Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NATO has some very high tech and advanced weaponry , the best thing we could do is donate some to them them to give them a fighting chance.

Reactions: 11
Also another thought and again I don’t know much about it but if Russia are skint surely this war is very costly and can they afford to invade other countries and be able to maintain power in the Ukraine? I know that there is probably hidden money or whatever but I’ve heard quite a few things that Russia are skint.
Putin has millions of dollars in reserve - a strong currency to have a lot of (and a lot of it likely stolen from cyber-attacks). Putin has been planning for economic sanctions. Economic sanctions won't immediately hurt as much because of this. India and China also are backing Russia and will continue to trade.

Reactions: 10
We can send them to Coventry, worldwide. We can refuse to deal with them utterly. We can cripple them economically.
China are liars. Their news was reporting this am that the war was over. The Chinese state is foul, rotten and corrupt.
Two awful dictatorship regimes.

Reactions: 12
NATO has some very high tech and advanced weaponry , the best thing we could do is donate some to them them to give them a fighting chance.
I agree this has to be done but if NATO donate weapons and then Russia end up seizing Ukraine then those weapons will end up in Russian hands.

Reactions: 9
Poland have already starting to change road signs all across the country to give military tanks right of way on the motorways etc. The army has also taken over parts of airports. So they are also gearing up for an invasion I think

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Putin has millions of dollars in reserve - a strong currency to have a lot of (and a lot of it likely stolen from cyber-attacks). Putin has been planning for economic sanctions. Economic sanctions won't immediately hurt as much because of this. India and China also are backing Russia and will continue to trade.
Not in Russia though. And they will get cut off from the SWIFT system so they are fucked.

Poland have already starting to change road signs all across the country to give military tanks right of way on the motorways etc. The army has also taken over parts of airports. So they are also gearing up for an invasion I think
Any invasion there & NATO can steam in , Polands under NATO Protectorate

Reactions: 14
Although thankfully not in Ukraine, I worry for my family just over the border in Poland. We have spoken about their fears and the possibility of them coming to Ireland if things escalate, but many of my older relatives are too frail now to travel. The younger boys say they wish they could go to Ukraine and fight for them, but the border is only open one way right now.

Understandably the elders of my family feel an intense fear of history repeating itself. Though they were quite young during the war, they remember their older brothers who never returned from the camps.

As I understand it Poland has been sending some very high tech weaponry to Ukraine. Poland is one of the biggest spenders in Eastern Europe when it comes to defence, second only I believe to Russia! I think if Poland was not a NATO member they may well have come to the defence of Ukraine by now, but their hands are tied by NATO sadly.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Although thankfully not in Ukraine, I worry for my family just over the border in Poland. We have spoken about their fears and the possibility of them coming to Ireland if things escalate, but many of my older relatives are too frail now to travel. The younger boys say they wish they could go to Ukraine and fight for them, but the border is only open one way right now.

Understandably the elders of my family feel an intense fear of history repeating itself. Though they were quite young during the war, they remember their older brothers who never returned from the camps.

As I understand it Poland has been sending some very high tech weaponry to Ukraine. Poland is one of the biggest spenders in Eastern Europe when it comes to defence, second only I believe to Russia! I think if Poland was not a NATO member they may well have come to the defence of Ukraine by now, but their hands are tied by NATO sadly.
And they'll be protected because of the same. xx

Reactions: 8
That's the problem. We are stuck because as soon as we make the wrong move (Wrong in Putin's eyes) we are in WW3 and he has already threatened nuclear weapons. I think this is why this is unsettling so many people. We seem stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

On a side note I hate hate HATE that Putin is saying this is to de-nazify Ukraine as his excuse. As a Jewish woman I find it so insulting he is using that to justify the needless killing for his own agenda.
Shalom shabbat. I agree with you wholly.

• Heart
I think putin would then really face huge problems from his own people, civilians and officials, bearing in mind how they’ve already protested about this, again as well as the 150 officials.

US have a lot if troops in Poland etc. Would they dare?

Reactions: 7
Nato confirmed they will send more weapons

Are they going to get kicked out of SWIFT though? Olaf Scholz won't agree. Neither will Hungary or Italy.
Germany confirmed they will agree to it.
Hungary can be strong-armed and so can Italy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I hope I’ve got this right, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. My understanding is that China want to seize Taiwan, Japan is likely to defend Taiwan with Australia as their ally so China are cosying up to Russia in the event they need their help.
China will also come up against AUKUS (the recently created Australian, UK and US) military pact.
Heaven help them.

Reactions: 16
That wouldn’t stop them from using airports in Russia and Belarus close to the Ukrainian border
They have used planes though - they dropped off thousands of troops by parachutes yesterday and I also thought I had seen a formation of approx 10 jets flying over Kyiv which someone posted - agree they are not dropping bombs but they would possibly use drones for that - didn’t we use Exocets in, was it Kuwait?,
I am not asking to see the actual fighting but we haven’t seen any of the military battles and havent really heard them spoken about as much - I remember when SKY was literally showing 24/7 live footage when we were at war in the 80s or 90s cannot remember which one it was - Falklands maybe.

also North Korea and fathead boy have been quiet
1645815046300.jpeg

I don't want to worry about because I don't know what it means or if it's normal to talk about this when a war could be pending but my friends husband is in the British army & he said when he FaceTimes her tonight he needs to go over is life insurance with her.
there will be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about, it makes sense that the UK are getting prepared. He probably also wants to ensure everything is organised now before everything gets worse x

Reactions: 19
They are skint they have the GDP of less than Italy but act like a world superpower the average russian salary is like 350 pounds a month . They spend a lot of money on military they will want this war with Ukraine to be short feeding and supplying troops is very expensive. It truly depends on how mental he is China might be giving them money on the side.
I don’t believe they are skint.
I do think they are going into Ukraine with the intention of basically bleeping tit up and then getting out of there. He hasn’t been feeding his soldiers which is one major problem.

Reactions: 9
Missiles dropping on Kyiv, how are these missiles launched or from what?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.