Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we all think of supply problems with the convoy? Do you think there is potential for partial defection? Those soldiers facing unarmed citizens hardly looked enthusiastic killers.

Am I being niave/hopeful?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
What do we all think of supply problems with the convoy? Do you think there is potential for partial defection? Those soldiers facing unarmed citizens hardly looked enthusiastic killers.

Am I being niave/hopeful?
They seemed to be hinting that tonight they'd be targeting Kyiv via bombing then rolling the convoy in. But it all does seem quite stalled at the moment, hopefully enough time for the Ukrainians to ambush it to slow it down further

Reactions: 11

Yel

They seemed to be hinting that tonight they'd be targeting Kiev via bombing then rolling the convoy in. But it all does seem quite stalled at the moment, hopefully enough time for the Ukrainians to ambush it to slow it down further
Bombing once they have control of the airspace?

Reactions: 2
Churchill done it to his own men during World war 2, at St. Valery in France,

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I am about 10 pages behind so excuse me if this had already been discussed or mentioned. Anonymous are asking people to leave reviews on Russian restaurants explaining what is really going on so the Russian people can be informed

Just wondering aloud - IF the jets that have been sent to Poland were piloted by ‘non Ukrainians’ and were used to stop the convoy heading for the northern border - who would know it was not Ukrainian pilots ? The military strategist said this morning that the roads are not very good, especially for tanks, so surely if they could just bomb the roads badly it could delay the arrival at the very least - even though they are assuming the convoy would not initially enter Ukraine but deploy in a semi circle type action along the border - has anything been said anywhere that Ukraine are not allowed to fight back into Russia from within their own borders?
I thought the same about drone attacks say it's a Ukrainian operator ?

Reactions: 7
If NATO get involved we are all toast and it’s WW3. I think NATO getting involved should be the last option because it’s the option that will have the most consequences.
I’ve been reading the news from a lot of sources - from other countries as well as ours. It’s clear to me that very strategic planning is going on behind the scenes. Russia has never been trusted and the West has plenty of intelligence that the rest of us aren’t privy to. They will be very careful to avoid a miscalculation.

Reactions: 24
I think so, too.

I still think the NATO should get involved, despite the very real threat and danger.
But Putin has started an illegal war and is committing war crimes.

I noticed the "rave" thread and find it kind of distasteful to talk about who hot the Ukrainian president is. He is fighting for his life & country!
He is a father of two and will quite likely be killed by Putin.
I guess he would say: I need allies, not groupies.
if they got involved it would break their own rules also there a defensive group and as they have not been attacked they cant just go attacking russia

if i knew it was a bluff and we were dealing with a semi stable old man i would say yeah ok but were not i feel we have to be careful and as tit as it is however do your own bit give donations if you can im going to donate tommorrow its not much but its a start

If NATO get involved we are all toast and it’s WW3. I think NATO getting involved should be the last option because it’s the option that will have the most consequences.
Yes, but what are the other options?

And Putin is not the only dictator... others will take note.

Reactions: 10
We watched When The Wind Blows in my school the week of my 6th birthday, in 1986. I remember it so clearly. I was in primary school in Belfast (where we sometimes had a bomb threat or a shooting nearby)

I am surprised how varied things seem to have been.
Why did that put this stuff on kids back then? I’m quite thankful I wasn’t subjected to this aged 6 and it sounds like I’m of a similar age to you.

I can't understand how Russia haven't taken control of the airspace already, that was fairly unexpected, but I guess everything has been. Haven't heard much about it recently.

Yes, but what are the other options?

And Putin is not the only dictator... others will take note.
Gonna be blunt now if there involved we are assigning a death wish to the whole world possiably it is not as simple as just going to help we cant make that mistake
Either way i think he will be forced out

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's incredibly nieve to believe that if we just stand back and let Putin take Ukraine then that will be that.
I don't think anyone thinks that. But we cant be seen to be antagonising or making war ourselves. Its not our war, and not one of our official allies.

As awful as it is, for us to act, we need putin to make the first move on a nato country. Then we have legitimate reason to attack. Joining another countries war is us declaring war on Russia and that makes any European country fair game, or he may just go for the nuclear option. You will then have fighting in every Eastern European country .

It's a really delicate situation, it's on a knife edge.

Reactions: 18
if they got involved it would break their own rules also there a defensive group and as they have not been attacked they cant just go attacking russia

if i knew it was a bluff and we were dealing with a semi stable old man i would say yeah ok but were not i feel we have to be careful and as tit as it is however do your own bit give donations if you can im going to donate tommorrow its not much but its a start
Yes, it would break their own rules.
But to a great extend one of reasons the Ukraine is not in the NATO is that the US, France, Germany and probably most other NATO countries are concerned about having to defend them against Russia.

To me this seems to be a bit hypocritical.

I kind of think that Putin is such a lunatic that it justifies the NATO interfering. I don't see another way to stop him.

Kvyat didn’t even need to cry about it, brings up a point though, I understand all the sanctions on Russia currently, are there many countries sanctioning Belarus?

Reactions: 4
They would need to join NATO immediately to get the military support.
The EU membership is not necessary for that.

The US is not interested in Ukraine joining NATO - as they don't want any further defence obligations and they know very well that the countries close to Russia are always at risk of being in conflict with Russia.

In 2008 Germany and France were hesitant, partly for this reason, and I guess they still feel the same way today.

But what are the consequences? Every country outside of NATO is more or less on their own, unless they have other allies.

What if Russia is successful and adds a few other Eastern European countries to their list of targets.
Would China want to be buddies again?
Would a new Russian empire plus China be a real threat to the Western countries?
My husband has been saying this is the way it's going for years. He thinks next will be china taking Taiwan. It's scary to think of Russia and China with even more power working together.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been reading the news from a lot of sources - from other countries as well as ours. It’s clear to me that very strategic planning is going on behind the scenes. Russia has never been trusted and the West has plenty of intelligence that the rest of us aren’t privy to. They will be very careful to avoid a miscalculation.
Exactly. Behind the scenes they will have been planning for war/conflict with Russia for years

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone who needs soothing tonight I listen a lovely podcast called “therapist in my pocket” aka Janny Juddly she’s got a short one called living through uncertainty, it came out mid pandemic but it fits for this situation too. It’s only 20 minutes or so but I drifted off to her voice. She’s good, it’s on Spotify but probably available elsewhere too

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes, it would break their own rules.
But to a great extend one of reasons the Ukraine is not in the NATO is that the US, France, Germany and probably most other NATO countries are concerned about having to defend them against Russia.

To me this seems to be a bit hypocritical.

I kind of think that Putin is such a lunatic that it justifies the NATO interfering. I don't see another way to stop him.
He's not quite on the history scales of absolute lunatic yet so it would take something bigger for NATO to intervene.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.