Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
Thankfully us Irish will always side with the oppressed and not take kindly to invasion and threats from entitled bullies and mad men.

As much as people hate the Russian army I’m not sure how much these guys know what they’ve signed up for ,unless they’re radicalised to the cause ,he’s no more than a boy .View attachment 1088261
It captures the reality of it all, children going out to war to feed the ego of over zealous and maniacal people who think that the people of their country are just fodder and can be used as bullet catchers.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Things I’ve learned in the last few minutes, 2 children killed overnight 💔 33 civilian sites hit 😥 Ukraine say they’ve killed over 200 Russian troops but Russia are not acknowledging any casualties, they are also reporting that they’ve only hit military targets.

Russia’s defence ministry has issued a statement asking people to stay inside their homes and prepare petrol bombs to defend themselves 😔 just been reported on GMB.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
Ahh man, China are so evil
I hope I’ve got this right, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. My understanding is that China want to seize Taiwan, Japan is likely to defend Taiwan with Australia as their ally so China are cosying up to Russia in the event they need their help.

Reactions: 28

Carpediem69

VIP Member
Can any of the people watching Flightradar tell me why the US Airforce plane has been circling around over Krakow for the last couple of hours? That’s the only military craft I can see on there at the moment. Thanks
That ‘paperclip’ type of movement has been happening with US planes quite a lot over the past 4 days - I am not a military expert but imagine it is possibly intelligence gathering - monitoring strange movements, photographic intel etc - I am probably wrong and someone else may know more

quote of the day so far

Ukraine President Zelensky refuses to be evacuated

“I need ammunition, not a ride‘

Last edited:
  • Heart

monga

VIP Member
Landmarks have been lit up in support of the Ukrainian people from the Eiffel tower to the London eye

• Heart

Smileygirl

I think tonight could be the worst of the fighting so far, I dread to think what I’ll wake up to in the morning.
I have huge respect for Zelenskky and hope he and his family can be kept safe, he is the number 1 target.

• Sad

Autisteuse

VIP Member
How would I know?
all I know so far is that he’s hiding somewhere having handed out tens of thousands of guns out to normal people, blocked his people from leaving the borders and told them all to fight in his name.

It would never happen. If it got to that point we’d simply be nuked.
I was making a generalisation with the ‘hot’comment, I’m not having a personal argument with you. I can say what I like about the situation, this is literally a gossip forum.
I think that we can speculate what would happen. Ukranians would be utterly betrayed, completely bereft, if he left them to it. They're a proud and courageous people who cherish their democracy and the fact that their nation freely allows freedom of thought, association and conscience. From what I've gleaned from news reportage, they are glad to take up arms against those who would turn their country into a soviet satellite state, dominated by the fascist in the Kremlin. In my opinion Zelenskiy is the rallying force, the one behind whom they all stand to protect their cherished freedoms. War has a horrible human cost, and the fact that Ukraine is militarily outgunned by Russian Federation forces unfortunately makes conscription necessary. I appreciate your point of view, but respectfully disagree re: Zelenskiy's motives.

• Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
I still don’t understand how all these countries supplying ammunition isn’t pissing putin off. Surely we would be better remaining quiet. Yes we haven’t got boots on the ground but supplying millions of help publicly must be angering him
So you are saying the message the whole world sends to Putin should be that we are scared of him and he can do whatever he wants? So next he attacks EU member states and then countries like Sweden and Finland…

It’s very easy to direct your troops to fight but Putin himself wouldn’t last two minutes in the firing line, because behind it all he is a coward. Look at Zelensky. Now there’s a man who will go down in the history books. Not an evil bully who is the worst thing to happen to this world since Hitler
Putin 100% did not expect this. So many people didn’t take Zelensky seriously because he is a “comedian” but look at him handling this. And look at the Ukranian people listening to him and following him.

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
I think this is true on some level, but like was said in the Twitter thread there - the Ukrainians would be best served by a living 'badass' president, than one who died a martyr. Arguments for both sides, I guess.
Yes but he would do no good if he fled the country. If he leave the people are abandoned and its all over. He is the people's rallying cry, and he is inspiring his people (and the world) by showing he is there and calling out Putins lies and fighting (or at least making decisions). He has to be seen to be believed.

under the ivy

VIP Member
If Russia being kicked out of Eurovision is the 3rd sanction then I hate to think of any later developments. Banning Smirnoff?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
it means while they're not condemning them, they're not backing Russia, which is what Putin expects

Reactions: 27