Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

anon0503

Putin has nits, pass it on

Edited to add I’ve just fucking realised he has no hair.

• Haha
Reactions: 71

bubbadabut

VIP Member
If Vlad does feel like taking this nuclear, I wonder if he could possibly do it before Thursday, because I've got 4 costumes to conjure up for my kids for World Book Day and I really can't be arsed.

• Haha
Reactions: 60

Yel

Chatty Member
I fully support piers morgan and kay burley to be parachuted onto the frontline. They can join Mr Loughbrough uni

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Pinotsgoats

To slightly calm my blood pressure from any mention of the mumsnet Quislings, here's today hero

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just going back to the uber-table...is this a sign of his paranoia, or does he just want us to know that he's got a really big table? I've seen it mentioned that he is ill and therefore concerned about catching Covid. He obviously doesn't want to be seen wearing a mask, so the distancing could be relevant. Or he's worried about someone getting close enough to him to stab him with some James Bond-style poisoned pen device?

1646061504420.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

Lillyloo

VIP Member
Ukrainian Ambassador live on euro news said if he (Putin) wants to kill, he should do exactly the same as ‘the man in the bunker’ did in ‘1945’. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
There is no way I’m going to feel sorry for myself when Ukrainians have war to contend with daily
tell me that in 2 years when your bills are up 3 grand and your neighbours are dealing with a suicide or bankruptcy or such. 😐
It’s possible AND NECESSARY to care for both.
Sorry if that’s heartless right now

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I'm sure there have been attempts made to assassinate him, but he's surrounded by a tiny group (I say tiny because of his bio bubble) of "Yes Vlad, three bags full Vlad" men (and women). Their loyalty to him is such that they'd probably kill anyone who's tried to take him out
I think our wonderful Queen world have liked to have a go. When Putin visited in the early 2000s she hosted him (and he kept Her Maj waiting for 15 minutes before entering the room) David Blunkett was there with his guide dog who barked loudly at Putin and the Queen said "Dogs have interesting instincts don't they?" to Blunkett. 👊🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

indigoipswich

So I’m getting really sick of friends and family in the Middle East and South Asia saying “oh people only care about Ukraine because it’s white people what about American imperialism in Afghanistan and Iraq etc”.

there is a fundamental difference they don’t understand- this takes us closer than ever to World War 3. What happens in other countries is incredibly sad, nobody is denying that. But Putin is a mad man who has the potential to plunge the world into war not seen ona scale for 80 years or worse and it annoys me so much that they don’t understand this, or what happened last time there was a mad man on the loose.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

lupanda

It’s possible AND NECESSARY to care for both.
I wish I could like this 100 times.

I've seen people being made to feel guilty for being worried about their own country, family, and finances. But we all are capable of caring about multiple things at once. I'm worried for my kid's future and what this will mean for them, and for our future finances, but that doesn't mean I'm not near tears every time I watch the news and hear/see what the Ukrainians are going through right now.

Reactions: 45

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Agreed. I mentioned it a while back, but my partner survived a Serbian tank firing at their house. He’s a 6’4, 20 stone grown man who is absolutely petrified of the sound of fireworks because it reminds him of living through a war as a child. We still have to be careful when visiting because of unexploded land mines, there’s deserted bunkers all over the place and although their house has been rebuilt, there’s still the memory of the blood that flowed there.

With the best will in the world, none of us who were born here in the UK (thankfully) could even possibly begin to comprehend what these people are living through. People think of war, invasions, ethnic cleansing and genocide, they think of World War 2.

Now this was only 20 years ago or so, but the world seems to have forgotten that chapter of the history book. Russia invading Ukraine might be different players, but the situation is exactly the same. Why are we unable to learn from the past?
I beg to differ that nobody from the UK has experienced anything like this, I’m Irish, I grew up in NI so technically the U.K. I’ve never been officially diagnosed but I’m absolutely certain I have PTSD from growing up with the British army on our streets, I was absolutely petrified of them. They were also on a “peace keeping” mission that resulted in mass murder of civilians. To this day my heart speeds up when I hear a helicopter in the sky, I know I wouldn’t be able to cope if there was military on the streets again, pretty sure I’d just lose my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

thegirlscout

VIP Member
So I’m getting really sick of friends and family in the Middle East and South Asia saying “oh people only care about Ukraine because it’s white people what about American imperialism in Afghanistan and Iraq etc”.
If I remember rightly millions protested the Iraq war in the U.K. and America and when Afghanistan fell we welcomed refugees. I don’t understand this narrative that we suddenly only care about world events because it’s Ukraine and they are white, the U.K. does help out - I’m not saying we are perfect, far from it but we do *something*.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Mark81

VIP Member
He's changed my views on small men, still would. I'd pat him on the head at the same time
Excellent, as a short guy myself I like him even more. Showing you don't need to be 6ft to be an alpha hero, and not all short men have short man syndrome (cough putin cough)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
#banterbreakcomment
Did I miss this, was this a known thing 😂 the thread moves faster than his peachy ass so forgive me if so….

Jesus my mum has just asked how old that Ukrainian president is.
He could move a shit ton of spotlight toothpaste or hello fresh boxes after this. #instahoe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37