Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. I'm not sure I care at all what influencers have to say on the matter. Most of the time when they do speak about things it's a box ticking exercise almost so they can say "yep, done my bit there". I can't see what any of them speaking out about the matter would do other than probably piss people off as they put on their best sympathy face whilst sat in their #gifted homes.
Influencers job is encouraging mass consumption to sell tit. Them just carrying on advertising holidays/chocolate bars/handbags shows them up for what they are - not people but commercial entities.

Reactions: 32
Influencers job is encouraging mass consumption to sell tit. Them just carrying on advertising holidays/chocolate bars/handbags shows them up for what they are - not people but commercial entities.
Empty vessels. If NATO end up embroiled in a war I’m guessing not many people will give a tit about their teeth whitening strips or swipe up links.

Reactions: 20
Ben Wallace, Defence Secretary has just been on GMB saying that “Putin is not in his rational mind” and he knows no sanctions will stop him advancing. I’m sure he preempted those tactics and is probably having a great laugh at the weak response.
Exactly. Not one duck given and yes weak. Worrying.

Reactions: 6
Exactly. Not one duck given and yes weak. Worrying.
These sanctions will only affect the ordinary Russian people and Putin clearly doesn’t give a tit about them. He’s refusing to even acknowledge the deaths of Russian soldiers in Ukraine that’s how much respect he has for the men he’s sent to fight his war.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Gunfire in the government quarter of Kyiv …UK being singled out 😏
49EE350B-8FE6-4FBA-BD82-A1EC4915F4C6.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Is anyone else in complete disbelief that we're watching this happen and allowing it to happen? It seems the world is helpless. We're going to watch Kyiv fall today in real time :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 37
I have seen some posts asking whether Prince Michael of Kent could/should try to speak with Putin - this is due to his historical links - below - surely anything is worth a try and who knows he may already be involved in some capacity -
Russia
Prince Michael of Kent after his investiture by President Dmitry Medvedev with the Order of Friendshipat the Kremlin in 2009
Prince Michael speaks fluent Russian[31] and has a strong interest in Russia, where he is a well-known figure (he is a recipient of the Order of Friendship). Tsar Nicholas II was a first cousin of three of his grandparents: George V, Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark, and Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia. When the bodies of the Tsar and some of his family were recovered in 1991, the remains were later identified by DNA using, among others, a sample from Prince Michael for recognition.[32] He attended the 1998 burial of the Tsar and his family in St Petersburg.[33] He is an honorary member of the Romanov Family Association.[34] He is also the second cousin of Maria Vladimirovna, Grand Duchess of Russia, who is a claimant to the headship of the Imperial Family of Russia. They share the same great-grandfather, Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich. Prince Michael is the patron of organisations which have close ties with Russia, including the Russo-British Chamber of Commerce and the St Gregory's Foundation.[35] In his capacity as patron of Children's Fire and Burns Trust, Prince Michael has led fundraising rallies in 1999 and 2003 in Russia to raise money for the charity. He also led another rally in 2005 and raised money for the Royal Marsden Hospitaland Britain's Charities Aid Foundation Russia.[35]

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Really? Was Saddam Hussein a white man when he initiated the invasion of Kuwait. Where the initiators of the Rwandan genocide white men? What about the current wars in Yemen, or South Sudan, all white men right?

What about this delight?

Not only not a white man, but s black woman. Gasp.
I am sorry that my original post seems to have started some internecine war amongst tattlers.

I know we are all united in our condemnation of the current atrocity committed by Putin. My original point was that I am tired of those men who happen to be stupid and white, not all men. not only Putin, but also his enablers; his poodle parliament, (yes, I know there are some women in it) and those on the west, such as Nigel Farage and other more serious politicians, who have stated their admiration of him or looked the other way.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think it's best to draw a line on this race and gender stuff. It's not going anywhere good and it'll disrupt this thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Russian Foreign Minister in talks with officials from Donetsk and Luhansk on their plans to open embassies in Moscow (picture via ABC News AU* from RIA via Telegram). Ah yes, look at those masks and covid spacing. There's not an invasion happening, is there? :rolleyes:

1645782661238.png

Through Google translate:
1645782922220.png

*I'm really appreciating the rolling coverage from ABC AU, they seem to cover bits Guardian/BBC/Times either don't or take an extra while to post.

Reactions: 9
Just saw a Russian military vehicle flatten a civillian car that was driving on a main road ( no reason for it ) the old fella survived and is being cut out of the wreckage ,they're just on a random killing spree by the look of it ,a lot of Russian fatalities too .

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
The amount of influencers (and just normal friends and family too!) sharing images of other people's trauma while they sit at home comfy not sharing links / support / factual information on how to help is GROSSSSSSSS. Thoughts and prayers is BS, those kids didn't consent to you sharing them on your insta, makes me rage

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.