Ukraine Russia War #14

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly two years on, Putin's attempt to turn Ukraine into an unnamed piece of Russia is still being held back.

Reactions: 6
Latest from the front, Ukrainian forces have left Avdiivka
(decently comprehensible map at the bottom)

Not much left of it but will be painted as a great victory for Russia despite their high losses.

Rusian foreign ministry spokesbod Maria Zakharova (after a post suggesting western leaders knew in advance of Navalny's death) has gone for the 'dollar jugular' as it were, posting on telegram that the withdrawal was financially motivated, that Zelenskyi 'with the gang' - and this bit is for the ears of US decision-makers - doing it all 'for big money which goes into their pockets'.
She knows full well that the funding doesn't work that way but then it's never been her job to speak the truth.

Gatherings at Navalny memorials continue despite arrests

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Putin;

This will sound awful but I have such sympathy for Palestine and the genocide happening in Gaza.
Less so for Ukraine because of the amount we’ve taken in and basically paid to come here, many not from any area effected by war. seeing the benefits they were living on with many openly boasting about it (personal experience)
Then this;

Going home on holidays at Christmas, they couldn’t get the dog on the flight so abandoned it. Fuckers

the actions of a few really do taint the many. The actions of our government in how they’re handeling Gaza compared to Ukraine is mind blowing

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh god I hope not. I think they're just trying to cover the cause of death.
They need to give it a couple of days for the poison to dissipate, then they will release the body after declaring it was 'natural causes'. Not going for the novichok style nerve agent this time because although that would be a big flashing neon signature as a warning to others, they don't want to contaminate a perfectly good prisoner walking area as this would prevent its re-use.

Russian ambassadors earning their keep today, a number of them being summoned by their host countries and on their return, making statements about interference in Russian affairs and 'biased anti-Russian insinuations'. Which is wrong because the insinuations are personal against Putin, not general against Russians.

RT has a handy 'explainer' (available from various of their other outlets but lacking the star of the show, the comment section) for those who hadn't heard of him, he is described as a 'nationalist agitator' and evil of evils a 'darling of western liberals', an opposition leader only in the minds of the western media, little more than a 'politically minded blogger'.
And therefore not worth international interest, nothing to see, move along...

As far as the Kremlin is concerned, Navalany is now yesterday and vanishing fast - TASS Russian doesn't mention him at all on their front page, and TASS English is keeping the 'win' of Avdiivka to the fore while he drops further down that page.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Putin;

This will sound awful but I have such sympathy for Palestine and the genocide happening in Gaza.
Less so for Ukraine because of the amount we’ve taken in and basically paid to come here, many not from any area effected by war. seeing the benefits they were living on with many openly boasting about it (personal experience)
Then this;

Going home on holidays at Christmas, they couldn’t get the dog on the flight so abandoned it. Fuckers

the actions of a few really do taint the many. The actions of our government in how they’re handeling Gaza compared to Ukraine is mind blowing
There’s calls for a similar scheme for Palestinians .

Reactions: 2
Isn’t it illegal for men of working age to leave Ukraine?
If they have three children or more (which is the case here with this man I would imagine), have medical issues or are carers then they are exempted. However there are several thousand draft dodgers who are not looked upon kindly by their fellow countrymen.
---
Does anyone feel that Ukraine aren’t going to win this war?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If they have three children or more (which is the case here with this man I would imagine), have medical issues or are carers then they are exempted. However there are several thousand draft dodgers who are not looked upon kindly by their fellow countrymen.
---
The will doesn't seem to be there as much from other countries to get their military aid in quickly or efficiently. Reminds me of World War 2 when the allies would drop aid for the resistance over Warsaw but they never calculated where to land it and the Germans just took it all.

Plus injured Ukrainian soldiers are now having to run around the streets trying to convince or forcing people to join the army. Russia just seem pretty relentless in pressing on.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone feel
that Ukraine aren’t going to win this war?
Not without a lot more serious supply of ammo and hardware, ini particular anything that can give heavy air support, without which a ground advance doesn't go very far.

At this point it's not easy to be optimistic though I think it's still a long way from lost.

-
[ oops 'more generally' rambled a bit, edited a lot, some obvious some not. ]
One way or another Russia has to be stopped or it will just carry on grabbing and advancing.
Even a freeze of the current front line can't last as it goes through the 'new regions of Russia' that it will not split.

The position is that the regions voted to join Russia and are therefore in their entirety now indivisibly part of Russia, losing any parts of which is an existential problem for Russia and its 'destiny' to become again the Russia of a thousand years ago.
(ref: every official statement regarding 'new territorial realities', plus Putin's history lesson - he is his own gospel - plus more recent statements, and a rant yesterday by ex president Medvedev, who describes a return to the 1991 borders as 'the direct and irreversible collapse of today's russia' and gives a hard 'no' with predictions of WW3 and nukes)

A bit messy (though reasonably accurate) map...
ukraine3_as_per_russian_statements_vs_current_front_coloured.jpg

Occupied area in orange. Purple area is not occupied but must be surrendered to Russia as per their stated prerequisite for negotiations.

Partial occupation, referendum at gunpoint to legitimise the territorial claim, and then pretend to be the reasonable one wanting to negotiate peace.

Slice by slice. Not stopping at Ukraine, everywhere that was in Putin's 'historic russia' is in line for the same treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
---
I never thought they would win it .Russia is very powerful whether we like to admit it or not…UK have extended the Ukrainian visas for another 18 months but with tighter restrictions around the host families.
---

---

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
never thought they would win it .Russia is very powerful whether we like to admit it or not
Problem is Putin wants the old Russian Empire back which was massive and included USA (Alaska), Latvia, Finland, Lithuania and Poland who are all NATO members. He won’t stop at Ukraine.

Problem is Putin wants the old Russian Empire back which was massive and included USA (Alaska), Latvia, Finland, Lithuania and Poland who are all NATO members. He won’t stop at Ukraine.
For an old guy that’s quite ambitious ! He’s 71 I’d doubt that would happen in his lifetime, look how far he’s advanced in two years…Poland don’t seem to care?

Last edited: