Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@smirkingrevenge ah I see, I've just seen some of the casualties may have been children :cry:
I just don't understand why Putin would effectively starve his soldiers, I know he treats his people as worker bees but still.
Because that’s how Russian military always worked. Just think about how ill equipped they were in WW2. They spend money on technology and arming themselves but not on making sure the soldiers are in good shape. They play the numbers game. They think they have enough people. What they forget that in the past they had to defend their country, the same way Ukraine is defending itself now. Entirely different situation mentally for people.

Reactions: 16
For everything we do know, you can bet the secret services and military are doing lots we don't know.

It wouldn't even surprise me if some covert elite units from foreign countries are on the ground.

Whatever I'm just relieved to wake up and see Ukraine hasn't fallen and is still fighting. Whatever the outcome they aren't going down easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
For everything we do know, you can bet the secret services and military are doing lots we don't know.

It wouldn't even surprise me if some covert elite units from foreign countries are on the ground.

Whatever I'm just relieved to wake up and see Ukraine hasn't fallen and is still fighting. Whatever the outcome they aren't going down easy.
They aren’t going down at all. Russia is not making progress. Russians are still protesting which could and hopefully will grow into an all out revolution.

Even though sanctions aren’t rolling in as hard and fast as they could, multiple countries are sending military equipment to Ukraine and other aid too.

And we all know the CIA is both in Ukraine and Russia… Putin hasn’t been seen out and about in a while. He hasn’t travelled much either. You bet he is scared he will be taken out.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't know, it just feels like Russia are using this first onslaught to weaken and fatigue the Ukrainian people, when they have they'll bring on the real attack.
Because that’s how Russian military always worked. Just think about how ill equipped they were in WW2. They spend money on technology and arming themselves but not on making sure the soldiers are in good shape. They play the numbers game. They think they have enough people. What they forget that in the past they had to defend their country, the same way Ukraine is defending itself now. Entirely different situation mentally for people.
This is reassuring, thank you.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
They aren’t going down at all. Russia is not making progress. Russians are still protesting which could and hopefully will grow into an all out revolution.

Even though sanctions aren’t rolling in as hard and fast as they could, multiple countries are sending military equipment to Ukraine and other aid too.

And we all know the CIA is both in Ukraine and Russia… Putin hasn’t been seen out and about in a while. He hasn’t travelled much either. You bet he is scared he will be taken out.
There is hundreds of spies in Ukraine and thousands in Russia, my bet is that Putin will be taken out by his own. He’s messing with their precious money and their businesses. Sure war and genocide is fine but if you mess with oligarchs money and lifestyle habits, you’re basically a marked man.

Reactions: 25
This has been well thought out they’re targeting things with the most impact on the people
30C761DF-885F-4FDC-A131-5857C237A6BF.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't see staying, leading and fighting alongside your countrymen for your country as martyrdom. I find that quite a shocking opinion tbh. He is obviously doing something right as they haven't found him yet, I'd say he is being quite clever

He would do no good fleeing the country, he may save himself and family but the country would be doomed.

The other option is to let Russia walk on in.

They are literally fighting for their lives.

Would we not do the same? Or would be let Russia just take over the UK
Yes, we would do the same. I believe we would fight to the bitter end.

We will never have to, luckily. Some people need to remember that before being so quick to denigrate Britain , the Defence Forces, etc.
It's our defences that maintain our freedoms and lifestyle. The Ukraine has been invaded and their people dying each day. That won't happen to the U.K.... This is also why it's important to maintain NATO to protect the whole ( all of its Member Countries) and to help others who aren't ( support, know-how, weapons of needed, Humanitarian aid, etc , food, anything) .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
After the end of the Soviet Union we started a good relationship with Russia. The queen visited in the 90s and in 2003 Putin had a state visit here. Its amazing how countries relationships can change over time.

The atmosphere does really seem to be changing.

With each hour Putin's position is looking more hopeless. If the support at home evaporates he's lost.

Was he expecting it to be like the western withdrawal of Afghanistan? Maybe he was spurred on by that? That situation was so very different.

I don't know, it just feels like Russia are using this first onslaught to weaken and fatigue the Ukrainian people, when they have they'll bring on the real attack.
Ha just as I wrote a positive post I see this and you're right. Hopefully he'll lose support by the end of the weekend and not bring on the real attack.

• Heart
Australian interview with Kate, a Kyiv resident (she lives near the power station which Russia tried to snaffle).

Reactions: 5
Watching Zelensky speak live now, he’s asking for help again and looks exhausted 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
There is hundreds of spies in Ukraine and thousands in Russia, my bet is that Putin will be taken out by his own. He’s messing with their precious money and their businesses. Sure war and genocide is fine but if you mess with oligarchs money and lifestyle habits, you’re basically a marked man.
Surely there must be hundreds of people holding his billions that would love to see him taken out so they can keep the money they're shielding?

Reactions: 14
you know Im starting to think the same thing, China and Russia in cahoots all along, what better way to destabilise the world than to throw germ warfare into the mix by accidentally on purpose leaking a disease causing world wide consequences and while every countries focus is on covid allowing Russia and China to plot and scheme what is impending
You are not the only one thinking along those lines. Russia and China are both bastard dictatorships, they'd love nothing more than the collapse of Western Civilisation.
We will not let that happen at whatever the cost.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Zelensky is an absolute hero. I really hope he makes it out of this so he can rebuild with his people.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This is what I’ve been saying too… they are cut off from liquid cash as well as their assets abroad. Imagine if you had millions in real estate, yachts and cars and couldn’t even sell them because your bank accounts are frozen too… and the people of Russia probably don’t like the oligarchs either. It must be pretty uncomfortable to be stuck there or even abroad knowing what you can do is very limited. Their visas etc are all tied to their money too. No money no nothing. And even though they make their money in Russia, it’s only because they can export to the west. So it’s not even guaranteed they can make back what they are losing now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The Netherlands announced they're giving 200 stingers. Imagine if all the 30 countries helping are giving this many ground to air high tech tracking missiles. If They're spread out all over it will make it very difficult to hold the country for long.

Reactions: 14
The atmosphere does really seem to be changing.

With each hour Putin's position is looking more hopeless. If the support at home evaporates he's lost.

Was he expecting it to be like the western withdrawal of Afghanistan? Maybe he was spurred on by that? That situation was so very different.

Ha just as I wrote a positive post I see this and you're right. Hopefully he'll lose support by the end of the weekend and not bring on the real attack.
Russian people are just as patriotic though, but yes I hope those being hit in the pocket stop the mad man.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.