Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know, it makes me so sad that losing Ukraine and it's people could be the cost at saving the world, and even more sad that it's got to the stage that politicians are having to weigh that up 😔
What a bleeping mess
Its horriable it should not happen but we have no choice sadly :( just hope someone takes him out

Reactions: 5
what did he say?
In a nut shell that Putins closest people are filling his head with tit so he believes that he's right and that the minute the west get involved, even in protecting Ukraine airspace then it's going to kick off.
It could be propaganda, but to speak out as he did was bloody brave.. unless he's been instructed to say what he did. At this point it's hard to know what to believe, but I do think we're right in holding back

Reactions: 21
There was a reporter at New Delhi airport earlier stating that Indian students were returning from Ukraine - possibly via Poland - although she did not interview anyone for a first hand account she ’alleged‘ they had been subject to ‘racist’ treatment - unsure how she knew this? As from what I could ascertain they hadn’t even landed 🤔
Yes a lot of reports of them not allowed to board trains and being refused entry at the borders

Reactions: 9
He said if NATO get involved Putin won't hesitate but Putin had already said that. The man was broken and said he was so depressed about the situation, not the usual posturing. He was hoping someone would make him see sense as Russia are basically fucked now. It was on sky news, they'll probably repeat it.

Reactions: 20
Awful frightening drama film. Unnerved me for years. Don't watch it. The most frightening thing I've ever watched.
It is, but to be honest many parts of Sheffield don't look too dissimilar now to what it looked like in the film. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
How can they prove they have not committed war crimes?
God knows ,maybe they’ll just take any deserter that lays down his weapons bar those known as commanding certain regimes ?

Reactions: 8
sorry this made me chuckle. Were you not around for the conversation which went something like this.
Poster 1: I will ride him like a Grand National winner.
Poster 2: I'm 5ft 10.
Poster 1: Okay, ride him like a Shetland Pony then.

Apparently he's 5ft 7in

I'm still laughing at it.
Yes I’m still laughing at the comment one Tattler made - his height doesn’t matter when you’re lying down! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The BBC said it looks like the reason why Ukraine hasn’t bombed that long Russian convoy is because they don’t have enough ammunition or troops to conduct such a mission. I’ve been wondering why such a thing has been able to travel so far without much hinderance and it’s very worrying that nothing has been done.

Reactions: 11
It's incredibly nieve to believe that if we just stand back and let Putin take Ukraine then that will be that.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does anyone watch Binkov's Battlegrounds on YouTube? Been watching him for a few years, he does videos of hypothetical battles between countries, based on the actual firepower they possess. This is an updated one of Russia v Ukraine from last month, but he's quite accurate.

Reactions: 4
I think you've missed the whole point.

Which was lots of these stories are so fanciful I question if they're genuine. Maybe some started off as real and then others have gone in on the creative writing and taken it a bit too far because they want a viral post? Those live TT videos where someone plays an raid horn constantly are clearly fake but gets people so much attention.

Then everyone clapped is a meme reference - https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/and-then-the-whole-bus-clapped
I don't have TT so I've clearly missed all the 'glory hunters'.
It goes without saying that there will always be people seeking adoration, limelight or praise from such tragic circumstances, 9/11 & Grenfell namely 2.

Not knocking your opinion at all just I honestly think if you're genuinely volunteering for the greater good, without need for praise then you're a braver person than I.

Hubby suggested giving Sergiy Stakhovsky some grenades & a tennis racquet. He'd find the target with accuracy.

Reactions: 3
It's incredibly nieve to believe that if we just stand back and let Putin take Ukraine then that will be that.
I think so, too.

I still think the NATO should get involved, despite the very real threat and danger.
But Putin has started an illegal war and is committing war crimes.

I noticed the "rave" thread and find it kind of distasteful to talk about who hot the Ukrainian president is. He is fighting for his life & country!
He is a father of two and will quite likely be killed by Putin.
I guess he would say: I need allies, not groupies.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think so, too.

I still think the NATO should get involved, despite the very real threat and danger.
But Putin has started an illegal war and is committing war crimes.

I noticed the "rave" thread and find it kind of distasteful to talk about who hot the Ukrainian president is. He is fighting for his life & country!
He is a father of two and will quite likely be killed by Putin.
I guess he would say: I need allies, not groupies.
Well at least it's all over there now and not clogging this thread up

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.