Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
there will be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about, it makes sense that the UK are getting prepared. He probably also wants to ensure everything is organised now before everything gets worse x
Nato said they will keep sending troops to Eastern Europe. So that might be why?

Reactions: 11
Yes.... what else can you do? You would have to fight the invasive aggressor- on your front driveway. Probably to the death, if they want to execute you and your family. I know I would. Thankfully you and I will never need to.
People sometimes don't realise how lucky they are living here in the UK , with our protection and lifestyle levels.
I would fight to protect my family, my country and my people too. When the situation requires it, I think we are all capable of astonishing bravery to safeguard democracy, our freedoms and way of life.

Reactions: 21
I don’t believe they are skint.
I do think they are going into Ukraine with the intention of basically bleeping tit up and then getting out of there. He hasn’t been feeding his soldiers which is one major problem.
If they weren’t skint, why are they using old and often malfunctioning equipment?

Reactions: 7
there will be a lot going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about, it makes sense that the UK are getting prepared. He probably also wants to ensure everything is organised now before everything gets worse x

There will be such we don't know behind the scenes.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

Reactions: 10
Serious question, do most Russian people even know about the sanctions yet? If the media is state controlled is it even being reported? Seems to be a bit of a split among then Russian people, the older generation who get their news from the state controlled channels and therefore only hear what Putin wants them to hear and the more informed younger people who rely on the internet and social media.

Reactions: 14
Sorry if this sound ignorant.. but all of these civilians arming themselves, are they supposed to just shoot at the Russian army as they see them coming? Is this how it is? I thought it would be more than just man on man, shooting?

Are they guided by the Ukrainian army?

I’ve just seen pictures of random people on Twitter holding guns saying they will protect their country

Reactions: 15
saw this answer somewhere else which kind of explains it I suppose,

There is very little the UN can do in the face of Russia to effectively combat the goings on in the Ukraine.

The UN I believe sends money to the Ukraine, refused to recognise the annexation by Russia and supports openly the resistance against Russian insurgency attempts and even slapped some sanctions on but other than this what more can really be expected of the UN?

Also it is the fact that Russia just does not care, Russia is a Country that is only concerned with its own interests and ambitions. It does not give a single thought to UN sanctions, US warnings or NATO condemnations. As far as Russia is concerned it is all talk and no action. Putin knows that an intervention into his affairs would be disastrous for the World and the US nor NATO would not unless absolutely necessary risk a nuclear war over a former soviet state.
We can't expect much, if anything, of the UN.
Friends in Bosnia hate the UN. They remember how the peacekeeping forces did nothing to stop genocide. All they were good for was parking lorries in a line so that civilians could cross the street without being shot by a sniper. Remember that UN forces handed over hundreds of young Bosnian Muslims to the Serbs to be tortured and shot.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
They have used planes though - they dropped off thousands of troops by parachutes yesterday and I also thought I had seen a formation of approx 10 jets flying over Kyiv which someone posted - agree they are not dropping bombs but they would possibly use drones for that - didn’t we use Exocets in, was it Kuwait?,
I am not asking to see the actual fighting but we haven’t seen any of the military battles and havent really heard them spoken about as much - I remember when SKY was literally showing 24/7 live footage when we were at war in the 80s or 90s cannot remember which one it was - Falklands maybe.

also North Korea and fathead boy have been quiet
View attachment 1087551
And I hope he remains quiet. Good heavens I'd almost forgot about him 😳

Reactions: 6
We have to remember that most of the videos which have been circulating are old footage from other wars or training exercises. This has been verified.
Its out of order that Ukraine has closed their borders to men. Most people wouldn’t choose to fight and are pacifists, they should be allowed to seek refuge. It’s one thing people in government feeling they owe their country, but normal folk shouldn’t be forced into conflict.

Reactions: 27
Friends in Bosnia hate the UN. They remember how the peacekeeping forces did nothing to stop genocide. All they were good for was parking lorries in a line so that civilians could cross the street without being shot by a sniper. Remember that UN forces handed over hundreds of young Bosnian Muslims to the Serbs to be tortured and shot.
Amen.

People rarely realise the truth of the UN. 2 million civilians and armed forces died on the UN's watch and a further 2 million were displaced from Bosnia. Hardly a successful peacekeeping mission.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I would fight to protect my family, my country and my people too. When the situation requires it, I think we are all capable of astonishing bravery to safeguard democracy, our freedoms and way of life.
I would also fight this is my home and my people, . Imagine Putin occupying your home country ? It would be awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Same in Rwanda. The UN withdrew their peacekeepers pretty sharpish but the Canadians and Pakistani soldiers chose to stay.
Same with UNICEF who had offices right next to an orphanage but refused to help when the water and power was cut off.

• Wow
  • Sad
What happens if Ukraine succeed in fighting the Russian’s off and Putin doesn’t get what he wants? How would an angry, shamed, embarrassed, little man - that’s possibly losing his marbles, react? 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 16
We have to remember that most of the videos which have been circulating are old footage from other wars or training exercises. This has been verified.
Its out of order that Ukraine has closed their borders to men. Most people wouldn’t choose to fight and are pacifists, they should be allowed to seek refuge. It’s one thing people in government feeling they owe their country, but normal folk shouldn’t be forced into conflict.
Devils advocate but Imagine if there was no conscription in WW2 , we would have been taken over and occupied unfortunately it is needed sometimes but not in this situation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.