Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
Right new video recap

has added any Music she feels like is remotely scottish

her and her mum are like carbon copies of each other, both make weird faces all the time
gifted by visit Scotland 😡
she puts subtitles over when her mum talks!!
I’m not surprised Jade is the way she is when her mum acts like a twit (she’s dancing round on the train and doing like a weird yoga seat pose)

i lasted 7 mins, skipped through it after that, she then does her usual shit about mindfulness etc but is out of touch with reality so yeah

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22

TaurusWithLove

Chatty Member
I started following Jade at the end of 2017 when one of her 5am morning routine videos appeared in my recommendations. She seemed alright back then; we were in the same year group, and her videos helped me stay motivated with my A Level revision.

She seemed a bit lost when she got rejected from Oxford, and I had the vibe she wasn't 100% sure about studying at the Uni of Bristol, so I thought a gap year was a smart move. WRONG! Unfollowed when she revealed the Minerva thing - the whole concept of the institution seemed ludicrous 🤣. I wasn't surprised to hear she didn't follow the rules during the pandemic.

She had a lot of potential and wasted it by attending some airhead 'university'. I don't think she's grown or developed since starting her course at Minerva, she's just more cringe 😬.

Jade is as bad as Ruby - they live in some fantasy world, most likely don't know what it's like to actually struggle given their parents' backgrounds, and won't ever know the meaning of hard work aside from academia. They have an immature approach to life.

Apologies for the rant - I swear I'm okay lmao

renta

did anyone see the poem she put on the newest post on her insta. the final line is "buenos aires is buenos indeed<3" cracked me up after a stressful day, thanks jade

• Haha
So happy that now that she's graduated I'll never have to hear that "Hi I'm Jade and I go to this ✨ super special crazy unique better than any other ✨ university called Minerva" bit at the start of her videos and reels again (unless she can't let it go and will still introduce herself as having attended there)

• Haha

DietGossip

VIP Member
Because it’s not a traditional diss, or even a research project, they have to make a significant contribution to an area
The fact that her scam uni is demanding a bunch of undergrads to "make a significant contribution to an area" is hilarious.

• Haha

GossipGurl69

How did she even get away with going to Switzerland? Were borders not closed?

And then I remember she made a video saying she didn't regret it. Of course she didn't, because she got her booty call and then didn't see how travelling affected other people who were stuck in countries that they don't call home and not being able to see their family because of border closures. She might be pretending to be "woke" and wanting to save the world, but I bet deep down, she's some conservative piece of shit and not even SHE knows it. She's got so many implicit biases (we all do) from who she's grown up around and how she's been raised and her circumstances.

The fact that she lied about the travel as well. I don't think her head was in the right place, with her "love" hormones working overtime.

She is constantly tone deaf and preachy. Yes, her revision advice was good, but I think she should've stopped there. I apologise for saying something of that calibre when I don't really have anything to offer myself, but her online presence since that trip to me has been extra fake ass bullshit.

She glorifies other cultures. German Germans (even if she didn't mean it that way). The comment she made about Africans in Germany. Constantly referring to her roommates according to their cultures, saying it's for SEO to get people from those cultures to watch.

I used to view her as a role model and put her on a pedestal when I was younger. Now I find her insufferable.

• Sad
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
Might be proven wrong, but I don’t think she’s gonna pursue postgrad education. She’s proven she isn’t particularly academic and can’t think critically to save her life. I also don’t think she has shown much interest in a particular area.

My prediction is she will launch her “own” business of some sort, definitely with some kind of greenwashed element to it (and definitely set up with the help of one of these companies that help make influencer brands). Her management will probably encourage her to do this, to make the most of her following while they’re still here.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Did anyone see her brother's post on Instagram? I really didn't like the bit where he said that "I lost my discipline and my masculinity and replaced it with degeneracy and weakness". Feeds into toxic masculinity and just doesn't sit right with me. Unsure if he meant it though.
‘Degeneracy’ is such a buzzword for incel conspiracy theorist types as well atm.
Folkert comes across as genuinely thick imo, does he have his own thread on here?

• Heart

opal73

VIP Member
Feel bad for the roommate who has to listen to Jade's narcissistic rambling about how she's a goddess when she's trying to wind down for the evening. Or really anytime she happens to be in the room.

• Haha

scoobie

VIP Member
Let’s be honest, Jade is exactly the sort of person who would say “have you tried yoga” or “have you tried meditation” to a disabled person. She’s tone deaf and always will be.

LurkTwice

Wow thanks jade for further normalising period pains as a “normal” part of menstruation 😒😒 It’s thoughts like that which have prevented people who menstruate from getting proper investigation from doctors and is quite frankly wildly outdated. My greatest pet peeve is doctors not taking people seriously (coming from personal experience) when they present with complaints of bad period pains and other hormone related problems because it’s a “normal” part of menstruation.

• Heart

renta

I honestly still can't believe her degree is in cognitive science? I know she has mentioned it before but her graduation tt caption just made me aware of it again... Has she ever spoken about any of her classes or assignments that would suggest the content was anything even remotely related to cognitive science?

nothing that i can recall honestly. once again im begging for her to release her thesis/dissertation so we can read it. all the clips in videos where she's doing assignments or minerva work, none of it seemed very detailed? and it was just lots of like, reading through sources and articles. i'd love to get a deeper look at their curriculum

• Haha

EdwardTattsyrup

Having known of her but not of her... adventures, I've just come up from the UnjadedJade rabbit hole. I can't say I understand any of her thought processes w.r.t. turning down Bristol for Minerva?! Even the name 'Minerva' screams 'pretentious scam' (Minerva Tower, anyone?). If she's a dual citizen then she could have easily attended any EU uni. The University of Amsterdam, for example, offers an English-taught Bachelor's in Psychology, which she would have easily gotten into with her grades. Costs around €7k in total - less than one year of UK uni, never mind bloody Minerva!

What's the point of paying all that money to jet around all these countries just to do online learning? It beggars belief. It might make sense if Minerva had partner unis where the students did the learning/attended lectures - but they don't. She might as well have burned all that money.

emm

VIP Member
How could she spend that much on YouTube? She doesn't even post once a week does she?

merwaters

Did anyone see her brother's post on Instagram? I really didn't like the bit where he said that "I lost my discipline and my masculinity and replaced it with degeneracy and weakness". Feeds into toxic masculinity and just doesn't sit right with me. Unsure if he meant it though.

• Sick

xaannaa

I honestly still can't believe her degree is in cognitive science? I know she has mentioned it before but her graduation tt caption just made me aware of it again... Has she ever spoken about any of her classes or assignments that would suggest the content was anything even remotely related to cognitive science?

Reactions: 21

Polishgal

Guys help. I'm usually only a lurker here but I have a distant friend who just shared on his story yesteday that he got accepted to Minerva and I think he wants to go. He's from a rich urban family but Polish richness probably doesn't translate into that much money when compared to an average Minerva student??? Also he's not that smart lmao, he works hard academically but he's also very much a faux intellectual type that Oxbridge wouldn't look twice at. It made me realize that Jade is probably much less intelligent than I used to believe in her a level days. Honestly I'm flabbergasted that anybody from my social circle (ie far from geniuses, just normal Polish young people that happen to be leftwing) is able to get in to Minerva, supposedly so '''elite''' and '''selective''' lmao....

• Wow
  • Haha

fwooper

VIP Member
That climate change section in her last vlog was probably the most delusional I've seen her. So she's putting in an hour of study into it every week but she hasn't come the realisation that the carbon footprint of her university and travels are more than some people in developing countries will emit in their lifetimes? Like, I love travelling as well and am guilty of consumerism, but I just sit and eat my food and don't advertise myself as this super aware and expert person on climate change. Sometimes all you need to do is be quiet and mind your business.
Yeah it was painful to listen to that segment. One of my pet peeves about Jade is the way she reads one book or paper and then thinks she is well-read enough to make 'educational' speeches in her vlogs about a particular topic. e.g. In this vlog she says she keeps up to date with the climate space and reads about "solution finding" - yet she then launches into a painfully basic and un-nuanced explanation of voluntary carbon markets/carbon offsetting.

The author of one of the books she claims she read, Mikaela Loach, is critical of carbon accounting and is very vocal about the fact that we shouldn't be focussing on carbon offsetting - we should be focussed on companies cutting down on emissions in the first place. I'm not convinced she has read the books she claims, and if she has, clearly the message went completely over her head.

• Heart