Ukraine Russia War #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To slightly calm my blood pressure from any mention of the mumsnet Quislings, here's today hero

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I was just wondering if anyone heard how the "peace" talks went but just read nothing been said yet on the news. Wonder what putin has up his sleeve cause me personally don't think this is gonna end soon

Reactions: 12
I’ll ask again. Why has Toyota been targeted?
There's an article here https://techmonitor.ai/technology/cybersecurity/toyota-cyberattack-kujima-manufacturing

And they say [t]hese companies have become targets because of their low tolerance for downtime, meaning they are more likely to quickly pay any ransom demand that might be issued by attackers. Indeed, a one-day shutdown of Toyota’s plants would affect the production of 10,000 cars, some 5% of the monthly output from the company’s Japanese factories.

Someone rootling around desperately, short on funds? Hmm.

Reactions: 17
Some pretty grave and ominous statements being made in Brussels. Very 1939.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Putin will need to be convinced he has had the upper hand in the negotiations. I have dealt with these fckrs. There's a knack to getting stuff done but convincing the narc they were right all along. Fingers crossed indeed.

Reactions: 24
Thought people might enjoy this reddit exchange around the Liz Truss comments
1646061524768.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Just going back to the uber-table...is this a sign of his paranoia, or does he just want us to know that he's got a really big table? I've seen it mentioned that he is ill and therefore concerned about catching Covid. He obviously doesn't want to be seen wearing a mask, so the distancing could be relevant. Or he's worried about someone getting close enough to him to stab him with some James Bond-style poisoned pen device?

1646061504420.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Guys, I’ve just realised that this is the new crisis which is going to rumble on for goodness how long. Years probably.

There is no way I’m going to feel sorry for myself when Ukrainians have war to contend with daily. I feel sorry for the Russian people too who are caught up in this. And the NATO countries in that area are all feeling scared. Some people are buying iodine in case of nuclear assault. Why can’t the world have a bit of good luck?

Reactions: 22
I’ll ask again. Why has Toyota been targeted?
this has head teacher vibes 😂😂
“I’m only asking one more time children” 🤣 joke!

I do worry about what these sanctions will do to the economy crisis we’re all facing right now,

I might sound heartless,
but I think we can worry about our own people and our own situations and not just about the people fleeing Ukraine. This is when it starts to get frustrating,
I’m glad covid has vanished but are the media planning on giving any coverage to the health crisis going on right now, 6 million cancer patients waiting on wait lists for treatments and operations, families feeding their kids at food banks and not having hot water or electricity at night.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
We had an urgent company-wide call about potential Russian cyber attacks at work this morning and they mentioned Japanese companies or any major brands who are either from NATO countries or who have business in those countries, as well as, countries against them, being targeted.
We were told to be extra vigilant about potential hacks on social media accounts, update or strengthen all passwords, avoid opening URLS in dodgy emails etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
So how you all think this will end? I’m trying hard to be positive but the odds are stacked against Ukraine and if he succeeds he won’t stop. Mind blowing how one little man can have so much power 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just going back to the uber-table...is this a sign of his paranoia, or does he just want us to know that he's got a really big table? I've seen it mentioned that he is ill and therefore concerned about catching Covid. He obviously doesn't want to be seen wearing a mask, so the distancing could be relevant. Or he's worried about someone getting close enough to him to stab him with some James Bond style poisoned pen device?

View attachment 1093618
Wait, so he is actually at the meeting himself? That does surprise me. Are we going to hear that he has body doubles like Saddam Hussain did?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.