Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gunshots were heard in an area quite close to the parliament building in Kiev :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Just saw a Russian military vehicle flatten a civillian car that was driving on a main road ( no reason for it ) the old fella survived and is being cut out of the wreckage ,they're just on a random killing spree by the look of it ,a lot of Russian fatalities too .
Just shitting all over the Geneva convention!!!! Then again did they sign it :unsure:

Reactions: 14
It’s interesting how if it’s something to do with Palestine or Black Lives Matter the influencers and celebrities are all over it, posting in solidarity but I’ve noticed with other causes, such as this and earlier in the year the rise in anti semitism, they were all quiet.
Is it more socially acceptable to post about the previous two than others? I’ve noticed that AOC, Ilhan Omar, Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman who are often very vocal on these sort of issues have not posted about Ukraine.
Yep. The usual virtue-signalling story. They will be unsure of which " bandwagon" to jump on in this case.

Detestable bastards, all of them 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Now we've got the Hollywood wokerati diving on the bandwagon FML 😖
Nothing is off limits when there's a stalled career to resurrect. Dickheads. 😤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yep. The usual virtue-signalling story. They will be unsure of which " bandwagon" to jump on in this case.

Luckily people don't fall for it now. They're kind of in their corner shouting loudly with people just rolling their eyes.

Reactions: 12
I wonder if Russia will stop US/EU/NATO alliance entering airspace. Does read very ominously seeing UK being targeted singularly at the moment.

I’m still WFH and have quite a few personal issues but I can’t stop watching the news.

Reactions: 8
Just shitting all over the Geneva convention!!!! Then again did they sign it :unsure:
Yes. but..(all below taken directly from Wikipedia because I'm a genius)

Conventions I–IV and Protocols I and II ratified as the Soviet Union.
Declaration under Article 90 of Protocol 1 withdrawn in 2019.

On 16 October 2019, President Vladimir Putin submitted a State Duma bill to revoke Russia's ratification of the protocol:
"Exceptional circumstances affect the interests of the Russian Federation and require urgent action.... In the current international environment, the risks of abuse of the commission's powers for political purposes by unscrupulous states who act in bad faith have increased significantly."

Protocol I is a 1977 amendment protocol to the Geneva Conventions relating to the protection of victims of international conflicts, where "armed conflicts in which peoples are fighting against colonial domination, alien occupation or racist regimes" are to be considered international conflicts. It reaffirms the international laws of the original Geneva Conventions of 1949, but adds clarifications and new provisions to accommodate developments in modern international warfare that have taken place since the Second World War.

Reactions: 7

It's the proverbial hand wringing and recycled nasal cry of: "sEnDinG lOve, tHoUghtS anD prAyErs" for me - along with the incredibly tone deaf, patronising and belittling comparison of Russia-Ukraine war to relationships where an overly-possessive ex can't let their former partner go (I've seen it do the rounds on IG and thought it was beyond stupid)

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
All these influences pissing me off. Not one bloody person posted anything about it. Actually Kelly Stamps shared something, and she is all the way in the US. Everyone in the UK just going about their day, posting about food, ads, makeup, gifted etc. It feels wrong. My whole day felt so pointless and I couldn't even concentrate on one thing except obsessively reading the news and making sure my friends and family are okay. It infuriates me that they have a platform that can be used to speak up, but all of them are so self involved that they can't see anything but the top of their noses. They get paid outrageous amounts of money FOR WHAT? I'm sorry but I'm just so annoyed! Everyone is so superficial and I feel sick. If it doesn't directly affect their life e.g. Covid restrictions or jabs - they just don't want to know about it. I apologise if it's off topic I had to let this out.
Why do you want to see them posting about it? They are uneducated, money grabbing idiots! All of them! They will mention it when they think it'll bring an audience to their page. It boils my blood to see any of them mentioning stuff like this! Fake sadness, to draw in an audience! No thank you!! None of them are educated enough to share anything about it!

Shocking sad to see all this unfolding before our eyes. And so close to home! This is stuff we read about in history books, not witness! 😥

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
If you think the instahuns are bad I have a relative (who i no longer talk to I must add) who is posting all over twitter that Putin is a good guy and deserves a medal. They utterly disgust me.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I'm watching CNN and their was air raid sirens starting in the background. The reporter then says something along the lines of 'this is real this is not a drill' and those words just sent a chill right through me

It's surreal

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Really? Was Saddam Hussein a white man when he initiated the invasion of Kuwait. Where the initiators of the Rwandan genocide white men? What about the current wars in Yemen, or South Sudan, all white men right?

What about this delight?

Not only not a white man, but s black woman. Gasp.
Yep. And people like Idi Amin , or Pol Pot.
Millions dead, suffered .........

Seems to get conveniently forgotten......

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Which channel do people find the best to watch if you're watching rolling news? I gravitate towards the BBC but I find they repeat a lot.

Reactions: 9
Yes. but..(all below taken directly from Wikipedia because I'm a genius)

Conventions I–IV and Protocols I and II ratified as the Soviet Union.
Declaration under Article 90 of Protocol 1 withdrawn in 2019.

On 16 October 2019, President Vladimir Putin submitted a State Duma bill to revoke Russia's ratification of the protocol:
"Exceptional circumstances affect the interests of the Russian Federation and require urgent action.... In the current international environment, the risks of abuse of the commission's powers for political purposes by unscrupulous states who act in bad faith have increased significantly."

Protocol I is a 1977 amendment protocol to the Geneva Conventions relating to the protection of victims of international conflicts, where "armed conflicts in which peoples are fighting against colonial domination, alien occupation or racist regimes" are to be considered international conflicts. It reaffirms the international laws of the original Geneva Conventions of 1949, but adds clarifications and new provisions to accommodate developments in modern international warfare that have taken place since the Second World War.
Trying hard to understand this. I guess arming civilians means anyone is a legitimate target.

I see some Russian guy on now, he said if the UK stopped Ireland from speaking their own language it wouldn't be tolerated but its tolerated in Ukraine.
Nice spin.

Reactions: 9
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Which channel do people find the best to watch if you're watching rolling news? I gravitate towards the BBC but I find they repeat a lot.
Mainly watching al jazeera today, they've got people broadcasting while walking and driving around the streets.

Reactions: 10
It's in response to us banning their flagship airline... This explains it:

View attachment 1086549
Phew for a minute I thought we were being singled out due to the word salad put out by the ex royal in CA yesterday Standing with Ukraine.
This imbecile needs to keep his ginger gob shut - as a part of the BRF he should not be involving himself in politics especially at this level - playing his xbox in a bunker does not make him a military/warfare strategist and he is doing more harm than good.
Rant over.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.