Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he kind of knew that would happen though that countries would help and support Ukraine. Imagine if we all just backed down and left it? Putin would become even more big headed and think he was succeeding/nobody will stand up to him so he can do what he wants. We have to do something we can’t just sit back and ignore his actions, but at the moment providing weapons and supporting them (even if it does piss him off a little), is better than storming in there with our army and really upsetting him which would potentially start WW3.
True I guess there is no complete right or wrong way to go about it, just a best way at the time and time will tell what happens

Reactions: 10
Why couldn’t we have guaranteed that NATO wouldn’t extend further than Germany in the first place? That’s what Putin wanted. I don’t trust America at all.

Reactions: 8
I still don’t understand how all these countries supplying ammunition isn’t pissing putin off. Surely we would be better remaining quiet. Yes we haven’t got boots on the ground but supplying millions of help publicly must be angering him
I have a suspicion that what is being released in the media is strategic and only a fraction of help that is being provided. I think (well, at least I hope) there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: 24
I’m not saying anything, I’m just voicing an opinion, we see boots on the ground as prodding the bear but sending all this help and making it very well know isn’t prodding the bear.. that doesn’t make complete sense to me. I don’t know how you handle a complete hole like putin.
“Surely we would be better remaining quiet” - in this case if we did that, it would just encourage Putin. You also have to remember that Ukraine literally borders the Schengen zone and multiple Nato countries. If you look on a map, it’s all smaller countries next to Ukraine. There were issues with smuggling goods etc from Ukraine into Hungary and Romania but Ukraine wants to join Nato and the EU so they tried to at least not overdo it. What do you think Putin would do if he was literally sitting on the border into the Schengen zone? Also Ukraine has a lot of resources Russia wants. We already depend on Russia way too much. So letting them control Ukraine would mean we need even more from them.

Why couldn’t we have guaranteed that NATO wouldn’t extend further than Germany in the first place? That’s what Putin wanted. I don’t trust America at all.
Because the whole point is to counter bigger countries. It extends to Germany then Russia comes and takes all the baltic/balkan countries and all of a sudden Nato is toast.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Our disgrace of a government is refusing to waive visa applications for Ukrainians wanting to come to the U.K. There are actually Brits living there who won’t flee because they are worried their spouses won’t be allowed to come with them. Ireland has done so, so why can’t we we?

I actually hate this country I really do.
The UK Govt is accepting visa applications made by Ukranians.

Reactions: 15
“Surely we would be better remaining quiet” - in this case if we did that, it would just encourage Putin. You also have to remember that Ukraine literally borders the Schengen zone and multiple Nato countries. If you look on a map, it’s all smaller countries next to Ukraine. There were issues with smuggling goods etc from Ukraine into Hungary and Romania but Ukraine wants to join Nato and the EU so they tried to at least not overdo it. What do you think Putin would do if he was literally sitting on the border into the Schengen zone? Also Ukraine has a lot of resources Russia wants. We already depend on Russia way too much. So letting them control Ukraine would mean we need even more from them.
I’m not here for an argument/discussion. I just voiced an opinion, and was looking for some feedback and I have received some feedback. I meant remaining quiet on how much help/ammunination we are giving, we are very vocal about it.. But like someone said we probably are hiding how much we are giving under wraps which makes sense.

The UK Govt is accepting visa applications made by Ukranians.
Oh that’s nice of them, what good is a visa application right now? Visa’s can take ages and these people don’t have that time. They should be waiving them temporarily as the Irish government have done.

Reactions: 9
What happens if/when the Russians succeed in taking over the Ukrainian government, that would change things for the West, no? Do they just back off and let them get on with it?
I fear there is a lot of propaganda mainly about how well Ukraine are withstanding all this, no casualties reported after that missile strike, really?

Reactions: 11
What happens if/when the Russians succeed in taking over the Ukrainian government, that would change things for the West, no? Do they just back off and let them get on with it?
I fear there is a lot of propaganda mainly about how well Ukraine are withstanding all this, no casualties reported after that missile strike, really?
They are reporting casualties. Their numbers are realistic given that there was no actual open war until they got to Kiev. After the first wave of attacks they reported casualties too.

The russian troops weren’t exactly having a good time even before they invaded Ukraine. There are reports with pictures of them being crammed into places like train stations and spending days in the cold, with no food etc. also locals were reporting that they drink a lot and they even trade their fuel for booze.

Russia military equipment is old, it malfunctions and Russians don’t want this war either. So it is totally possible that those who are fighting because they were sent there by Putin aren’t enthusiastic and those who are defending their country are doing serious damage.

Also Ukraine is armed by the UK, US and now France. So they might not have the numbers but they are not as unprepared as Russia expected.

Reactions: 19
So you are saying the message the whole world sends to Putin should be that we are scared of him and he can do whatever he wants? So next he attacks EU member states and then countries like Sweden and Finland…

Putin 100% did not expect this. So many people didn’t take Zelensky seriously because he is a “comedian” but look at him handling this. And look at the Ukranian people listening to him and following him.
BIB: Finland and Sweden are EU member states; that's why this is even more complicated.

Russia military equipment is old, it malfunctions and Russians don’t want this war either.
That's been the case in the past, but for this wouldn't they have been preparing for 10+ years and have new more reliable equipment that won't malfunction as much as it did during Afghanistan?

I wonder what % of Russians want this war? Lots must do and have swallowed up the propaganda.

Reactions: 7
They are reporting casualties. Their numbers are realistic given that there was no actual open war until they got to Kiev. After the first wave of attacks they reported casualties too.

The russian troops weren’t exactly having a good time even before they invaded Ukraine. There are reports with pictures of them being crammed into places like train stations and spending days in the cold, with no food etc. also locals were reporting that they drink a lot and they even trade their fuel for booze.

Russia military equipment is old, it malfunctions and Russians don’t want this war either. So it is totally possible that those who are fighting because they were sent there by Putin aren’t enthusiastic and those who are defending their country are doing serious damage.

Also Ukraine is armed by the UK, US and now France. So they might not have the numbers but they are not as unprepared as Russia expected.
To add to your last, also Estonia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Latvia, Lithuania, Australia....

Also worth noting that he didn’t threaten Finland and Sweden with warfare.
Sweden, Finland and Russia have history dating back centuries. But also, in the last 24 hours Putin has warned Sweden and Finland against joining NATO - they'd face "military and political consequences" which, given he spoke of invading Ukraine as a "special military operation", doesn't sound much like a simple, gentle reminder.

Reactions: 11
Love how good Deborah Haines looks on sky news , she has reported none stop , she can’t be sleeping with all the noise , her dedication is admirable !

Reactions: 8
@smirkingrevenge ah I see, I've just seen some of the casualties may have been children :cry:
I just don't understand why Putin would effectively starve his soldiers, I know he treats his people as worker bees but still.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Love how good Deborah Haines looks on sky news , she has reported none stop , she can’t be sleeping with all the noise , her dedication is admirable !
She's been brilliant. Totally still on the ball and corrects Austin the moment he accidentally says something misleading / wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.