Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mention of Ukraine means Putin will use this as an excuse for a full mobilisation. He orchestrated this.

Reactions: 3
Death toll nearing 100 now. It has been suggested that IS are responding to Wagner’s operations in parts of Africa. It’s a shame they didn’t target Putin rather than a rock concert crowd. US passed on intel that an attack was imminent which was apparently ignored.
Hence why Putin is blaming Ukraine. If one was into conspiracy theories one could argue that Putin let the attack happen so he could turn it into anti Ukraine propaganda and Russians would lap it up. Also diverts away any remaining attention about Navalny.

Reactions: 4
1000113125.png

---
Hence why Putin is blaming Ukraine. If one was into conspiracy theories one could argue that Putin let the attack happen so he could turn it into anti Ukraine propaganda and Russians would lap it up. Also diverts away any remaining attention about Navalny.
I don't think it's much about Alexei tbh. He literally spoke his name on TV last Sunday. That was Putin trying to say that "see. I've mentioned him. end of" and then he doesn't have to say anything further on the topic.
This is actually about Ukraine. Shoigu said he wants a 300k army. I'm sure this will lead to a mobilisation

Reactions: 2
It’s a shame they didn’t target Putin rather than a rock concert crowd.
Islamic terrorists rarely do- angry at UK involvement in the Middle East they target a pop concert full of young people, or they drive into crowds. Angry at Israel they attack Kibbutz, angry at France they attack a rock concert and shoot people having evening drinks. These are just a small number of examples sadly.
---
View attachment 2832711
---

I don't think it's much about Alexei tbh. He literally spoke his name on TV last Sunday. That was Putin trying to say that "see. I've mentioned him. end of" and then he doesn't have to say anything further on the topic.
This is actually about Ukraine. Shoigu said he wants a 300k army
Yes but a lot of people turned up to his funeral and openly spoke about it. Any chance of anti government sentiment needed to be stamped out very quickly - this just happened to be something that fell into Putin’s lap which has assured that.
---
Ah. So using this to detain his enemies and intensify the war on Ukraine it is.
And sadly more innocent people will die for this despot and his delusions.

Feel like I’m getting sucked in by all the conspiracy theories this week but the fact they “caught” all 4 shooters within hours of the event seems so unrealistic unless they knew exactly who they were looking for before it even happened.

Reactions: 6
It could be like the Moscow apartment bombings at the beginning of Putin's career.
I’d never heard of these attacks before and it’s quite interesting how many people associated with the bombings have died (not directly from the bombs itself). It’s so sad how little the Russian establishment values human life.

• Heart
Feel like I’m getting sucked in by all the conspiracy theories this week but the fact they “caught” all 4 shooters within hours of the event seems so unrealistic unless they knew exactly who they were looking for before it even happened.
When it comes to Putin's regime arresting people, I always have a healthy sense of suspicion as to whether those arrested align with what they were arrested for.

I’d never heard of these attacks before and it’s quite interesting how many people associated with the bombings have died (not directly from the bombs itself). It’s so sad how little the Russian establishment values human life.
Yes this is exactly the point.
I've actually had people say to me "But I think Putin loves the Russian people. He's so patriotic"
Clearly not realising it's all fake and Putin doesn't care about anything other than his yachts and billions. That's what he's fighting for. That's it.
Anyone who thinks Putin cares is seriously deluded. He literally rebuffed the idea of a terrorist attack as "Western blackmail" and now look where we are.

Maria Pevchikh explains it best:

Ah. So using this to detain his enemies and intensify the war on Ukraine it is.
Pretty much.

In case anyone missed it, here is the glorious leader imparting his wisdom in an uncharacteristically short piece (with transcript):
Short - but not without the essential ingredient of 'like what the nazis would do'.

Russian ambassador to the US

and
Foreign ministry spox

Various arguments ongoing about whether it qualifies as false flag, orchestrated, or even deliberately ignored, it was inevitably going to be turned into a handy excuse.

And of course it's all primarily for internal and 'friendly' consumption so when more facts come to light we can be sure that the official line won't change in the slightest.

I lived in Russia for a while in 1999/2000 and worked volunteering in an orphanage out there. Absolutely loved it and the Russian people, I was out in the middle of nowhere in the Bryansk region. Anyway I've stayed in touch with the director of the orphanage, who was like a 2nd mum to me. A well educated and intelligent person who I've always looked up to, she's now in her early 60s. She is 100% pro Putin and believes anything he puts out. Since the start of the war in Ukraine she's had a very twisted view of it, and yesterday I texted to check her and her family were okay following the attacks.

This is the response I got:
I'm fine, Katya and Yaellina are fine too. The shooting took place in City Hall. People came to the concert, they were shot at point-blank range. A terrible terrorist attack killed many people and children. Your government is happy about what happened in Moscow. It is believed that this was done by England and the States.

I'm aware of the narrative today about who the attackers were, but the amount of control Putin has through the press is ridiculous and many Russians are just lapping it up. It's so scary how the twisted narrative is influencing more justification for war.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I lived in Russia for a while in 1999/2000 and worked volunteering in an orphanage out there. Absolutely loved it and the Russian people, I was out in the middle of nowhere in the Bryansk region. Anyway I've stayed in touch with the director of the orphanage, who was like a 2nd mum to me. A well educated and intelligent person who I've always looked up to, she's now in her early 60s. She is 100% pro Putin and believes anything he puts out. Since the start of the war in Ukraine she's had a very twisted view of it, and yesterday I texted to check her and her family were okay following the attacks.

This is the response I got:
I'm fine, Katya and Yaellina are fine too. The shooting took place in City Hall. People came to the concert, they were shot at point-blank range. A terrible terrorist attack killed many people and children. Your government is happy about what happened in Moscow. It is believed that this was done by England and the States.

I'm aware of the narrative today about who the attackers were, but the amount of control Putin has through the press is ridiculous and many Russians are just lapping it up. It's so scary how the twisted narrative is influencing more justification for war.
That's very sad to hear. Very upsetting to see people lapping it up as you say. It could be her age though. There's a reason the propaganda works on older people, because it reinforces to them what they have seen before. These people have grown up in a system where if you talk about politics you get killed/repressed etc . Just the old memories of how it used to be is enough to dictate them to behave like that. A lot of generational trauma. That's why it works so well. It's many many decades of propaganda at work here.
We mustn't lose hope though.

Reactions: 5
Yes I could be her age with all she's lived through, but she's always been one of the more progressive Russian women I've known and she's travelled to England to visit us and also the USA, so she's seen what it's like out of Russia.

When Russia invaded the Ukraine at first her justification was that they were protecting the Ukraine from terrorists, so in effect helping the Ukraine. Interestingly the Russian orphanage I worked in now houses Ukrainian children who have been 'rescued'.

Propaganda out there is huge, and they just lap it up.

Reactions: 6
Someone on Reddit a few months ago made a good post in reference to the Russian people. They are so entrenched in their propaganda that they have become blind to the truth in front of them and cruel.

‘Living next to Russia and having Russians - both citizens of Russia and citizens of other countries, including my own, but ethnically Russian or some other formerly USSR state - living amongst people here, it's always been clear that there are "normal" Russians who basically just want to live and let live and who do their utmost to adapt to the country they're living in and then there are Russians who have been soaked through and through the Russian imperialistic mindset, to such a degree that they themselves could be harmed for the better good of the empire and they'd walk to the gallows singing and dancing.
There's something wrong and broken in the national psyche of those Russians who have the mindset of Russian imperialism embedded into them. They're so proud over their country - despite their country being far from the best in the world in so many levels - and they are so smug. Their country could be great - just as they believe it to be so and advertise it as such - but any attempt or any serious discussion gets thrown out in the "crabs in the bucket" style.
They're nihilistic and cruel to their own people, and yet they mock other countries for less. They think they are the constant victims and yet victim-blame others, calling them weak and pussies. They also think they're being constantly attacked purely because they're Russian and not because their behaviour or attitudes are vile, cruel, self-important and lack any sense of self-reflection.
They've been threatening their neighbours for years since the end of Cold War and they seem to think that they have the ultimate and inherent right to be the top dog in the food chain. It's good to see that some people have woken up to this, out alarming that so many still haven't and even refuse to still see it.
The Russians with imperialist mindset think they're better than everybody else. They would gladly crush people under their boots for the sole pleasure that they can. And the war in Ukraine feeds the pleasure buttons in the brains of these people. "Russia is great and look how much everybody fears us now!" - this is their mindset, this is what gives them pleasure; that we're afraid of Russia or what Russian armed forces can do.
It's not just about bombing cities, but the sick pleasure of hearing how Russian armed forces r-pe and pillage and execute people mafia style gives to these sick-minded people a pleasure boost, because it means other people fear them and fear their army and that, to an average Russian that is heavily soaked through with propaganda about Russian uniqueness and greatness, is a sign that Russia has come back to its proper place which many Russians think they lost after the end of Cold War.
Say what you want about French, Americans, British or Germans - their officials and their people in general, I dare to say, do not take pleasure or an ounce of pride when their armed forces are found out to r-ape, kill and execute civilians. It's an act of shame, largely, as it should be.
Yet ever since I was small - and admittedly, it may have been ethnically and morally wrong thing to say to a kid - I've heard that "when a Russian man beats you, he loves you" and that "Russians are much more passionate people in relationships, but those passions also translate into beatings and bruises".
I'm not the only person to have grown up with this "wisdom". All Russia has done in the last 2 years is to prove EVERY SINGLE national prejudice that exists about them as urban legend - now only there's proof that they're just like my grandparents and great-grandparents told me.’

• Sad
Russia is going to have to do a lot to rebuild it's image.
It is very easy to get caught in the doom and gloom but we have to remember that there are people fighting for a free russia out there. This day will come. It will be complicated, yes, but we have to believe it will happen.

Russia is going to have to do a lot to rebuild it's image.
It is very easy to get caught in the doom and gloom but we have to remember that there are people fighting for a free russia out there. This day will come. It will be complicated, yes, but we have to believe it will happen.

I really hope so. I loved my time out there and would love to go back in safer times.

• Heart
I really hope so. I loved my time out there and would love to go back in safer times.
Bless you. It's always very encouraging to hear people say things like that.
There's so much anti Russian rhetoric out there at the moment, but people also like to attack ordinary Russians.
Don't worry. We'll get there, it's my dream to return too. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
There's so much anti Russian rhetoric out there at the moment, but people also like to attack ordinary Russians.
I try to make my remarks clear that criticisms of 'the Russians doing x' is about the army, government etc as opposed to the Russian people themselves unless explicitly mentioned but I know I fail possibly more than just from time to time and am somewhat reliant on there being some sort of 'oi do you mind' if I miss!
That said, my occasional cryptic incomprehensibility probably leaves more people confused than insulted...

• Heart
I try to make my remarks clear that criticisms of 'the Russians doing x' is about the army, government etc as opposed to the Russian people themselves unless explicitly mentioned but I know I fail possibly more than just from time to time and am somewhat reliant on there being some sort of 'oi do you mind' if I miss!
That said, my occasional cryptic incomprehensibility probably leaves more people confused than insulted...
No, I understand. It's because you know that the Russian government are awful and it doesn't even enter your head that you'd be talking about innocent civilians when criticising Russia.
I've had people say all sorts to me about Russia and the Russian people. It's mad.
But yes people who know what they're talking about like you are fine, so I wouldn't worry. You seem to focus on facts so that's the main thing :)

• Heart