Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I hope Jade realises how lucky she is considering she’s in a nice area. Not everyone is lucky I guess. That’s just the reality of life I guess

Reactions: 2
I’ve been watching a lot of Notion videos recently because I’ve just started using it, I think Jade’s may be the least helpful one I’ve seen.

Merpedy

VIP Member
I’ve been watching a lot of Notion videos recently because I’ve just started using it, I think Jade’s may be the least helpful one I’ve seen.
I've wanted to try Notion a few times but I think I've only ever properly seen it from Jade's advertisements and she's made it look very difficult to navigate and use

Hello! Fellow Argentinian here. Just wanted to comment on jade's videos about buenos aires.

Firstly, she's been extremely lucky not to have her phone or camera stolen when she's been vlogging on the street. It's extremely common to be texting on you phone or in a call and someone rushes past you and grabs it. It's generally advised to not have your phone about the streets. The robbers don't care what kind of phone or camera you have, they will steal if they see a phone and plus Jade who is distracted talking to the camera would be a perfect target. She does mention that people have told her about it. But states she's on a "safe" street. I argue that robbers tend to go to the nicer areas of the city cause they know people have better phones and are more distracted in general.

Ahh hate when people assume just because we are in South America it's hot all year round. She states that even though she knew it was the end of the winter didn't think it would be cold.

Small pet peeve but the cafe García she went to. She didn't write the í with the accent. Small thing but if youre so intent about learning the language it's a small thing to get used to.

Also, she claims to have a transport card but I've only seen her in taxis. Granted the public transport is very hectic and not easy in another language.
Sounds like London about people taking your phone by rushing past.

Says “hola!” I wonder how much Spanish she’s actually used?

Lola123

VIP Member
the courses seem very much minerva esque don't they? "global studies", I could not think of a mroe vague course title if I tried.

I have just seen Jade's latest stories, meditating in a park in BA, I have never been there but I am pretty sure basically closing your eyes and ignoring your belongings is not a good idea in any major city? I definitely wouldn't do this in London
But she’s rich enough to be able to instantly recover her possessions…. So I’m not sure she’s aware enough to care

• Haha

Larancia

“We still need feminism in the uk but did you know women have fewer rights and freedoms in other countries???????”
wow jade, truly groundbreaking. Good to know that overpriced education is worth it
Girly is proudly recreating opresser mindset. I hope this comment is not followed by "a wish to upgrade other countries to their own level" because we know how that turns out everytime

taurusmoon92

re: her insta post
"working in berlin" did i miss something? she didn't have an actual job?
"overworking" what work?
"a whole identity crisis lol will talk about it one day" teasing her audience again by not being direct
I reckon the identity crisis I about her sexuality tbh

Reactions: 1

emm

VIP Member
No way I am going to listen, could someone be a martyr and recap for the rest of us? 😅

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think it is difficult to do though if you know almost none of the language , I found calling up for apartments even in languages I felt pretty confident in terrifying
It’s more about Jade making it sound like uni accommodation is the only option and that’s the only option she’s picked

We know she had her own apartment in Berlin (I think?) - it would actually be interesting to hear how she found straying from uni accommodation and whether that impacted how social she was, plus all the other problems she potentially encountered

Eldoral

New (last) room tour videos up. I've not watched her videos in a while but her personality seemed to lean towards Eve Cornwells. The room itself isn't horrible, better than the SF room, but the beds seemed cheap. But I did like her outfit! Very street style.

mindlessness

VIP Member
What on earth?! They're living in Disney land?! Inpresume she is also being paid by minerva, they seem to hVe an inordinate amount of students with quite big social media. Did anyone ever see YouTube videos by Americans doing "semester at sea"?
I think she's probably doing one of Disney's career programs! They have a college program and internships etc. https://jobs.disneycareers.com/disney-programs#college Not a career choice I would make but I've come across people from different US universities doing the same thing on social media before.

I do think Minerva students get money (maybe some money off the fees?) for posting/sharing about their course.

JayJee

ETA this is the second video I ahve seen in which minerva students go on and on about having to cook for themselves... I can only assume they had very different situations at home? I know a lot of US citizens have a canteen thing at uni on campus, but is thst usual for the rest of the world?
In my country, universities usually have canteens on campus where as a student you can get a decent lunch (and sometimes dinner) for a reduced price. University dorms also always have kitchens - sometimes shared between multiple rooms, sometimes even in your own room - nothing fancy, usually just a stove, a sink, and an oven if you're lucky.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Is finals week mentioned in the IG story different from a finals week at the end? I'm now very confused 😭 Is she just going to work on her thesis for the rest of the year?