Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Becclo44

VIP Member
If we get involved then I just hope the end comes quick. We’d be absolutely fucked. That’s the answer to the ‘why are we just watching it happen?’ questions I’ve seen.
Exactly. I don’t understand why people are questioning why we aren’t sending troops and actively getting involved. Surely the answer is just obvious?!

• Sad
Reactions: 30

Slowpoker

VIP Member
Its tiring reading commentary from influencers on it, half the time all they post is some bland "I've been reading and educating myself about whats happening" which you know isn't true. But at the same time, there are people who then criticise influencers for posting anything else and for not mentioning Ukraine enough. I do think certain elements of social media should be an escape.
I remember when a lot was going on in Palestine and everyone was commenting on it Holly from Geordie shore posted on her stories that she can't comment on something she's not educated on, that she was trying to read links people sent her but also fact checking things so she didn't spread misinformation. She didn't want to just post links or quotes and pretend like she understood it all because she didnt. I'm not really a fan of any of that lot but I liked her honesty. Sharing link or a heartbreaking photo then going about their day isn't compassionate. It just makes them look like they care quickly and they don't need say anything.

Pinotsgoats

I need to go and hug my dog, and go to bed. I'm so frightened as to what will happen over night, and what tomorrow's new will be.

• Heart

July9696

Chatty Member
I’d literally rather end my own life than take the life of another, whether they are the “enemy” or not
If your children or other close family members were in the firing line, you might react differently.

No one knows what they would do in a situation until it’s actually happening, I can’t judge those who stay to flight or flee- I don’t know which decision I’d make

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I cannot believe how many of you are praising Trump. That orange traitor was at the beck and call of Putin his entire presidency. The reason for Trumps first impeachment was because he withheld 400 million dollars of aid to Ukraine because Zelenskiy wouldn’t dig up dirt on Biden.

Earlier this week Trump said Putin was “savvy” and “genius” for invading Ukraine.

Trump is a propaganda mouthpiece for Vladimir Putin.
Sorry but from my armchair perspective, Trump doesn’t give a shit about America or Americans. He’s a wannabe dictator himself. He wants to be Putin. Edit: I’m responding to the poster who was talking about Trump being about ‘America first’ I’m in agreement with @CheshireLove

Last edited:
  • Heart

barmcake

At first this thread terirified me however i love how balanced it is here and theres no scare mongering we deal with real facts that really helps too i think
I thought Tattle was just a gossip forum. Have never been so well informed on world events and love the fact that it's members are well informed and believe in freedom of speech without judgement.

I’ve a feeling Zelensky will be dead very soon. He’s absolutely prepared to go down fighting for his country. Could never imagine Boris doing that could you?
I think I'm in love with Zelensky.

I don’t want to be part of this world. 😭
I understand, it gets me that way too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

tkiff

The Ukrainian Ambadassor in the UN at the minute "Your words have less value than a hole in a New York pretzel!" When they get born, do Ukrainians get an extra dose of stone cold big bollockness? (men and women)

I seriously have a huge crush on basically the whole country
It’s in our blood. From generations of tyrannical leaders, war, famine, genocide.. we cannot afford to not have big balls. But we are really nice, I promise 🙏🖤

• Heart
  • Haha

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Hmm I don’t know about Zelensky. He comes across as radicalised in his recent videos. I really don’t think there is any glory in war. I don’t think writing off his wife and kids to a certain death and forcing his people to fight in the name of a country is admirable at all.
What choice did he have though? Sadly I don’t think he’s going to survive this and has probably accepted his fate and so he would rather die with a gun in his hand defending his country. If he was to flee it would break the morale of the men out fighting and would send a signal that Ukraine has all but surrendered. I know it’s like David and Goliath stuff but Ukraine are somehow holding their own, I guess Putin thought they’d roll over and he’d have a puppet leader installed in government by now.

• Heart

Nosymum

VIP Member
I woke at 1am and can’t sleep for worrying about all the Ukrainian people, the sheer thought of not being able to keep children safe is just too awful for words and I don’t think this will end anytime soon. Putin has lost it and I think pride will not let him stop. The Ukrainian people have shown the world how brave they are including their president he knows he won’t get out alive. As s former carer lll never forget a ww2 fighters words ‘me and the German soldier stared at each other it was obvious neither of us wanted to kill the other but we had too and I’m here’ 😔

• Sad

da1sycha1n

VIP Member
We have Mutually Assured Destruction and second strike ability . if they struck us with a nuke we can send a load of missiles in seconds back which would wipe out Russia . I bet trident and USA have all their missiles within range of Russia right now. It's in no one's interests to have a nuclear war apart from a complete nutter.

I worry about Putin's mental instability something's changed there I'm believing the terminal illness thing. I'm also starting to believe COVID might have been deliberately released . He's played a blinder though while we were all at home baking banana bread and panicking over COVID he has been plotting this and probably China was in on it.
you know Im starting to think the same thing, China and Russia in cahoots all along, what better way to destabilise the world than to throw germ warfare into the mix by accidentally on purpose leaking a disease causing world wide consequences and while every countries focus is on covid allowing Russia and China to plot and scheme what is impending

• Heart

NeverEnough

VIP Member
They are right about Trump though. As much as he acted like an orange idiot he kept Putin in his place. Biden is useless
When Trump said that it really wasn’t a good idea for American companies to farm out their jobs and production to China and perhaps they should bring them back to America the only response I heard were hysterical screams of Rascism.

I look at the situation today. Major European countries scared to properly sanction an aggressive regime because they are worried about gas prices. A society so addicted to cheap consumerism that when a stay at home order was issued to stop the spread of a deadly disease panic buying on an unprecedented scale followed. Even though from day one supermarkets remained open and fully stocked. The apparent number one priority? ToIlet paper.

If this is the result of globalisation I’m having a hard time understanding how Trump was wrong. Yes the phrase Make America Great Again, or America First was crass. But crass does not equal wrong.

Countries like Russia and China are not Western and do not share Western ideals. They have no history of democracy, never went through a Renaissance, and do not, and never have had, freedom of press or expression. Hell even their writing systems and alphabets are different. It’s nice to think we should concentrate on what unites rather than divides, but it is foolish to forget that the differences are real.

China has always considered other cultures to be uncivilised barbarians. That’s why they built the Great Wall folks. And if I am wrong about this I am prepared to be educated as to which current Chinese policies point to a liberal internationalist outlook? It’s China First. Ironically. If you don’t like an America First policy you have a constitutional right to vote to replace it four years later, which is exactly what happened. If you don’t like a China First policy? Well Tiananmen Square.

And the reason Ukraine exists (for what short time it has left 😢), is because at the fall of the Soviet Union they and lots of other areas chose to break away from decades or centuries of Russian rule and declared independence, and Russia wants them back. They always have. Are Russia the only imperial power in history? Of course not. But I see no government policy nor desire for the UK to reclaim New Zealand, France to reclaim Quebec, Austria to reabsorb Hungary, Mexico to reclaim Texas, or Mongolia to once again send out their Keshiks to overrun China. Yet here we are with Ukraine.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

CallieLallie

I’ve a feeling Zelensky will be dead very soon. He’s absolutely prepared to go down fighting for his country. Could never imagine Boris doing that could you?
I honstley appauled Zelensky I wish we had a leader like him! He is such a brave man who stands for what every leader should be like take note borris! I have the up most respect for him my heart honstkey breaks for him

under the ivy

VIP Member
Seeing the families with children getting off the train in Poland is heartbreaking. There’s a real human cost here (like any war) but after the past few years, the disruption seems more pertinent.

• Sad

anon0503

Why the fuck were nuclear weapons ever invented?

Been following this thread for the last 2 days as well as the news and I’ve been so anxious, imagining having to flee with my one year old and my husband being forced to fight it honestly honestly terrifies me.

• Sad
  • Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
I think Putin's idea of peace is Russia controlling Ukraine so they're not fighting back anymore.

Scutty

Can't stop watching all of this. Seriously what has the world come to. Turned 24 a month ago and I feel like life has just been a shit show for the past three years. How can one man destroy peace like this. I don't see him stopping at Ukraine unfortunately. Absolutely heart breaking . I've just seen on Instagram a Ukrainian woman say "I've woken up in a new life today. I am now a refugee, and I don't think I can handle it." Heartbreaking for those poor people

• Sad
  • Heart