Unjaded Jade #13 The girl who cried oppression

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @hermionewannabe123 for the most-liked title, with 40 likes 🎉

Jade's latest project is a mindfulness app called Tend, which will be financed by..... Her own earnings from her book and YouTube? Her dad's MLM money? Nope - her followers!

If anyone wants to give a more detailed recap feel fee ☺

Reactions: 12
Didn't realize this already started, so just copy pasting my last post here.

I heard people discourage students to opt for German private unis even if one has the funds.
Is this any better?

Perhaps he does not have to worry about jobs if he is planning to work at his dad's company as a product manager.

But, still, how come their parents are chill about them studying in "unconventional" unis like Minerva and CODE?

Reactions: 3
It is at least accredited, that’s something. But private unis are generally not well regarded in Germany. The stereotype is that only people who didn’t get into a public uni or are unable to handle the workload choose private unis. For almost every private uni program there’s a better and cheaper alternative. Especially learning a trade - that used to be the standard route for everyone who wanted more practical, hands-on education, and when you learn a trade in Germany you actually earn money instead of paying money. Unfortunately, private education popped up and started to sell the fake prestige of "university degrees" to young people who don’t know any better and would have been so much better off doing a trade of a normal degree. They also love to sell largely useless degrees for aspirational jobs, so people get an expensive bachelors degree in "sports journalism", "social media and event management" or "video game design" or whatever when those are just careers you‘d work towards.

why anyone‘s parents would pay for all that overpriced and overrated education is beyond me. I

Reactions: 10
Isn't CODE university where Jade's German ex(?) boyfriend went to?! I swear it's the same one, I recognise the name. Weird.

Even though on paper it costs the same as 3 years at a UK university, in real terms it is far more expensive, because at a UK university you get government loans. Whereas Jade's family MLM victims will be paying £10k a year straight up for him to attend this university, and that isn't including accommodation/general living costs.

Also if anyone wants a giggle, it seems like CODE is a laughing stock in Germany:

Reactions: 12
Isn't CODE university where Jade's German ex(?) boyfriend went to?! I swear it's the same one, I recognise the name. Weird.

Even though on paper it costs the same as 3 years at a UK university, in real terms it is far more expensive, because at a UK university you get government loans. Whereas Jade's family MLM victims will be paying £10k a year straight up for him to attend this university, and that isn't including accommodation/general living costs.

Also if anyone wants a giggle, it seems like CODE is a laughing stock in Germany:

Honestly, I can't stand Folk, but it still makes me sad to think he got into unis like UCL and Edinburgh (I forget exactly where he applied to, but he seemed to have some great offers) and he's throwing all of that away for an overpriced uni that's not taken seriously by anyone. He and Jade both got excellent grades, but they surely can't have any critical thinking skills.

• Sad
Reactions: 49
MLMs run strong in their DNA clearly…. That’s why they’ve both ended up at scam unis

• Haha
Reactions: 29
How does Folkert have a Dutch passport? Does he and Jade have a dual citizenship because their mom is Dutch? But they aren't born in The Netherlands?

Reactions: 1
How does Folkert have a Dutch passport? Does he and Jade have a dual citizenship because their mom is Dutch? But they aren't born in The Netherlands?
Usually you can register your birth abroad and get one that way, lots of brits have done it since Brexit

Reactions: 7
They're entitled to be Dutch citizens because their mother is Dutch

Reactions: 13
Right new video recap

has added any Music she feels like is remotely scottish

her and her mum are like carbon copies of each other, both make weird faces all the time
gifted by visit Scotland 😡
she puts subtitles over when her mum talks!!
I’m not surprised Jade is the way she is when her mum acts like a twit (she’s dancing round on the train and doing like a weird yoga seat pose)

i lasted 7 mins, skipped through it after that, she then does her usual tit about mindfulness etc but is out of touch with reality so yeah

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
as a Scot i physically cannot bring myself to watch the new video because I just know it will make me want to wring her neck

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Wow, Jade and her mum are like the exact same person. Jade is like a clone of her mum, personality and looks. Made me laugh watching them do yoga beside each other, literally looked identical

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I haven't suffered through the video yet but I already know there's gonna be some sort of patronizing, colonizing "I JUST DISCOVERED NATURE" spiel in there. And maybe she'll mention that only the Scottish Scottish wear plaid skirts and play bagpipes 24/7?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh gawd, she has done a story talking about her Gap Yah. She really recommends taking a Gap Yah for all the cliche reasons and talks about how amazing it was.

Jade, not everyone is in the position to travel the world like you did. It costs a fortune, even backpacking. I am sick of travellers who insist everyone can do it like they did.

I only managed to travel because my parents let me live at home rent free. I am extremely privileged, and I know how lucky I am for that.

It is so insensitive to brag about taking a Gap Yah travelling and telling everyone they MUST do it. Especially with the state of the economy now, and the eye watering uni fees. She really is so tone deaf.

She shoehorns in that she was head girl at the time, and said NO head girl at her school had ever taken a Gap Yah before. I don't believe that for a second. Again, trying to be so different and special.

Also mentioned being rejected from Oxford again, but she refuses to say the name. Like Oxford is Voldmort. She really is a brat.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Her yearly stuff about results is giving me Jeremy Clarkson and his U grades vibes... only like the MLM version of it?

"I didn't get into my dream uni but now I'm at this totally legit and respected uni called Minerva! [insert totally real admission stats here]"

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Honestly, I can't stand Folk, but it still makes me sad to think he got into unis like UCL and Edinburgh (I forget exactly where he applied to, but he seemed to have some great offers) and he's throwing all of that away for an overpriced uni that's not taken seriously by anyone. He and Jade both got excellent grades, but they surely can't have any critical thinking skills.
Agreed, I imagine JAde had a lot of influence in his choice. Watching her latest video of scotland, this was paid for by the tourist board, shouldn't all her isntaposts have been described as ads? Also I cannot she FLEW to scotland! what a nature lover Jade, we are now drastically seeing the effects of climate change even in the UK and she flies instead of taking the train

Reactions: 18
Her yearly stuff about results is giving me Jeremy Clarkson and his U grades vibes... only like the MLM version of it?

"I didn't get into my dream uni but now I'm at this totally legit and respected uni called Minerva! [insert totally real admission stats here]"
She's so like Jeremy Clarkson, great comparison! She got her grades four years ago now, it's really time for her to let go of Oxford. She just looks salty now.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.