Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's great countries are giving supplies. My only concern is are there enough troops in Ukraine to use then, and use then well. Hope so because Russia does seem to be uniting the world, the one thing it doesn't want

Reactions: 13
You are not the only one thinking along those lines. Russia and China are both bastard dictatorships, they'd love nothing more than the collapse of Western Civilisation.
We will not let that happen at whatever the cost.
Not exactly, China needs the west to buy their products to keep their economy strong, if they went against the west, they’re a third world country again with no money or food to care for their people.

Russia also relies on us and Turkey to feed their people, as Russia can’t produce food. What’s the use of blocking the west if you can’t feed your people without it?

Reactions: 19
That's been the case in the past, but for this wouldn't they have been preparing for 10+ years and have new more reliable equipment that won't malfunction as much as it did during Afghanistan?

I wonder what % of Russians want this war? Lots must do and have swallowed up the propaganda.
There will be many who don't want war, of course. But they'll be ignored, or arrested and locked away if they cause trouble. People in Russia don't have the freedom of rights or expression that we enjoy. They are a dictatorship. Many younger Russians have only known putin and its heavily indoctrinated in their schools, etc

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Zelensky is being back by literally everyone even if not directly but by abandoning Russia, all these countries are basically supporting Ukraine. China also backed out

Reactions: 14
Watching Zelensky speak live now, he’s asking for help again and looks exhausted 😔
He's in an impossible situation, and he's really proving his mettle.

A lot of people say he should have left Kyiv, but really he had no choice in the matter. That would have hugely demoralised Ukraine, and would have been what Russia wanted. They could have played on that, and anyone who thinks Russia would just have strolled in and not caused any harm is I'm sorry, woefully naive. Ukrainians are fighting for their country, and many will remember what life was like for them in the USSR (not a barrel of laughs, that's for sure). They've seen what's happened in Chechnya, in South Ossetia and other places.

He's a dead man walking any which way, or do people not remember what Russia does to dissidents? Remember what Russia did in Salisbury?! Litvinenko? They poisoned Yushchenko, former president of Ukraine.

Even if they allowed him to live it would not be a happy life. I'm a big old peacenik, but he wasn't the one who invaded another country, and attacked it's people, their children.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Who would win if it was Nato vs Russia?
My fear would be that Putin is waiting for NATO to become involved. If this happens will it bring China in on Putin‘s side? If that happens might we have all out war in Europe?

From the information seen so far I would say most Russians do not want this war and have not been consulted about it.

If this is the case it might be prudent to see the invasion as the Kremlin and Putin - not Russia. I fear that Ukraine might be just a stepping stone for where Putin wants to get to. I wish there was a bit more news on the cyber war that must be going on. I don’t think we can only judge on what we can see.

Praying for Ukraine and Russians who do not want this war, and for EVERYONE traumatised by these events.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
There will be many who don't want war, of course. But they'll be ignored, or arrested and locked away if they cause trouble. People in Russia don't have the freedom of rights or expression that we enjoy. They are a dictatorship. Many younger Russians have only known putin and its heavily indoctrinated in their schools, etc
They were out protesting Thursday night and last night too.

Reactions: 12
That's been the case in the past, but for this wouldn't they have been preparing for 10+ years and have new more reliable equipment that won't malfunction as much as it did during Afghanistan?

I wonder what % of Russians want this war? Lots must do and have swallowed up the propaganda.
Zelensky is an absolute hero. I really hope he makes it out of this so he can rebuild with his people.
Totally agree. Most presidents would be straight out. The afghan president was straight out wasn't he? Zlensky is a real hero. Th3 same as the Klitcko brothers, amazing x

Reactions: 18

A lot of people say he should have left Kyiv, but really he had no choice in the matter. That would have hugely demoralised Ukraine, and would have been what Russia wanted. They could have played on that, and anyone who thinks Russia would just have strolled in and not caused any harm is I'm sorry, woefully naive. Ukrainians are fighting for their country, and many will remember what life was like for them in the USSR (not a barrel of laughs, that's for sure). They've seen what's happened in Chechnya, in South Ossetia and other places.

He's a dead man walking any which way, or do people not remember what Russia does to dissidents? Remember what Russia did in Salisbury?! Litvinenko? They poisoned Yushchenko, former president of Ukraine.

Even if they allowed him to live it would not be a happy life. I'm a big old peacenik, but he wasn't the one who invaded another country, and attacked it's people, their children.
I agree, I'm all for peace but I fully believe in standing up to bullies. If you're attacked you absolutely have the right to defend yourself. This is a situation most of us haven't seen in our lifetimes, only our grandparents/great grandparents would have seen something like this.

Putin knows he can’t just execute another president. That’s why he didn’t just get Zelensky killed. Yes he did have people poisoned but they were Russian citizens etc. if he could have solved this so easily he wouldn’t have started this war.

If he loses and then Zelensky dies, that will weaken Putin’s position even more. He can’t win this.

Reactions: 8
It’s scary watching war happen in real time, i remember watching American tanks invading Iraq and being terrified, and they were pre recorded clips and not the live footage we now have constantly.

Humans aren’t meant to be able to know so many horrible things at once, I genuinely think if I was ignorant I would be a far happier person

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A lot of people say he should have left Kyiv, but really he had no choice in the matter. That would have hugely demoralised Ukraine, and would have been what Russia wanted.
Exactly, if he had fled that could have easily led to the whole country being taken in hours as people give up.

Morale is the most important thing. The figure head has to keep going.

Putin must be hating all the memes.

Reactions: 20
My fear would be that Putin is waiting for NATO to become involved. If this happens will it bring China in on Putin‘s side? If that happens might we have all out war in Europe?

From the information seen so far I would say most Russians do not want this war and have not been consulted about it.

If this is the case it might be prudent to see the invasion as the Kremlin and Putin - not Russia. I fear that Ukraine might be just a stepping stone for where Putin wants to get to. I wish there was a bit more news on the cyber war that must be going on. I don’t think we can only judge on what we can see.

Praying for Ukraine and Russians who do not want this war, and for EVERYONE traumatised by these events.
China abstained from voting on a UN resolution to condemn Russia. This has been seen as China openly withdrawing their support from Russia. Russia is being abandoned by everyone

• Wow
Reactions: 18

One thing I find reassuring with the cyber warfare is that Anonymous is going for Russia. I'm comforting myself with the notion that while Russian hackers would've had their targets, with Anonymous laying siege to official sites, they're going to be a little distracted trying to stop them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
MOD update, Russia yet to gain airspace

• Wow
Trump didn't say invading Ukraine was genius and savvy.

He was talking about the strategy to declare the separatist regions of the Ukraine independent, this was before the full scale invasion.

That "fact check" anti tory Instagram account a few pages ago is the pits. It's repeating half-truths or things out of context that suits their agenda all while masquerading as facts and the truth :sick: . This doesn't help anyone. It's just someone in their bedroom looking for cash donations.
I fail to see how the following is NOT a support of Putin's invasion:
"So, Putin is now saying, “It’s independent,” a large section of Ukraine. I said, “How smart is that?” And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force… We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy… I know him very well. Very, very well."
Doesn't bode well for American democracy, does it?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.