Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

renta

I found this article written by the Minerva student paper about the cost of housing and if it's worth it: https://jasenlo123.github.io/The-Minerva-Quest---Worth-Or-Nah-/

It is a detailed article about the costs and concludes that it actually saves the student money if they rent a place outside of Minerva (ex. air bnb) if the student doesn't recieve scholarships
wow that is super detailed, and it makes sense tbh. if they're getting a scholarship it's probably also less stress to just let minerva sort it out for you. except several students had accommodation issues but oh well lol

Reactions: 2

asapq

has Jade acknowledged the economic crisis in Argentina or visited Parque de la Memoria?

emm

VIP Member
In her new post, Jade talks about "creating a new home" in all those new cities that she's been to, and then in the same post she talks about how she's been living out of a suitcase, contradicting herself. I guess being a rich tourist is not casual magic enough.
That photo dump looked boring and could literally have been anywhere. Also how is staying somewhere for 4 months "living out of a suitcase"?

emm

VIP Member
Already missing uni and her writing club. I assume the next year everything will just be related back to minerva. I can imagine her visiting Oxford and saying " oh in minerva we didn't think this was a good idea.."

slamvs27

VIP Member
This is exactly it, most people like/annoying uni for thr social aspect etc, like learning. But I cannot think of anyone who, the day after their graduation, described it as the worst day of4heir life. Side note interested to what grade she got? No idea how the courses are graded there
---

I had wondered if kt was some.kind of thing adopted from.another culture but no just her trying to ge different ?
The only other time I've seen it used, ironically, is on Amberlynn Reid's channel (she's a morbidly obese Youtuber). Also loves saying GORL.

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Never noticed ;)

What is with these studytubers and their lack of general knowledge?! They have academic success, yet there are so many gaps.

Ikr! It's Groundhog Day University. I could leave Tattle for 5 years and when I came back she'd still be at Minerva, living in some foreign country and speaking the language fluently patronising the locals.
And still with the same level of knowledge (I.e. none)

Merpedy

VIP Member
I thought they went back to San Francisco for another semester to do their capstone project or whatever it is they call it?
Yeah. I think it’s like a month?

Though if I remember right Minerva did have some graduate stuff now

I think for someone like jade I am actually shocked she hasn't been robbed so far becuase she doesnt seem at all warybof her stuff, I wouldn't sit in park in London meditating and leaving all my stuff basically unattended
Same.

Hot_Dogs_Or_Toes

Chatty Member
Idk to me she was always super unattractive. Her dumb wanna be sexy face expression always annoys me
View attachment 2152940
It's funny as I've thought similar about her too but even that photo you've put up I actually think she looks nice. That one of her sat with her feet up looking out of the window too, not sure what it is but it's doing something for me lol.

• Haha

Merpedy

VIP Member
Not necessarily expecting anything bad but I wonder why she seems to host these viewer picnics or get together so frequently

xaannaa

Took less than a minute for her to point out she's with a girl from KAZAKHSTAN
I'd love to know the nationality break down of minerva students, does she specifically choose people from different countries to be in her videos to make it seem more diverse (especially countries she deems "interesting")? I feel like it should be a lot of Americans because it seems so American (the vibe and education system) and it's also cheaper (?) than regular uni in the US and the US just has a large population, so there are bound to be quite a few Americans, but from her videos that doesn't seem to be the case?

100% this! Also isn't imposter sindrome about when you feel you are an imposter in your job? not just when you are studying an underdrag degree?
Impostor syndrom can be in any setting (including work and academics, but could even be social groups, hobbies, etc.), it's basically where you've achieved something/have a position that you don't feel like you deserve because you feel like you've somehow made it to where you are without having the actual skills/knowledge required (and the people around you just haven't realized but they're going to realize soon and you're going to be exposed as a fraud), like you're (unintentionally) deceiving people and your position (or good grade, or award, etc.) was given to you because you've successfully deceived them into thinking you're more qualified/smarter/etc. than you actually are. You can definitely present yourself as an expert publicly and still feel/have it, but how she uses the word in the video doesn't make that much sense. It's different from feeling good/confident one day and self-conscious the next. What she's discribing sounds just like "normal" insecurities to me.

side note, her spanish must be REALLY limited if she cannot communicate that she is here to study for university
Judging from her pronunciation of "película" ... yes.

I always feel so bad to shit on her language skills because that's the last thing I'd ever judge anyone for but c'mon

emm

VIP Member
I’ve only had a quick scroll through but It also looks like Dinara was staying in a hotel

I can’t really find anything else. Maybe Minerva doesn’t have their own accommodation in the city, and they do end up just throwing them into hotels as I think the students have to pay for them anyway?

I’d also say that they might all hate sharing enough to find their own places but then Jade isn’t completely alone, and it does look like Dinara’s room was also meant to be shared
A room with no natural light, jesus. how could you stay long term in a hotel without cooking facilities etc? would be awful
I remember at some point Dinara had a major issue with not having accommodation in Argentina or something didn't she?

emm

VIP Member
She doesn't even dress weird or quirky, she just has no style at all? She always looks like someone handed her a few pieces from a blind rummage through a donation pile.
The jacket looks like she is a child wearing her parents 80s clothes pretending to work in an office 🤣 also it's pride, why wear the most beige outfit ever

emm

VIP Member
I made it to 18 seconds before I had to stop. She's only 23 but uses every millennial cringe phrase in existence. And the Elizabeth Holmes voice is too creepy.
God I might try later after a glass.of wine. Regardless of money, no one I know hD zero plan after uni. Yes she has her youtube, so just say you will do that full time visiting your minerva friends. So intrigued to see what they are doing as from what she had said they all seem to have jobs?