benefit I can imagine other than just wanting the program to seem "rigorous"

zheppy

But if this was the case, wouldn’t you just… travel? 😂 I don’t get where Minerva would come into it. there is no reason for this strange institution to exist lol
Yes 100% would just travel but people have more money than sense and just do stupid things

EdwardTattsyrup

It seems that all her academic aspirations were tied to Oxford which makes sense because she liked the idea of being educated and an intellectual, but she doesn't enjoy learning for the sake of learning and she doesn't have any real career aspirations.
What did she apply to study at Oxford?

crowleyskeeper1

It's not really suitable for anyone with any kind of health issues (mental or physical) either what with not being able to miss any classes
I'm wondering if that's how minerva gets its accreditation because not only are they fully online, but they tie some of their course outcomes and grades to class discussions. There are some asynchronous degrees in the US, so I don't know, but that's the only benefit I can imagine other than just wanting the program to seem "rigorous"
Literally she could've gone to an EU university and also funded four years of travel for the same cost as Minerva, and she probably wouldn't have had to share a room doing that
I agree cost-wise Minerva is not a great decision, but you have to remember with traveling to different countries for an extended period of time the hard part isn't necessarily cost, but sorting out visas and housing arrangements. I think one of the only benefits of Minerva is that it takes a lot of the guesswork out of traveling, but as many people have pointed out, that's a rich people problem. I don't know many people who travel as often as Jade or most YouTubers.