Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As both are former Soviet countries, the propaganda from each side is very strong in this war. Russia speaks for itself, but I doubt a lot of the information from the Kyiv Independent is accurate either. 3,500 Russians dead already? The Russia-Afghan war lasted 10 years and saw 15,000 Russians soldiers killed. Surely they can't have lost 3,500 in 2 days?

It's proving difficult to get an accurate picture of what is going on, other than Ukraine seems to be putting up a good fight.
They've downed a couple of big Russian airplanes that could have been carrying lots of troops. Its impossible to know for sure one way or another but it seems plausible if these massive carriers were full of troops

Reactions: 14
Trump didn't say invading Ukraine was genius and savvy.

He was talking about the strategy to declare the separatist regions of the Ukraine independent, this was before the full scale invasion.

That "fact check" anti tory Instagram account a few pages ago is the pits. It's repeating half-truths or things out of context that suits their agenda all while masquerading as facts and the truth :sick: . This doesn't help anyone. It's just someone in their bedroom looking for cash donations.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Donald Trump has said that Vladimir Putin is “very savvy” and made a “genius” move by declaring two regions of eastern Ukraine as independent states and moving Russian armed forces to them.

Trump said he saw the escalation of the Ukrainian crisis on TV “and I said: ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine … Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

The former US president said that the Russian president had made a “smart move” by sending “the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen” to the area.

Trump, a long-term admirer of Putin who was impeached over allegations he threatened to withhold aid to Ukraine unless it could help damage the reputation of Joe Biden, praised the Russian president’s moves while also claiming that they would not have happened if he was still president.

Reactions: 20
We have Mutually Assured Destruction and second strike ability . if they struck us with a nuke we can send a load of missiles in seconds back which would wipe out Russia . I bet trident and USA have all their missiles within range of Russia right now. It's in no one's interests to have a nuclear war apart from a complete nutter.

I worry about Putin's mental instability something's changed there I'm believing the terminal illness thing. I'm also starting to believe COVID might have been deliberately released . He's played a blinder though while we were all at home baking banana bread and panicking over COVID he has been plotting this and probably China was in on it.
you know Im starting to think the same thing, China and Russia in cahoots all along, what better way to destabilise the world than to throw germ warfare into the mix by accidentally on purpose leaking a disease causing world wide consequences and while every countries focus is on covid allowing Russia and China to plot and scheme what is impending

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't understand the point of attacking ships with Russian crews. It isn't going to make the Russians any more likely to support Putin and surely would even turn supporters against him? What's the point?
May be Putin is calling them traitors. I think he will use the same charges as he will on the Russian protesters.

I tried to search what would happen if Putin died. I wondered if he had selected a successor to carry on his wishes. I cannot find anything yet.

Reactions: 9
1645866472516.png
1645866577575.png

May be Putin is calling them traitors. I think he will use the same charges as he will on the Russian protesters.

I tried to search what would happen if Putin died. I wondered if he had selected a successor to carry on his wishes. I cannot find anything yet.
I can imagine Putin would keep those cards very firmly hidden. He wouldn't want his opponents to think "well if we can bump off Person X..." nor for a second court, if you will, to appear. It's all him him him.

Reactions: 11
I read that putin will deploy thermobaric rockets which is terrifying (read it in the Telegraph)
white phosphorus that is currently being used i reckon is more terrifying than those rockets. I would rather die instant than having my skin burnt and peel off and then burning right down to the bone

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
If Putin died today, power would go to the Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin, I suppose. I studied politics at university and found dual-executive governments confusing.

Not specifically Russia in this example but the President acts as the state image dealing with foreign and economic matters whereas the Prime Minister deals with more domestic issues.

Reactions: 12
I read that putin will deploy thermobaric rockets which is terrifying (read it in the Telegraph)
That is absolutely horrific.

I’ve seen lots of Russian people protesting but Putin doesn’t care. No regard for Ukrainian civilians or his own people

Reactions: 9
So many feelings right now.
Want to know what's happening because if I don't I feel like I'm being ignorant.
Don't want to know what's happening because it send my anxiety through the roof.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
So many feelings right now.
Want to know what's happening because if I don't I feel like I'm being ignorant.
Don't want to know what's happening because it send my anxiety through the roof.
I am similar. I spent most of yesterday checking news but it just left me feeling so hopeless and sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I still don’t understand how all these countries supplying ammunition isn’t pissing putin off. Surely we would be better remaining quiet. Yes we haven’t got boots on the ground but supplying millions of help publicly must be angering him

Reactions: 8
If Putin died today, power would go to the Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin, I suppose. I studied politics at university and found dual-executive governments confusing.

Not specifically Russia in this example but the President acts as the state image dealing with foreign and economic matters whereas the Prime Minister deals with more domestic issues.
In theory. But it usually doesn’t work. Look at Hungary or Romania. In both countries, the PM does everything. In Romania you can see the president being involved and making decisions but still the PM is the one doing the “real work”. In Hungary you barely see the president doing anything.

Reactions: 13
It’s very easy to direct your troops to fight but Putin himself wouldn’t last two minutes in the firing line, because behind it all he is a coward. Look at Zelensky. Now there’s a man who will go down in the history books. Not an evil bully who is the worst thing to happen to this world since Hitler

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I still don’t understand how all these countries supplying ammunition isn’t pissing putin off. Surely we would be better remaining quiet. Yes we haven’t got boots on the ground but supplying millions of help publicly must be angering him
So you are saying the message the whole world sends to Putin should be that we are scared of him and he can do whatever he wants? So next he attacks EU member states and then countries like Sweden and Finland…

It’s very easy to direct your troops to fight but Putin himself wouldn’t last two minutes in the firing line, because behind it all he is a coward. Look at Zelensky. Now there’s a man who will go down in the history books. Not an evil bully who is the worst thing to happen to this world since Hitler
Putin 100% did not expect this. So many people didn’t take Zelensky seriously because he is a “comedian” but look at him handling this. And look at the Ukranian people listening to him and following him.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So you are saying the message the whole world sends to Putin should be that we are scared of him and he can do whatever he wants? So next he attacks EU member states and then countries like Sweden and Finland…

Putin 100% did not expect this. So many people didn’t take Zelensky seriously because he is a “comedian” but look at him handling this. And look at the Ukranian people listening to him and following him.
I’m not saying anything, I’m just voicing an opinion, we see boots on the ground as prodding the bear but sending all this help and making it very well know isn’t prodding the bear.. that doesn’t make complete sense to me. I don’t know how you handle a complete hole like putin.

Reactions: 7
I think he kind of knew that would happen though that countries would help and support Ukraine. Imagine if we all just backed down and left it? Putin would become even more big headed and think he was succeeding/nobody will stand up to him so he can do what he wants. We have to do something we can’t just sit back and ignore his actions, but at the moment providing weapons and supporting them (even if it does piss him off a little), is better than storming in there with our army and really upsetting him which would potentially start WW3.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.