Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't hear much of is how many stinger missiles they have - the high tech ones that can lock onto and bring down aircraft. That was a huge reason why the Soviets lost Afghanistan as once the Americans gave them these weapons and they effectively couldn't fly aircraft it was lost. That was the end of the Soviet Union.

Are they being armed with enough of these portable air missiles? Because even if the airports are Russia controlled then they'll not be much use.

Reactions: 14
They are both massive, it's immaterial really..... we always have nuclear subs sailing 24/7, as does the USA, etc

Unfortunately, NATO cannot start fighting Russia- it's an act of War . Russia invading Ukraine is an act of War aggression against Ukraine. Not the EU, Great Britain or American soil .
We can support them , allow Ukraine weapons and also we can be there in Humanitarian aid. We can help them by writing off their debts to us , by many other ways too.
Once Russia puts a step onto an EU member states soil, NATO can go for them. Until then, NATO must bolster the e.u. Borders, in these early days of their conflict.
Human Rights Watch is pushing to prove Russia is targeting civilians now. This might push Nato to make the move.

What I don't hear much of is stinger missiles - the high tech ones that can lock onto and bring down aircraft. That was a huge reason why the Soviets lost Afghanistan as once the Americans gave them these weapons and they effectively couldn't fly aircraft it was lost.

Are they being armed with these portable air missiles? Because even if the airports are Russia controlled then they'll not be much use.
The UK gave Ukraine various missiles and given that you don’t see a lot done by the Russian airforce, it might be because they know Ukraine can take down their planes

Reactions: 11
I thought Russia had a bigger nuclear arsenal than NATO?

Not really it's about the same also Russia is skint so I'm guessing a lot of their warheads are Soviet era so probably not as powerful. China has approx 350. Basically if they tried it they would also be wiped out so there's not really much point. I truly believe the oligarchs would kill him before it got to that point all they care about is money.

Attachments

The UK gave Ukraine various missiles and given that you don’t see a lot done by the Russian airforce, it might be because they know Ukraine can take down their planes
I thought the reason why the Russian airforce hasn't done much yet is because they lost the northern airport yesterday and only just got it back a matter of hours ago.

Reactions: 10
What I don't hear much of is how many stinger missiles they have - the high tech ones that can lock onto and bring down aircraft. That was a huge reason why the Soviets lost Afghanistan as once the Americans gave them these weapons and they effectively couldn't fly aircraft it was lost. That was the end of the Soviet Union.

Are they being armed with enough of these portable air missiles? Because even if the airports are Russia controlled then they'll not be much use.
I'm wondering about that too. They appeared to be shooting down helicopters but I've not seen any air defence systems or the high tech weaponry mentioned. Yet.

Reactions: 6
A lot of far right lunatics outside of Russia are pro Putin. They see him as anti establishment, but for context these people are also generally pro Trump, think Covid is hoax, that climate change is made up and that Bill Gates wants to use vaccines to inject us all with micro chips. Quite frankly they shouldn’t be allowed to cross the road unaided IMO but there you go.
And bloody Trump is one of them. 'Putin is a genius' indeed.
Put him and Putin back to back and save a bullet.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I personally think President Zelensky is so sexy didn't want to say 🤣🤣 he's fit , brave and loves his people . I wouldn't kick him out of bed. The Klitschko brothers are also fit think I must have a thing for Ukrainian men 🤣🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm wondering about that too. They appeared to be shooting down helicopters but I've not seen any air defence systems or the high tech weaponry mentioned. Yet.
I wonder if it's all being kept quiet?

So many of the Ukrainian people talk about air to surface missiles and how they need them. Military people are saying how important the Russians securing the airport is in order to fly in supplies and troops.

Not really it's about the same also Russia is skint so I'm guessing a lot of their warheads are Soviet era so probably not as powerful. China has approx 350. Basically if they tried it they would also be wiped out so there's not really much point. I truly believe the oligarchs would kill him before it got to that point all they care about is money.
I so hope you’re right.

I was just having a read on why Finland and Sweden weren't already members of NATO, and how joining would work and came across this

The article is dated Jan 2022, and doesn't say that it's been updated.
Both countries have been threatened in the exact same manner and same words a month ago like they were today.

Is joining something that has been mentioned today, or are Russia bringing backing an old conversation to publically flex their arm?

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I personally think President Zelensky is so sexy didn't want to say 🤣🤣 he's fit , brave and loves his people . I wouldn't kick him out of bed. The Klitschko brothers are also fit think I must have a thing for Ukrainian men 🤣🤣.
I feel like a thirsty tart for bringing it up first lol His face today has broken me though, I really hope he and his family survive this.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder if it's all being kept quiet?

So many of the Ukrainian people talk about air to surface missiles and how they need them. Military people are saying how important the Russians securing the airport is in order to fly in supplies and troops.
That's a thought. The Ukrainian government had a warning out earlier not to share anything on socials as it was a matter of national security.

Reactions: 14
I have no idea about this tbh, but what is really worrying is the rest of the Chernobyl site... it is encased to prevent the radiation gettng out... but imagine it was bombed accidentally, absolutely terrifying... this is not out of the question now
It’s very unlikely Chernobyl will accidentally get bombed, it’s in a huge exclusion zone that has no one living in it (2600km to be exact)

Why the duck were nuclear weapons ever invented?

Been following this thread for the last 2 days as well as the news and I’ve been so anxious, imagining having to flee with my one year old and my husband being forced to fight it honestly honestly terrifies me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.