Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you not remember 'When the wind blows?' I watched this at primary school. There was quite alot on nuclear threats in the early 80s.

If anyone does YouTube this, please be warned that it's a tough watch and I'm not easily triggered...but this remained with me.
"Threads" was a play about a nuclear war shown on TV in the 80's, it really unnerved me.

Reactions: 11
Oh wow I was just posting my ponderings but thank you.

9/11 definitely cast a big shadow, and that along with Diana's death are the two events where I remember where I was when it happened. 9/11 was definitely a moment when the world changed, and I think Covid and now this will be another moment.

That's really interesting and now you say it, I suppose ww2 has been a big thing in my life just because I've heard the stories and seen some photos (my grandad liberated a concentration camp and we have some quite graphic photos), even had my grandads gun from the war at one point.

I suppose you can split it into what you lived through personally, and what cast a shadow and impacted your life in a wider sense.
It's called generational trauma. Worth looking up and having a read about.

I found it explained how previous generations experinces impact me in the here and now.

Just seen the trailer for this gave me chills not gonna lie
I saw it when it was first out....haunted me then....didnt ever think a cartoon could have such an impact. Its a tough watch.

Reactions: 12
"Threads" was a play about a nuclear war shown on TV in the 80's, it really unnerved me.
Awful frightening drama film. Unnerved me for years. Don't watch it. The most frightening thing I've ever watched.

Reactions: 5
What an unholy mess. If the info coming out if the Pentagon is to be believed about the convoy and Putins inner circle.

Reactions: 8
We watched this in my final year at School (1999) for ‘social education’ it was terrifying! The School fire alarm went off just as the bomb was dropped which didn’t help 😂

If I recall correctly Boris Yeltsin went a bit crazy shortly after and was threatening to point nukes at the UK and USA. We also managed to convince ourselves that Russia had ‘lost’ 1000 nukes which were all going to be detonated by the Millennium Bug. I remember breathing a sigh of relief at 9pm on NYE after seeing the Russian New Year in and realising humanity was not going to be wiped out.

Reactions: 12
Sad to hear. A medical student training to be a doctor was killed during the shelling in Kharkiv. Awful. You never expect to go study abroad and die like this.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
We watched this in my final year at School (1999) for ‘social education’ it was terrifying! The School fire alarm went off just as the bomb was dropped which didn’t help 😂

If I recall correctly Boris Yeltsin went a bit crazy shortly after and was threatening to point nukes at the UK and USA. We also managed to convince ourselves that Russia had ‘lost’ 1000 nukes which were all going to be detonated by the Millennium Bug. I remember breathing a sigh of relief at 9pm on NYE after seeing the Russian New Year in and realising humanity was not going to be wiped out.
Me too. I was slightly on edge most of that NYE. Until, as you say 9pm came and went

Reactions: 6
Not sure if it’s been shared but ‘countdaedalus2.0’ has done a good video. Unnerved me a little bit at least hope it might for you guys too x

Reactions: 14
What an unholy mess. If the info coming out if the Pentagon is to be believed about the convoy and Putins inner circle.
Did you see what the Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council said about Putins inner circle?

If The General is speaking the truth, then as much as it grieves me to say... Boris is completely right, and so are the rest of the west in their plan of not closing air space and keeping up with sanctions only

Reactions: 13
Poland taking thousands of refugees although a lot of reports of racism coming from certain countries

There was a reporter at New Delhi airport earlier stating that Indian students were returning from Ukraine - possibly via Poland - although she did not interview anyone for a first hand account she ’alleged‘ they had been subject to ‘racist’ treatment - unsure how she knew this? As from what I could ascertain they hadn’t even landed 🤔

Reactions: 7
Either GMB or BBC were at a donation centre in London and one of the people there made the point it has to be useful stuff, it's not just a dumping ground for your unwanted stuff. also people had to think sensibly and practically about what they were donating.
We have got donation hubs in our area and lists of items that they want - warm coats, sleeping bags, sanitary items and toiletries, nappies, baby food, tinned goods.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Did you see what the Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council said about Putins inner circle?

If The General is speaking the truth, then as much as it grieves me to say... Boris is completely right, and so are the rest of the west in their plan of not closing air space and keeping up with sanctions only
I saw it and I was alarmed. Of course the West are right its just so hard to sit back and watch.
tit times, those poor people 😕

Reactions: 9

what did he say?

Reactions: 5
I have this image of the whole world being nuked and the people up in the international space station looking down like “well duck”.
Not that it’s ever going to happen just an image I had 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw it and I was alarmed. Of course the West are right its just so hard to sit back and watch.
tit times, those poor people 😕
I know, it makes me so sad that losing Ukraine and it's people could be the cost at saving the world, and even more sad that it's got to the stage that politicians are having to weigh that up 😔
What a bleeping mess

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.