Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent news :)
Let's hope the US bureaucracy isn't as bad as ours!

Though to be fair it's not the bureaucracy itself but an extraordinarily high number of 'defence contractors' and would-be suppliers who have applied though I'm a bit puzzled as to how the MoD doesn't already know them all.

Reactions: 3
Excellent news :)
Let's hope the US bureaucracy isn't as bad as ours!

Though to be fair it's not the bureaucracy itself but an extraordinarily high number of 'defence contractors' and would-be suppliers who have applied though I'm a bit puzzled as to how the MoD doesn't already know them all.
Well anybody who has an engineering company can build the items and most probably design. So people are probably applying who normally wouldn’t

Well anybody who has an engineering company can build the items and most probably design. So people are probably applying who normally wouldn’t
That would make sense, though I would think that these would be companies that existed before the big lucrative procurement was announced - newly-formed arrivals bringing to mind the not yet faded echoes of 'yes we are a completely legitimate supplier of PPE' and prompting some extra vigilance.

Reactions: 1
Further reading says that being an old Soviet missile system, the s-200 was retired from service a while back but then saved from the scrapheap with some fancy refurb and upgrade for longer range and better accuracy, combined with seeming to find some sort of 'sweet spot' of location and timing, this one apparently took a week of patience.
Well worth the wait.

Reactions: 2
Good. I'm glad it's been shot down. A salutary reminder to russia & it's people's who support putin

Well with the news about the US I hope this is a call for other western nations to ramp it up too.
This isn't a case of sit back and let America handle it. More still needs to be done like sanctioning Putin's inner circle for instance.

That would make sense, though I would think that these would be companies that existed before the big lucrative procurement was announced - newly-formed arrivals bringing to mind the not yet faded echoes of 'yes we are a completely legitimate supplier of PPE' and prompting some extra vigilance.
We have manufacturing business but I'm 100% sure the government would have no idea about us or have vetted us prior. If we were inclined we could tender for some of the projects but I assume we couldn't afford the "back-handers" cough cough.
During covid we applied to help make parts for the NHS but never heard a peep and even the biggest PPE provider close to us got ignored by the government even though they had masks etc ready go to. It really is all just one big scam.

Somewhat amusingly on the US expenditure, a Missouri rep complained that his state wasn;t going to get anything out of it:

The Russian ruling party/cronies elite remains absolutely loyal... to their own survival

And just for the fun of it, an interesting piece suggesting that someone's lack of sympathetic sentiment towards Ukraine might have been magnified by some anti-zelensky tantruming

Top bods from the Moldovan region(s) that asked for Moscow's assistance after making some very familiar sounding claims about nationalist oppression...

But Moscow has now lost a major piece of leverage

So it looks like the potential for a foothold has dwindled somewhat.

In the meantime though, people have done the numbers for logistics and the newly reconstructed land-bridge railway from Rostov to Crimea (or most of the way at least) will one hopes be getting some closer inspection by things that go boom.
---
The cost of delays

Last edited:
Lost the support of the media the poor darling :eek:

... so here's an accurate scale image of the violin that plays for him ==> .

• Haha
We’re being taken for fools.
Disappointing but while we still need the stuff there's always going to be 'balance of morality' and a small degree of comfort that the gain for the Russian state is massively reduced, certainly China has been enjoying some very favourable rates.

In the meantime...

There's a load of stuff that's been sitting in NATO countries ready for the 'go' signal so the expectation of stuff arriving quickly isn't an unreasonable one.
There's also been various reports about short-supply (longer range?) missiles being dug out of the deep storage and being used now that there's replacements on the way, and looking like a spanner to be thrown into the work of russian plans for great advances ahead of 'victory day' (and the parade in red square, they captured a tank so that's due a special spot).