Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
this latest sponsorship...... wtaf so she has somehow being using a Samsung computer, whilst constantly featuring her mac laptop? yes, very believable. WHY on earth are youtubers paid for this ?! 100% this is the first and last time we see this, regardless of the brand, why would someone who "works" and studies remotely be gifted a desktop computer?!

• Angry
Reactions: 21

slamvs27

VIP Member
So I watched her dissertation video. She calls her dissertation "research" yet never actually talks about proper research (interviews, stat analysis, case studies, observations...) that you can do in social sciences. Her "research" seems to be a lot of reading and analysing articles. That's a litterature review, not actual research.
Bu-but...."I have to write 26 thousand words, which is a lot more than the average undergrad!!!!" #notlikeotherstudents

Jaded mask off, but you make a great point. Isn't she supposed to conduct her own research as opposed to just regurgitating what current research says? Obv you have to contextualize your own work, but don't you have to contribute something NEW to the field lol?

Also I hope she gets enough misplaced confidence to publish that "dissertation" of hers so we can look at it for funsies.
IIRC she leaked her English essay about Yeats in her first year and its standard is waaayyy below the average of a first year English course. Like embarrassingly bad for someone whose first language is English.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Super_Berry

VIP Member
Is it called "backpacking" when you stay in one city, for two nights, and are travelling with a suitcase? lol

View attachment 1516839

probably just wasn't called that because it was pre bologna process but it should be equivalent to one?
Omg I'm so glad someone else spotted solo backpacking. She got the train and stayed for two nights!! By that logic I have solo backpacked in a few different cities this year.

opal73

VIP Member
Hong Kong and Taipei are notorious for overpriced cage homes or shoebox apartments which are essentially tiny primitive flats under 100 square feet or about the size or smaller than a prison cell, so I guess in some sense the Minerva housing situation could be much worse but obviously not ideal for what they're paying. I'm sure Jade is secretly relieved it's her last semester because the experience is so draining. At the end of it all, I don't think she's going to have developed much knowledge of other cultures though. She's stayed in a bubble largely made up of other rich kids. I also agree, she should blur out faces! Not everyone wants to be in your video or story. She has zero self-awareness.

slamvs27

VIP Member
Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 2.19.06 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-06-25 at 2.19.27 PM.png

TLDW:

Never got the appeal of filming yourself while crying/ in a private moment...reeks of narc behaviour.

Why is she experiencing such unstable high high's and low low's? She says she "felt empty" after graduation...yea, that tends to happen when you're busy distracting yourself with academics and friends (remember the time she had to quarantine for a week or so alone and by the second day, she was filming a mental breakdown?) instead of truly looking in the mirror (and no, not just to delude yourself into thinking you're the prettiest fairy in the room) and improving yourself and trying to make a good impact on the world.

The "loss of purpose and identity" section is so sad and concerning. I always saw education as a means to an end, even if I enjoyed the journey and the classes I've had and the people I've met along the way. Her entire identity is "studytuber" or "GORL who showed Oxford University they were wrong!!1!" so now that that's gone, there's nothing there.

Get a job, Jade. Preferably not at an MLM and preferably not anything that'll worsen your impact on the climate more than you already have..

Personally, I've been at uni for 4-5 years as well. In fact, I believe I started at the same time as her (although I refuse to believe we are the same age). While I enjoyed my time there and had a good work-life balance, I'm ready to move on to the next chapter. Most of the people in my circle are also ready to break out of the academic bubble at least for a bit and be an adult. On the other hand, she sounds as scared as someone who's just escaped a cult and got a hard reality-check lol. Maybe that's what she needs instead of a BetterHelp therapist (bit of a sus sponsorship as well, if you ask me).

Lastly, stop making GORL happen. It's not going to happen. The way she says it and rolls her tongue makes my toes curl in pure cringe.

curlysue123

How is she just realizing this now? First of all - basic high school history. Second - didn't she write in her cv motivational letter for an internship in SK that she was interested in learning about Buddhism?
---
and if anyone missed it in her birthday vlog she admitted she's a bit of a narcissist

Attachments

• Wow

Gyvate

So she did think that Minerva was a scam. Just shows how privileged she is to throw thousands of dollars at something she isn't sure about.
I feel like she is also trying to convince herself and everyone else that it wasn't a scam. She's been talking about this aspect more open recently, I think more so than in the past 4 years but I might be wrong. Clearly it's been sitting on her mind.

Attachments

emm

VIP Member
I skipped through it and although she mentions her mum’s struggle with alcohol at the start, it doesn’t seem to be mentioned again. She inevitably moves into a story about, you guessed it, her Oxford rejection.
God she will be turning 40 and STILL mentioning that bloody rejection

• Haha

slamvs27

VIP Member
She said "cognitive science" I think but how do you get a degree in that without access to lab work, field work to conduct studies, etc...
Seems like all she did was read papers written by other people, talk about them over Zoom, then write her own shoddy "research" papers..

Dinara (another Minerva Youtuber grad) said that her "specialization" was something along the lines of "diplomacy" and "designing societies" (lol wtf) so naturally, she thinks she's qualified to work in the UN (seriously, get ur head out of ur ass. If you could work in the UN you would). Judging from her Insta, it looks like she's just doing the "travelling" part of diplomacy...

GossipGurl69

can you give some of us a recap for those who didn’t watch?
So her room tour went like this.

She first showed us her door which a picture of her doing her "seggsy" face, one of her roommate, which was less glaringly obvious and another of the two of them together. She said it was to boost her confidence. Her friend tells her it's giving narcissism and says, "We get it, you love yourself."

She then shows us her tiny room which she is sharing with her friend Phuong (from SF in first year). She put a mirror on the wall opposite the door which goes against the principles of Feng Shui, she says, whilst having a smirk on her face.

She shows us her desk, which is stationed right next to her roomie's desk. How can you study being that close to someone, idk. She shows us her "closet", some drawers and a rail hanging. Lots of clothes that we haven't seen before. So much for minimalism.

Her friend talks about the bathroom situation at Minerva. She doesn't sugar-coat the situation at all even though she doesn't want to ruin Jade's positive vibes. More like glamourising. She says people don't flush the toilets and she has to share a shower with 25 other people. Jade's floor has someone putting poems in the bathrooms. Somehow they've never had to wait in line to take a shower despite having to share with that many people.

And that's all I remember.

• Wow
  • Haha

HollyLeaf

The menopause thing shows she's a clueless idiot but she always has been.

If she'd gone to a normal university she could have had that stability she craves then spent several months a year travelling. She could have learnt a language properly and studied different countries in depth.

I thought she'd at least produce some good travel content over the last few years but it has all been boring self-obsessed ✨casual magic ✨ rubbish that barely touched the surface of each location.

Reactions: 20

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
Why is she acting like it's unusual to tip if you get a takeaway? It's common practice even in the UK. If you can afford a takeaway then you can afford to tip the Deliveroo guy a couple of pounds
I don't think I've ever tipped for a takeaway in my life. I just ordered a Just Eat tonight and delivery and 'service charge' alone was over £5! How much more do they want ffs?

slamvs27

VIP Member
Girl preaches sustainability and takes like 6 plane rides a year. My broke ass who has to walk everywhere is more eco-friendly than her. And I don't preach about how I'm great because I'm vEgaN and CasUallY MagIcCAl.

• Heart