Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I so hope you’re right.
I am right and it's because how horrific and powerful these weapons are. One standard bomb used nowadays is nearly 10 times more powerful than the one used on Hiroshima and we have loads of them . They even have a bunker buster bomb which can penetrate underground . Basically the whole world would be destroyed on both sides so there is no point in anyone launching one.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
If Ukraine does not surrender (I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t, or if it will come to that or not) what will happen to the Ukrainian PM? 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I thought the reason why the Russian airforce hasn't done much yet is because they lost the northern airport yesterday and only just got it back a matter of hours ago.
That wouldn’t stop them from using airports in Russia and Belarus close to the Ukrainian border

An assassination is needed
I hope for one, but he is God-like to those around him. Most Russians have his photo up in their living rooms. He’s not seen as how we see our leaders. Of course there are plenty who don’t support or revere him but there are millions who do.

Reactions: 12
Also another thought and again I don’t know much about it but if Russia are skint surely this war is very costly and can they afford to invade other countries and be able to maintain power in the Ukraine? I know that there is probably hidden money or whatever but I’ve heard quite a few things that Russia are skint.

Reactions: 13
If Ukraine does not surrender (I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t, or if it will come to that or not) what will happen to the Ukrainian PM? 😔
The president? I fear it will the same outcome either way

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I seen on Facebook people saying Putin is terminaly ill and he wants to leave a legacy like Hitler 😲

He's totally unhinged
Last year there were reports that he was fighting cancer and also diagnosed with Parkinson’s

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Also another thought and again I don’t know much about it but if Russia are skint surely this war is very costly and can they afford to invade other countries and be able to maintain power in the Ukraine? I know that there is probably hidden money or whatever but I’ve heard quite a few things that Russia are skint.
Russia isn’t skint, the working classes are. But as a country it’s mega rich

Reactions: 11
Wasn't there a clip of the Ukrainian President earlier saying he has intel that he is Putins number 1 target and his family are 2nd. I don't think surrendering would be good for him 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I hope for one, but he is God-like to those around him. Most Russians have his photo up in their living rooms. He’s not seen as how we see our leaders. Of course there are plenty who don’t support or revere him but there are millions who do.
The oligarchs that keep him in power definitely don’t worship him and they will turn on him soon enough. Russia isn’t North Korea. The country’s elite is used to travel, enjoying the western world while exploiting their own country. Why do you think most of them keep their assets elsewhere? Now they are stuck in Russia they won’t be happy about it.

Russia isn’t skint, the working classes are. But as a country it’s mega rich
It’s not. If it was mega rich they wouldn’t be using old military equipment, including missiles that don’t detonate…

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They are skint they have the GDP of less than Italy but act like a world superpower the average russian salary is like 350 pounds a month . They spend a lot of money on military they will want this war with Ukraine to be short feeding and supplying troops is very expensive. It truly depends on how mental he is China might be giving them money on the side.

Reactions: 16
I am so upset for the poor Ukrainian people. I keep looking at the pictures of the families and the children and my heart breaks. I keep crying for them. I had to come on here and read through everyones comments.

• Heart
I know they aren’t as bothered by the Paralympics as the olympics but that starts next Friday, do you think China will be putting a bit of pressure on russia to have stopped by then? Because whatever way we look at it this conflict will be a distraction and already China aren’t viewed well, although still urging that they want calm. I don’t know maybe I’m just grasping at straws for some hope and rest for the Ukrainian people.

Re the comments about Europe not doing enough… short of sending soldiers in and denying swift access is there more we can do? Genuine question.
Sorry, perhaps this has already been answered - don't have time to read the entire thread!
Europe has not sent soldiers in (which is not surprising given Putin implied he would use the nuclear weapon, and I understand why other countries have not done that), Swift access has not been revoked, and the sanctions, at least in the UK, have been laughable - so yeah, we there is still a lot more we can do than we currently are.

Reactions: 7
I know they aren’t as bothered by the Paralympics as the olympics but that starts next Friday, do you think China will be putting a bit of pressure on russia to have stopped by then? Because whatever way we look at it this conflict will be a distraction and already China aren’t viewed well, although still urging that they want calm. I don’t know maybe I’m just grasping at straws for some hope and rest for the Ukrainian people.
With what a sham the winter olympics were, china will want to redeem itself. Also with how Russians are seen after the doping scandal, I wouldn’t be surprised if country’s would start boycotting the Olympics and putting pressure on China to now allow Russians to compete.

Sorry, perhaps this has already been answered - don't have time to read the entire thread!
Europe has not sent soldiers in (which is not surprising given Putin implied he would use the nuclear weapon), Swift access has not been revoked, and the sanctions, at least in the UK, have been laughable - so yeah, we there is still a lot more we can do than we currently are.
Germany finally agreed to cut Russia off from Swift payments. We are getting there.

Reactions: 14
He will be murdered either way it's Putin he murders his enemies that's why he will probably fight to the end.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Yep. And the tragedy is any developing nation witnessing this can only draw one conclusion. The Russia-China axis is strong. The West can do nothing about it.
We can send them to Coventry, worldwide. We can refuse to deal with them utterly. We can cripple them economically.
China are liars. Their news was reporting this am that the war was over. The Chinese state is foul, rotten and corrupt.

Reactions: 9
I don't want to worry about because I don't know what it means or if it's normal to talk about this when a war could be pending but my friends husband is in the British army & he said when he FaceTimes her tonight he needs to go over is life insurance with her.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.