Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hiii

Nature gal is already flying off to Taipei after visiting eleven countries in 2022 (from Buenos Aires to London to Cambodia etc)

Reactions: 2

Merpedy

VIP Member
I know not everyone is a football fan but it’s literally the world cup, she’s in Buenos Aires and Argentina are through to the finals, yet she hasn’t even mentioned it?! Like surely the atmosphere is buzzing there atm
Ay you seem to have prompted a mention of it in her new IG post

It's sort of ironic she's asking people whether they can relate to the feeling of having multiple homes. I'd bet the majority of uni students - the bulk of her audience I'd think - would do

In her new post, Jade talks about "creating a new home" in all those new cities that she's been to, and then in the same post she talks about how she's been living out of a suitcase, contradicting herself. I guess being a rich tourist is not casual magic enough.
Yeah the last paragraph about craving routine and stability (or something along those lines) really turned me off from any sort of romanticisation she tried to do

Also Minerva has a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@MinervaUni/videos
I know we've done plenty of shit talking and going over their student handbooks but I don't think their videos ever came up??

emm

VIP Member

TLDW:

Never got the appeal of filming yourself while crying/ in a private moment...reeks of narc behaviour.

Why is she experiencing such unstable high high's and low low's? She says she "felt empty" after graduation...yea, that tends to happen when you're busy distracting yourself with academics and friends (remember the time she had to quarantine for a week or so alone and by the second day, she was filming a mental breakdown?) instead of truly looking in the mirror (and no, not just to delude yourself into thinking you're the prettiest fairy in the room) and improving yourself and trying to make a good impact on the world.

The "loss of purpose and identity" section is so sad and concerning. I always saw education as a means to an end, even if I enjoyed the journey and the classes I've had and the people I've met along the way. Her entire identity is "studytuber" or "GORL who showed Oxford University they were wrong!!1!" so now that that's gone, there's nothing there.

Get a job, Jade. Preferably not at an MLM and preferably not anything that'll worsen your impact on the climate more than you already have..

Personally, I've been at uni for 4-5 years as well. In fact, I believe I started at the same time as her (although I refuse to believe we are the same age). While I enjoyed my time there and had a good work-life balance, I'm ready to move on to the next chapter. Most of the people in my circle are also ready to break out of the academic bubble at least for a bit and be an adult. On the other hand, she sounds as scared as someone who's just escaped a cult and got a hard reality-check lol. Maybe that's what she needs instead of a BetterHelp therapist (bit of a sus sponsorship as well, if you ask me).

Lastly, stop making GORL happen. It's not going to happen. The way she says it and rolls her tongue makes my toes curl in pure cringe.
This is exactly it, most people like/annoying uni for thr social aspect etc, like learning. But I cannot think of anyone who, the day after their graduation, described it as the worst day of4heir life. Side note interested to what grade she got? No idea how the courses are graded there
---
She's not like other girls. She's a GORL.
I had wondered if kt was some.kind of thing adopted from.another culture but no just her trying to ge different ?

nhlf1nwhl

I'm also confused because her mom said she did a "hotel management degree" and got a placement in Scotland
apparently she went to hotelschool The Hague - google states it is a "university of the applied sciences" for 5 years (including a placement therefore a bachelor degree??)

emm

VIP Member
totally random, but has anyone who lives in/has lived in rgentina, would it be normal to have what looks like a lucury flat and not have a washing machine? very random just curious lol. This is probably thw worst vlog I have seen on youtube, the level of self-obsessedness (not a word but whatever) is insane

It honestly pisses me off that she talks about impostor syndrome and insecurity as if she experiences it on a level remotely close to reality. People with crippling impostor syndrome don't make school/uni advice videos as if they're the ultimate expert. She's been consistently hyping herself up for years, so anything she claims is honed by years of experience regarding what people like from youtubers.
100% this! Also isn't imposter sindrome about when you feel you are an imposter in your job? not just when you are studying an underdrag degree?

side note, her spanish must be REALLY limited if she cannot communicate that she is here to study for university. imagine living wigth someone in a tiny apartment who is on work calls at 11.30pm at weekends, basically means you cannot invite people over/make noise etc, the whole living situation is awful for them all

Last edited:

Merpedy

VIP Member
Everything about her just comes off as so fake or uncomfortable?? Like the dancing when they’re singing happy birthday

not that I can blame her or anything 😂 it’s just annoying

coldestofspirits

Interesting that she thinks accessibility is only about financial aspect...

I mean never mind any possible responsibilities you can not discard completely for days. (Elderly parents to look after, young kids to take care of, jobs that require you to be accesible even on your off days, pets you are responsible of, medical conditions, disabilities and who knows what else...)
To be fair, there is some very interesting literature about people with disabilities and medical conditions going on (sometimes quite demanding) yoga courses. I have no doubt Jade is totally unaware of this, but it does exist!
Nothing is accessible for literally everyone but she gets a few, a paltry few, points for at least considering the financial side. 😂

ECH

VIP Member
Gorl started out as a meme from Despicable Me in like 2019 so she's just beating an already dead meme to death

Merpedy

VIP Member
Does her finals week also include finishing her thesis? What is she going to do for the rest of the academic year??

xaannaa

It’s more about Jade making it sound like uni accommodation is the only option and that’s the only option she’s picked

We know she had her own apartment in Berlin (I think?) - it would actually be interesting to hear how she found straying from uni accommodation and whether that impacted how social she was, plus all the other problems she potentially encountered
True, she had her own apartment the second semester she stayed in Berlin (right?), so the semester before London. Seemed like she had some trouble finding a place though iirc. This summer in Berlin she also seemed to live by herself but that obviously wasn't during term time and was only for a month(?). She stayed in Minerva accommodation in London and now in Buenos Aires, so maybe she didn't have a good experience living by herself during term time? If she decided to go with Minerva accommodation even in her home country? Idk not to interpret too much into that but I think it's interesting that she made that choice once but then went back to staying in uni accommodation the next semester.

emm

VIP Member
depends on your uni/course. I went to a normal British uni and had to do a literature review for my dissertation.
I am from the UK too and I think it maybe depends on the subject but in humanities related subjects you don't do your own research (that said I really have no idea what she studies so..🤣)

emm

VIP Member
In the UK we have options for catered and self catered at most unis. I ended up in catered and was devastated because I'd put self catered options for my first and second choice 😂 but it works out well as long as you're not a fussy eater like me.
That is really bad luck, I think it is because most people don't choose it tbh, I don't know anyone who did the people that got it were like you. The tone of how both the people I have seen say it as if they are voicing criticism in a very round about way of nto having catering options

it's funny that, unless I missed it, she didn't post any photos/videos she had taken at the match, it looked like the story was just something she found online, I wonder if she even went somewhere to watch it?

I am juust looking at that article someone posted about minerva housing and the pricing, I only skimmed it but looking at the comparisons between airbnb pricing and Minerva's doesn't really make sense, Minerva accommodation is all shared rooms whereas airbnb you would have your own space surely?

Last edited:

Larancia

To be fair, there is some very interesting literature about people with disabilities and medical conditions going on (sometimes quite demanding) yoga courses
Vipassana retreats tend to last multiple days. You are not allowed to speak during or after meditations. Also ive been told that you musnt make eye contact with others. If someone requires assistance due to their medical conditions i dont know how they handle it in the case of vipassana (what jade is mentioning)

• Wow