Unjaded Jade #10 the next literary sensation, will her new book have a German translation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, is her book really going to include a whole discussion on how the education and testing system are very narrow in what they measure???

A) she does realise that the majority of her older fans are now probably uni students so they probably know this already anyway, but also… they’re maybe there just for the study tips which now seem to make up a small section of the book

B) if I had failed my GSCES or A-levels that simply wouldn’t have mattered to me. It’s such a pointless discussion because you’re there to get the grades you need, not really change the system to suddenly measure emotional intelligence. Sure, you may not be an overall failure but it will take a bit to recover and no amount of ‘I have emotional intelligence’ will help that - it will probably be looking at the next steps and alternative paths

C) it’s a study book Jade, not your opinions on everything. I know people here have talked about how it’s only really for her audience, but this isn’t a biography or some sort of ‘sit down’ talk. It’s clearly marketed at students and that’s the general population
Why is she saying all of this without adding that there education system and it’s flaws were perfect for her? she achieved top grades in everything. Yet she acts like she knows how it feels to be affected by it’s unfairness.

Reactions: 17
I don't think you strictly need an English degree to be good at booktube tbh
No definitely not, but what I was asking was if she loves english lit so much then why did she take basically no classes in it this year

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why is she saying all of this without adding that there education system and it’s flaws were perfect for her? she achieved top grades in everything. Yet she acts like she knows how it feels to be affected by it’s unfairness.
she's acting like she never mastered the uk high school education system also when last did she actually study and write exams it's been years? I think it was hilarious when she captioned her minerva videos as studying / finals week when it was just short essays. I think she's trying to act like she can relate to her audience which is why she talks so negatively about the system probably also because she got rejected from Oxford and struggled with perfectionism

I wasn't really able to capture it in a screenshot very well, but it just pains me how she pulls such weird faces all of the time nowadays. She isn't able to just relax her face anymore while talking, but she amps it up to 1000 and it causes a weird mismatch between the content of what she's saying and the look on her face. Like in the current story she is talking about something she should be proud and happy about, and her facial expressions just reads pained / annoyed / constipated constantly.View attachment 674596
Too real

1.png
h.png

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I can't see Jade discussing literature in a thoughtful and in depth manner. She's probably gonna somehow twist/ pervert it, like she did for travel content ("OMG, there are BLACK people in this book!!! And they're so...normal??") (her words, not mine).
Everything she says makes me dry heave.

Could not be less interested in whatever she has to say about any kind of book, so I'll be happy to hard pass on her book content. I'll take neither recs nor criticism from a person who thinks Minerva offers a mind opening education experience, thank you very much. Her race fetish and inability to express a single in depth thought determines the quality of a possible booktube channel but her hardcore fans are as dumb as her, if not dumber, so she'll have her "yas inspirational queen we stan" comments ready on the go, no matter what recycled and half arsed comments she passes on a popular book.

Reactions: 12
No definitely not, but what I was asking was if she loves english lit so much then why did she take basically no classes in it this year
I know plenty of people who like English lit and didn’t take classes in it because they like to have the choice in what to read and for it to not feel like a chore, or they just enjoyed something else. Just because you enjoy reading doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy English lit 🤷🏼‍♀️

Plus, we don’t actually know if Minerva gets module choices as other universities do, and if so whether English lit is available and doesn’t clash with her time table

she's acting like she never mastered the uk high school education system also when last did she actually study and write exams it's been years? I think it was hilarious when she captioned her minerva videos as studying / finals week when it was just short essays. I think she's trying to act like she can relate to her audience which is why she talks so negatively about the system probably also because she got rejected from Oxford and struggled with perfectionism
I don’t think when you took exams really matters if you’re just discussing the fact that the education system doesn’t work for everyone. Nor do you really need to acknowledge that it worked for you

I also think it didn’t work that well for Jade in a way, at least on a spectrum. There are plenty of people who didn’t study the hours she did or do the work she did that got grades she did. If you have to overwork yourself to the point where you apparently may only get a 45 min break on the bus (judging by that one page of that book here) and shorter breaks you give yourself… well, hard to say the system is really working in your favour fully

honestly, imo the problem is that this is meant to be a study tips guide and while it’s useful to remember that the system may not suit you, it’s not really that relevant. The way she described her book on the IG stories overall sounds like a mess and fairly few study tips or advice.
Plus, from what little she has shown a lot of it will be her experience which may be a bit toxic when you realise that she was probably studying a lot more than the average student

Reactions: 4
I know plenty of people who like English lit and didn’t take classes in it because they like to have the choice in what to read and for it to not feel like a chore, or they just enjoyed something else. Just because you enjoy reading doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy English lit
She did English Lit AS Level and at A2 used to talk about how much she missed it...

Reactions: 1
yeah as an autistic person this actually makes me seething

Reactions: 9
Exactly, and on top of this, does anyone know if Minerva offers any chance to study literature? If so, has Jade ever even taken a class in it? (Not too sure how the US system works but I cant remember her ever talking about a Lit class, just ones like social sciences etc.) at least jack and ruby are actual english lit students

She took Arts and Humanities in first year as one of her foundation courses. She wrote a truly horrendous essay on Yeats that you can read in the Wiki.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Spot Jade's Insta post in the background of Ruby's latest video if you can bring yourself to watch it, perfectly understandable if you can't though...

She took Arts and Humanities in first year as one of her foundation courses. She wrote a truly horrendous essay on Yeats that you can read in the Wiki.
Just taken a look at this essay - my God. I'm almost impressed that she had the balls to cite Wikipedia in the introduction. If she'd tried that at Oxford she would've received a 0!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just taken a look at this essay - my God. I'm almost impressed that she had the balls to cite Wikipedia in the introduction. If she'd tried that at Oxford she would've received a 0!
I read the essay and a little part of me died

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Mini rant up ahead :
Jade isn't the only one on social media that I feel belittles mental health, I believe her recent video is more apt for well-being. It frustrates me when people one try to make poor mental health some weird cinematic glorified thing and secondly when people declare oh this helped me (suggesting it might help someone else). It fustrates me especially when someone with such a huge young fan base to state : hey we all have bad days its ok. Yes it is ok to be not ok, but please for the life of me, state at least in the caption here are links if your mental health is debilitating and affecting your daily life, Samaritans NHS etc. It is to an extent ok to feel low at times ,but it isn't ok if you feel perpetually crap to a point that it is affecting your life or you can't predict what tomorrow will be like for your emotions, or if you are impulsive , struggling with psychosis, delusions, etc etc. It isn't just Jade though , I find this frustrating with many of this mental health matters stuff. Some influencers (so to speak) , tend to target people with symptoms of poor mental health but outcasts those with mental illness and disorders. It's like telling someone with a gun shot wound its fine, just think positively here are some techniques to stop the bleeding, it helped me when I had a paper cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Mini rant up ahead :
Jade isn't the only one on social media that I feel belittles mental health, I believe her recent video is more apt for well-being. It frustrates me when people one try to make poor mental health some weird cinematic glorified thing and secondly when people declare oh this helped me (suggesting it might help someone else). It fustrates me especially when someone with such a huge young fan base to state : hey we all have bad days its ok. Yes it is ok to be not ok, but please for the life of me, state at least in the caption here are links if your mental health is debilitating and affecting your daily life, Samaritans NHS etc. It is to an extent ok to feel low at times ,but it isn't ok if you feel perpetually crap to a point that it is affecting your life or you can't predict what tomorrow will be like for your emotions, or if you are impulsive , struggling with psychosis, delusions, etc etc. It isn't just Jade though , I find this frustrating with many of this mental health matters stuff. Some influencers (so to speak) , tend to target people with symptoms of poor mental health but outcasts those with mental illness and disorders. It's like telling someone with a gun shot wound its fine, just think positively here are some techniques to stop the bleeding, it helped me when I had a paper cut.
Thank you for raising this point! I wasn't able to grasp it this clearly, but it is just spot on what I hate about the way so many people tackle mental health on Instagram.

As long as it's still pretty and instagrammable you are welcome to join their cult ... sorry, club. But as soon as you have some Bo-Burnam-level problems this shallow messages of inspiration just won't cut it anymore.

The latest tiktok made me laugh man, the poor brother seems so awkward, like he’s being forced to perform or something so he keeps pulling this face😭
961619ED-2A26-4699-BDE2-93367D853A8B.jpeg

72ECAA57-2D94-48EF-8C15-F1272F5F0B24.jpeg

AEE9EC30-85D4-448F-9AEB-2F8AFCA78E36.jpeg

1D05D9B1-081A-411A-8116-88CE704993A5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Didn’t her fans say he’s good looking or something? So now she’s whoring him out to create those ‘lusting after you’ fans 😬 bit of a yikes imo

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.