Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CheshireLove

VIP Member
If you are pretty sure that he has been planning this a long time then the roots lie in the Annexation of the Crimea in 2014 at which point the American president was Barack Obama. I see no further aggressive moves during the Trump presidency. And a further full scale invasion under the Biden presidency. Which of these statements are not facts?
Obama put sanctions immediately on Russia for the annexation of Crimea. Trump took those away. Trump cleared the path for Putin. Trump also then said that Crimea belongs to Russia.

Trump had the US military abandon bases in Syria. The Russians took them right away.

The two men behind Yanukovych’s (Russian puppet) Presidency campaign were Paul Manafort and Rick Gates - who went on to be Trumps campaign manager and deputy campaign manager.

The entire Trump family and campaign and associates STINK of Russian corruption.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Slowpoker

VIP Member

I need to go and hug my dog, and go to bed. I'm so frightened as to what will happen over night, and what tomorrow's new will be.
I know people have kids and wee heartbroken for them but I'm not a mum. I have pets, a dog and a cat. I live by myself and they are my bestfriends. Seeing people fleeing with their pets is what sets me off.

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I can't help thinking, that whilst all normal people were worrying abot the pandemic, Putin was planning this invasion.
Stay strong Ukrainians across the world, we are in this together.

• Heart

barmcake

What a difference between Zelensky and the President of Afghanistan who couldn't get out quick enough. I think Putin under estimated the bravery of the Ukrainian people. Zelensky should be given our utmost admiration and I hope to God he and his family stay safe.

I pray someone puts a dose of novichock in Putin's tea. He needs taking out as politicians are terrified of him starting WW3 which would be the end of all of us.

Yel

Chatty Member
Exactly this. I'm not sure I care at all what influencers have to say on the matter. Most of the time when they do speak about things it's a box ticking exercise almost so they can say "yep, done my bit there". I can't see what any of them speaking out about the matter would do other than probably piss people off as they put on their best sympathy face whilst sat in their #gifted homes.
Influencers job is encouraging mass consumption to sell shit. Them just carrying on advertising holidays/chocolate bars/handbags shows them up for what they are - not people but commercial entities.

Slowpoker

VIP Member
I saw a Russian girl saying that the majority of people in her country don't support Putin but they are scared of him so they put up with it. The get attacked on the street, put in prison and people have also "disappeared" by trying to speak out against him. That he'll just kill them too 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 31

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
WHY IS NOBODY SENDING MILITARY TO JUST GET THEM OUT? They are all waiting for Russians to move past Ukraine. Can someone Educate me as to why they're waiting for this war to spread rather than act now? Why are they letting them take Ukraine so easily? Sanctions have not and will not do anything to deter them. Ukrainians are speaking out about needing help, why is everyone else just sitting sipping tea and watching them take more lives?
There are international laws and so on.
Also it’s a very slippery slope. After Afghanistan, Syrian and Iraq, everyone is cautious of all out wars and getting involved.
Also Ukraine is unfortunately not a NATO or EU member. However I don’t think Nato will let Russia take over.

The other thing we all need to realise and take into account is that Ukraine IS getting help. They got weapons and military equipment from multiple countries. They got money. They are getting medical equipment etc. multiple countries said they are taking in Ukrainian refugees.

And sanctions CAN and WILL hurt Putin. Putin is a puppet propped up by oligarchs. Do you think those people will sit patiently while they are cut off from all their money, properties etc? They won’t. Once they get impatient and angry and Putin loses their support, he is in trouble. Also there are protests all over Russia. They can’t arrest an entire country. Russia keeps trying to inflate what they achieved but if you think about what equipment they claim to have etc, they are not making progress at all. They got to Kiev. Ok, and? They are facing massive resistance from the Ukrainian public. They didn’t expect that. Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are proof that you can’t fight ideologies with armies. Russians are against this war. Ukrainians won’t give up their freedom. Once the Russian soldiers have to actually fight, it wouldn’t be surprising if they don’t exactly break a sweat.

• Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
It’s so easy for any of us to sit here and say we would get involved in fighting a war when the reality is none of us have been trained for one and most humans freeze when handed a gun despite believing they could use one.
We are risking returning to WW2 jingoism thinking there is glory in (voluntary) fighting, I’m already seeing the propaganda everywhere.
Being a soldier is a job that many civilians would struggle to do but anger can change people. The Ukrainians must be fueled by adrenaline. We shouldn't underestimate them.

It's also almost certain that these people aren't going back to the normal life they had before.

• Sad
Just listening to Ukraine’s ambassador address the UN - he said a guy blew himself up on a bridge to destroy it so Russian tanks could not advance. 💔

• Sad

miss n thropy

Chatty Member
I’m just so tired of stupid white men! (N.B. I dont think the majority of white men are stupid, i am sure most are horrified by the actions of the few who wield power for their own interest only. ) I miss George Carlin.
BB33D3B4-7227-4671-9A5A-5E1F592A7424.jpeg

• Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
When shit hits the fan, it’s usually a white man causing it though. Or some man at least
Really? Was Saddam Hussein a white man when he initiated the invasion of Kuwait. Where the initiators of the Rwandan genocide white men? What about the current wars in Yemen, or South Sudan, all white men right?

What about this delight?

Not only not a white man, but s black woman. Gasp.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Public service announcement.

stop reading the Daily Mail. 😐
Good to see China absconding from openly supporting Russia. One positive at least.

Notothefakes

VIP Member
I’m afraid a lot of Russians are beyond help. They have grown up with a steady diet of state led propaganda and probably believe the Ukraine is a gangster state and that the Russian liberators are a force for good.

God I know the UK isn’t perfect, but I will be for ever grateful that we have the Mail on one hand, the Guardian and many publications and outlets that lie inbetween, who can publish without fear of censorship or arrest.

I may not like what some people say. I may disagree with every fibre of my being. But my god I defend their right to say it. Censorship and deplatforming is the first sign of cowardice.
I know we have our issues but I’ve always felt lucky to have been born a British citizen.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
It’s now too dangerous for the BBC to broadcast live from Kyiv.

I know this sounds ridiculous but the way Putin is behaving is a bit like Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones when she burns Kings Landing to the ground. He’s lost the fucking plot.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

thegirlscout

VIP Member
A Russian run Instagram account is saying how they do not want this war to happen. They also posted about places in Russia where people have been vocal about this.
4DC77971-F61B-4543-B2CF-CE2CA784645F.jpeg
2F626558-8FD2-4ED3-8CF3-83C8224FABA8.jpeg
969A3221-DF55-4ADF-A073-E8FE5B3B8C4F.jpeg
B852B6E9-659C-43BE-84E0-087A8E4902A3.jpeg
EDFFA65F-B05B-4B0D-BD37-D8DF05AF59D4.jpeg
99BF2527-0772-461C-98E9-4D2C1BA3AD44.jpeg
13C5EF1C-3117-4327-8570-18C6B5EC0488.jpeg

• Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
There are international laws and so on.
Also it’s a very slippery slope. After Afghanistan, Syrian and Iraq, everyone is cautious of all out wars and getting involved.
Also Ukraine is unfortunately not a NATO or EU member. However I don’t think Nato will let Russia take over.

The other thing we all need to realise and take into account is that Ukraine IS getting help. They got weapons and military equipment from multiple countries. They got money. They are getting medical equipment etc. multiple countries said they are taking in Ukrainian refugees.

And sanctions CAN and WILL hurt Putin. Putin is a puppet propped up by oligarchs. Do you think those people will sit patiently while they are cut off from all their money, properties etc? They won’t. Once they get impatient and angry and Putin loses their support, he is in trouble. Also there are protests all over Russia. They can’t arrest an entire country. Russia keeps trying to inflate what they achieved but if you think about what equipment they claim to have etc, they are not making progress at all. They got to Kiev. Ok, and? They are facing massive resistance from the Ukrainian public. They didn’t expect that. Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are proof that you can’t fight ideologies with armies. Russians are against this war. Ukrainians won’t give up their freedom. Once the Russian soldiers have to actually fight, it wouldn’t be surprising if they don’t exactly break a sweat.
And do you think that the billionaire oligarchs have bank accounts and property squirrelled away in the west and only the west? That they don’t have billions on account in the Cayman Islands, Panama, or Iran, or Turkmenistan, or any other number of anti-Western countries? You don’t get to be a billionaire by being so stupid that you pop all your wealth into an instant access card account at Lloyds.

And where billions are involved there will be an endless stream of corrupt banking and government officials who are willing to....make errors....to facilitate these funds.

I work in financial services, my instructions are any payments to Russia are to be “delayed”. Delayed. Only delayed. I’m furious.