Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
I reckon the identity crisis I about her sexuality tbh
Nah I think it’s her hippy branding. When she goes out to work (or maybe her start up comes back) she’ll be more bored with “casual magic” and will be like shit what do I do next

Reactions: 1

StatusWoe

VIP Member
I follow Dinara because her stories are batshit crazy (highly recommend for the entertainment)
Crazy how? :LOL:

So I am watching her brothers most recent video, he mentions having a meeting with the head of marketing of the uni, presumably he is being hired by them and paid to advertise. I always wonder if jade and dinara did the same
That wouldn't surprise me at all. They have to reel new students in somehow, and if current students have a YouTube following it makes sense for them to do the advertising. Don't they need to declare this relationship in the same way they declare ads? Or not...?

londongirl2001

VIP Member
How has Jade still got another year at uni to go? It feels like her degree will never end.
It's because she began studying when the pandemic hit, and 2020 feels like it was 5 years ago :D I'm also surprised she's still at it, but it hasn't been that long.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
Don’t Minerva have a Masters that grads can do on the cheap? I can see Jade ekeing it out for another year of magical travelling.

I didn't have to publish to get onto my PhD program, but I certainly had to demonstrate training in research methods
we have to publish several works to complete the phd, also those publications have to be in reputable journals and at least one
publication in a top ten journal in the respective field

emm

VIP Member
I'd love to know the nationality break down of minerva students, does she specifically choose people from different countries to be in her videos to make it seem more diverse (especially countries she deems "interesting")? I feel like it should be a lot of Americans because it seems so American (the vibe and education system) and it's also cheaper (?) than regular uni in the US and the US just has a large population, so there are bound to be quite a few Americans, but from her videos that doesn't seem to be the case?

Impostor syndrom can be in any setting (including work and academics, but could even be social groups, hobbies, etc.), it's basically where you've achieved something/have a position that you don't feel like you deserve because you feel like you've somehow made it to where you are without having the actual skills/knowledge required (and the people around you just haven't realized but they're going to realize soon and you're going to be exposed as a fraud), like you're (unintentionally) deceiving people and your position (or good grade, or award, etc.) was given to you because you've successfully deceived them into thinking you're more qualified/smarter/etc. than you actually are. You can definitely present yourself as an expert publicly and still feel/have it, but how she uses the word in the video doesn't make that much sense. It's different from feeling good/confident one day and self-conscious the next. What she's discribing sounds just like "normal" insecurities to me.

Judging from her pronunciation of "película" ... yes.

I always feel so bad to shit on her language skills because that's the last thing I'd ever judge anyone for but c'mon
ah play good to know, either way she is ridiculous. I think this is what I find annoying, most (if not all?) people feel insecure at points, it is totally normal. In part because of social media today everything has to be made into a big deal (jsut my opinion of course)

Yeh I didn't want to comment on the awful pronunciation either, but even with crap pronunciation to be able to say a sentence in the present simple should not be beyond her. I also wondered about the theatre thing, was her friend literally explaining as it was going on?! I would be annoyed if someone sitting near me was doing that tbh

sheleg

VIP Member
It's funny as I've thought similar about her too but even that photo you've put up I actually think she looks nice. That one of her sat with her feet up looking out of the window too, not sure what it is but it's doing something for me lol.
To be fair, mate, you also fancy Stephanie Davies 😂

• Haha

xaannaa

Find weird she hasn't tried our drink "mate" it's essentially a herb tea with a special type of gourd. It's pretty common for foreigners to try them.
they had mate at the meet-up/picnic thing she organized
IMG_20221009_225407.jpg

About the laundry thing. I say it's half and half common to get a laundry unit in the heart of Buenos Aires. As people said, the apartment was provided from minera. It seems weird they were given a apartment without one. From what I've seen of the apartment the main feature is those huge windows with the views. Which I think Minerva knows that students vlogs and might be a marketing way to say "see if you study here look at the view". Idk.
Is the whole building supposed to be a minerva dorm or did they get them a single apartment in a random apartment building?

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
In my country, universities usually have canteens on campus where as a student you can get a decent lunch (and sometimes dinner) for a reduced price. University dorms also always have kitchens - sometimes shared between multiple rooms, sometimes even in your own room - nothing fancy, usually just a stove, a sink, and an oven if you're lucky.
I know in Italy and they do this during the day (also it is good quality food, not like the US system) jsut the tone of it in these videos seems to be addressing a criticism "this is good because..." type of thing

Bob93

Chatty Member
I hadn’t ever really watched her videos, only looked at her photos and listened to what others said about her videos.

I just watched this though and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone sound so smug in my life.

Fastgirl154

To clarify did Jade’s mum do a tertiary course in hotel management or hospitality?

Jade always makes it seem like her parents had no tertiary education in any form…

emm

VIP Member
Go to the part where she talks about buying a small mirror to ~gaze lovingly at herself~. The person filming launched into this story making fun of her and she was only too happy to play the narc (loves being the centre of attention lol).
Didn't get that far in , might try later 🤣

• Haha